It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe John Lears stories?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aspie
I found it amazing that he was always going on about how he was going away for a while to his goldmine. Yet he was constantly on here everyday coming up with his BS. He must have had some mighty fine internet connection down that mine.

No there is no internet connection at the mine and its not down, its up at about 4000 feet.

Sometimes I really wonder why people like you work so hard to spread BS...

His mine actually has won awards for environmental concerns from the State of Nevada and is the ONLY currently licensed gold mine in the state. It's really pretty up there... we went to change out the propane tanks a couple weeks ago... left at 6am and where home by 4pm... its only a three hour drive... (and 40 miles as the crow flies) from his house

Whether you like him or not, John added content to ATS that gave people something interesting to talk about...

Can you imagine what it would be like around here if all we had was people like YOU who contributed nothing of value to any thread?

And why are you dragging this up again anyway? He's been gone from here over a year now... Is your life that empty?

John an me in front of some of the historic implements from the area

Here is the ball mill and the woofer table

Workshop

Operating permit and on public record...

Now why don't you take that pitch fork of yours and... Oh yeah forgot WE have to play nice...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara I wouldn't think a scam artist would pile all that crap in the home just to look good. Nor would a normal wife deal with that much crap laying about all the time.

LOL that 'crap' lying around is an awesome collection of photos, memorabilia, medals and citations from his days as a pilot... And John's den where he keeps all that 'crap' is larger than my house

His wife, a very exceptional lady has plenty of house left over...

I love the way you people judge someone you have never met

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
How's the gold mining going? Any? Or is it a front for his own tunnel to the underground hidden cities hmm?

John Lear was ok, I believe a lot of the info he has and does put out, and that is great in itself. He as most are probably familiar with the "need to know" basis of the way it seems 'they' structure the flow of information.

He may be told something from someone who has clearance or insider knowledge - and has no cause to question his source/s. However the information may have already been false he was given. This way disinformation as well as information on any of the subjects he speaks of (with authority) will filter through to mainstream like ATS.

He is ex CIA no? CIA should ring bells to anyone who knows their shady and seedy past. Mind control. Implanted thoughts and visions. Or simply using him as a tool to spread disinformation without his own intent.

50-50 is the safe bet. Now which 50 is true and which is not is the question. I asked him about the no plane theory on one thread and his response was odd. This is purely my own observation. He also comes across as holding back information. Maybe even he questions some of the stuff he is told on a need to know basis. I don't know.

A soul collector is not that far out - and if you are up with negative entities and how and what they feed on - a machine (ET tech) could be made, I don't see why not. Just look at Earth tech, are we not moving to a realm where we can see metaphysics and spiritual source fusing with "science" as "we" know it?

Perhaps there is a book or blog John Lear has we can read up on new information he may have to share?

But yeah - to all the self ego slappers that just want to contribute with "that's BS" type comments - very weak. You should at the very least give thoughtful reason to why you believe or not what John Lear has to say. Anything less is pointless ... to everyone.

wZn

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I LUV IT!

Well done Zorgon what a come back!

Have you finished digging your hole yet Aspie?

Boy that must have hurt

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrChipps

It works like this.. You don't have belive every word that comes from from well respected gentalmen like John Lear to find your own personal truth!

Its up to the reader to do his or her own homework!

Same with David Icke, Alex Jones.. Only a fool would belive EVERY single word from any one man or woman..

Granted I belive much of what John Lear has not only posted on ATS in the past, but alot of what he has to say today.
I have a high level of respect for the man! Its not all black and white.
There is alot of grey area..
ITs up to you to take what you need and leave the rest..

I get upset at times when I offer a good solid part of what someone says.
And they throw out the baby with the bath water.. Claiming.. Oh they are nutters! So they can never say anything that is true..

Nope.. It up to you to do the homework, check the sources.. So people such as Lear is a GREAT contact to have.. I think of it like a source for my own homework.. Without him.. I would not know much of what I know today.. Do I belive it all? Who would? Only a sheep follows any one man blindly taking in 100% of all they say..
But overall I belive 90% of what he says.. ITs give and take my friend!

Do your homework, on any given subject.. And if it doesnt add up to you personally.. Well thats up to you.
NO one can tell you what your personal truth is.. But they can help you reach a point where you can learn alot about yourself..

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I found it amazing that he was always going on about how he was going away for a while to his goldmine. Yet he was constantly on here everyday coming up with his BS.

Are you sure about that, as I strongly disagree.

When John said that he would be down at his mine for a few days - he was offline for a few days.

Please stop spreading your warped view of something that never happened. Besides, John is still a registered ATS member, so you better be careful when you level false accusations about him.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have often given thought to John Lear & several other high profile members posts on ATS. [Clifford Stone being another.] A great deal of wonder & amazing revelations may be gleaned from them.

I have a profound respect for John Lear. He is a man of many accomplishments that most people only dream about. Fortunately he is still a very active person with quite an appetite for wonder & adventure. I laud him for these qualities. Given his "eccentric air", he does nonetheless, provide interesting data that must be "sifted through" for one's own personal answers.

But let's examine one of his quotes already mentioned:
posted on 12-9-2004 @ 12:48
Q&A Session with John Lear
Q. Back when you were working for CIA, did you have any situations with UFO/ET's involved?

A. None. I wasn't even interested in the subject until 1985. The last operation I did with them was in Cairo in 1982.

Q. How do you think, what or who is the cause of UFO/ET subject disinformation?

A. The government. It is absolutely vital that the general public not be informed in what is going on. It is much more serious than just "we have a right to know." The truth is, the public has no right to know." ...

Lear was recruited by the CIA as an operative. The "Company" hires people who have proper credentials & "shared interests." Lear was the best man for the job across Europe & Africa, etc. They use his expertise, he gets a payroll check.

America was recovering from the fall of Iran into militant & religious zealot hands. Reagan was working on the Cold War problems in the USSR & Eastern Europe. There were some critical issues at hand during the period. There were some UFO/ET issues that cropped up during those years. Perhaps he became involved in something, albeit unawares until he was out of the program. Maybe he began to put pieces of the puzzle together. Or perhaps he was unexpectedly exposed to a "virus," or indeed subjected to the Companies fluffy mind programs, got all flooded. He may not be able to consciously remember anything at all. Hell, we just don't know. One thing that the CIA does is work Ops out on a limb to see how well they can tolerate situations. Introduce them so to speak. Maybe the CIA got sucked into something they couldn't close the door on. Again, we really so not know. All that we are left with is: John Lear 30 years later. It may not square up with everyone else, but it makes perfect sense to me.

And yes, again I still respect him.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Zorgon's reply edited by me.

Imagination is not necessary, memory is. I was here when John was holding court and the only thing he contributed were nice, big photos of the lunar surface courtesy of NASA. Nothing that he pointed out in the photos had any reality, seeing them was strictly in the imagination. But John acted as if whatever he pointed out was really there, including some posters who highlighted John's and other's areas in color. The audience went wild everytime he spoke. Those of us who knew better snickered!

And you're wrong about "dragging this up again"; John will always be a topic because the effluvia he left behind will always trigger memories, good and bad.

So you befriended him and you probably think he's a nice guy. You're not necessarily wrong. But he is a weird person and that makes a more indelible image. The things that came out of his mouth or more correctly, from his computer, made the more intelligent among us just break up in laughter because of their idiotness.

Originally posted by zorgon
Can you imagine what it would be like around here if all we had was people like YOU who contributed nothing of value to any thread?

And why are you dragging this up again anyway? He's been gone from here over a year now... Is your life that empty?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Learhoag

I see plenty in the lunar orbiter photos of the moon surface that John Lear pointed out. As do many others.

One should ask the question of oneself why they are on a conspiracy site in the 1st place when one is so determined to do no other than discredit someone else who has a greater understanding of how 'they' work.

Perhaps if you scan the endless threads on these lunar images properly and do the effort to collect each image and then study them, or better yet goto the NASA site to view the hi-res images.

I myself have found artifacts or ruins on a few without even trying. And no it's not a case of "oh I want to believe". It is a case of "what the heck is that!?"

wZn

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You and others may "see" "...plenty in the lunar orbiter photos of the moon surface that John Lear pointed out." but in reality what you are seeing is in YOUR imagination as you've convinced. I was one of the first outspoken critics of such claims dating back to the early 1980s and my evidence is my letters as published in FATE magazine. I also challenged Fred Steckling's claims as made in his book "WE DISCOVERED ALIEN BASES ON THE MOON" on a radio program "OPEN MIND" with host Bill Jenkins. The amount of research I've done into these lunar anomalies/structures claims would blow your mind. I've yet to see one example of something real as claimed. It's always in the imagination and the desire to see recognizable shapes where only shapes exist; known as pareidolia.

I didn't publish my research because I thought it was going to be a passing fad. But humans have become dumber as time went by and now there's an industry where people such as Steckling (now the son, Glenn), Hoagland, Bara, and a host of "personalities" earn a good living from the gullible. And quite a number of websites devoted to this baloney where the addicts get their fixes!

You haven't realy "found" artifacts and ruins on NASA photos, because their resolution do not allow you to see anything with enough detail to make a definite call. There are individuals who colorize parts of the surface of NASA photos because they're caught up in pareidolia and do not recognize it. In my apartment building's marble lobby are faces, animals, etc. And they're more "real" than anything anyone has pointed out in NASA photos including John Lear and Richard Hoagland.

While I am replying to your reply, I'm including below one of John Lear's more ridiculous claims for all to see. John may "believe" but beliefs are a product of the mind. They are not "out there."
--------------------------

[reply posted on 27-12-2006 @ 01:40 PM by undo
John believes that this ship in the Tsiolkovski crater is the Electromagnetic Vehicle mentioned by Norm Bergrun in his book "The Ringmakers of Saturn" that placed the moon in orbit around the earth thousands of years ago. It has been parked in Tsiolkovski ever since waiting for the next move."

Disclaimer: I don't agree with john on this. i think it's something else, but i dunno what. He asked me to post it for him.

here it is again:
thestargates.com...

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

I see plenty in the lunar orbiter photos of the moon surface that John Lear pointed out. As do many others.

One should ask the question of oneself why they are on a conspiracy site in the 1st place when one is so determined to do no other than discredit someone else who has a greater understanding of how 'they' work.

Perhaps if you scan the endless threads on these lunar images properly and do the effort to collect each image and then study them, or better yet goto the NASA site to view the hi-res images.

I myself have found artifacts or ruins on a few without even trying. And no it's not a case of "oh I want to believe". It is a case of "what the heck is that!?"

wZn

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

No.

Hang on - you can not know what I see. Period. And I have stated what I have seen in some of these 'official' photos. You can go on as much as you want about what ever you want, this will NOT change the fact I do see them.

wZn

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Zorgon, I ain't dragging this up again, check the post dates and get your facts right. Oh right your a buddy of John Lear, you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face.

I have no time for John Lear and his mad illogical disinfo, but he joined in a Billy Meier thread and was pushing his support of Michael Horn and the case. It was here that he said he was leaving for his gold mine, yet he continued to post.

BTW I never saw anything in those moon pics either. Care to point out a few things?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

BTW I never saw anything in those moon pics either. Care to point out a few things?

No sorry... my name is not Jesus... I have no magic ability to bring sight to the blind...

Enjoy your bliss...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Enjoy your bliss...

Let it be known.. Those of us who admire and respect John Lear, have the same level of respect for you as well Zorgon!

Your a good friend to John, and you need not be bothered but such people like Aspie.
Those of us who are here can see what needs to be seen.
And those of us with a real passion for such things know the bottom line.
Thus you do not need to dirty your hands, or youself with people like this.

They will only say hurtful things to get a rise out of you..

You are one of the good guys on here.. And those in know.. Already know this! And we all thank you for all the work you have done on here, and your research.. Just note, WE do care, and we are listening!

So you guys keep up the good work! And don't ever stop what you are doing! For our sake!

And those who enjoy steak.. Let them eat steak..

Those of us here are still listening.. with open eyes, ears, and hearts!
I'd be the frist to draw my sword to defend a friend.. So know you have friends here that will defend you aswell.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
He is ex CIA no?

Yup and Congress has removed the gag order...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No sorry... my name is not Jesus... I have no magic ability to bring sight to the blind...

Enjoy your bliss...

What a classic cop-out! Aspie didn't ask you for a miracle; he simply asked you to put your money where your mouth is. And to fall back on a mythical construct that is not possible of performing miracles...

Like I've said, I've been a lunar anomalist since the early '80s and I've never seen a credible anomaly or structure on the Moon. I've looked at thousands of NASA photos and the claims do not stand scrutiny. Whatever is pointed by Steckling, Hoagland, Lear, et al, always turns out to be a natural feature or a photo glitch.

My collection of NASA photographic journals include the big and heavy "LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON" and it contains hundreds of poster-size black and white, high resolution photos. As you may know, the photos of this ATLAS are available online but, unfortunately, they do not deliver the quality and clarity and high resolution of the printed page.

So, for example if I showed you what looks like a giant "scythe" in a crater, would you accept it as a real "alien" scythe? If I showed you a perfect pyramid on the Moon, would you accept it as a real "alien" pyramid a la Hoagland's Mars pyramids? If I showed you what looks like a UFO entrance on the Moon with one UFO partially in the opening and another one right behind possibly trying to beat the Lunar Orbiter from photographing them, would you accept them as real UFOs running for cover?

If you do accept the above, then please visit my building's lobby and I'll point out a "real" face, a "real" rock lobster, a "real" profile, a "real" man in a white rabbit suit, a "real" jaguar's face, a "real" surfer, etc.

Man, it's all in the mind! Do you really think that if there were aliens afoot, they would build structures that would be recognized by humans, on the earth-facing side yet?

I've seen videos of UFOs fleeting over the surface of the moon and I was the first one to show, frame-by-frame lights being emitted from a crater. But I still say no one can see anything abnormal on NASA photos.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I believ that Mr Lear is one of the most credible and sane people i have ever examined in this field, does he like attention of course perhaps more than most of us. Who does not like attention? He is a very wise old man and has much to contribute and should be respected. Do i believe his UFO's and the things he has been involved in , well he seems honest and i will say yes i do believe him.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Enjoy your bliss...

You're not the messiah, you're just a naughty boy.

I'm starting to think some of these skeptics/debunkers are programmed bots that run artificially. The persistence of them repeating the same thing over and over is admirable at the best.

Keep up the great work zorgonia, we all look forward to more from the archives you obviously are holding back on
*prompt* C'mon tell Leary to give you some more stuff for us to masticate over mate!

Rock on.

wZn

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Zorgon has it right, I'd say.

In my first postings with John Lear, he let fly with his famous irascible attitude, and called me an ignorant f. Well, I was no fan after that, I assure you all (I have a very bad response to insults). We fought heartily, blow by blow, as it goes. I inadvertently, in the course of arguing ideas with JL, came across some of his source material, which I'd readily trusted more than a planetfull of regular humanity (greedy, ignorant buggers, the most of them).

It started opening my mind, and thanks to John, I began researching into areas I'd largely ignored. But that wasn't all: along comes a downpouring from my Higher Soulself: an Ether-ic communication in full geometric symbols & visuals, which also communicated the meanings to me clearly: it spoke of and about the Moon. Yes, it's inhabited, is all I will relate of that, because 'ether-ical' knowledge isn't accepted by the brilliant concrete materialists of society in general, & ATS in particular (deny what?).

Putting these two together, I realized that John Lear had the inner (ether-ic) awareness, and was obviously showing mankind things it wasn't prepared for yet. That's a fact. So, while none but myself went through this, I have turned 180 degrees, and recognize JL for what he is: a gifted person who cares about humanity, and one who has helped advance many in their own expansion of consciousness, and their understanding of existence itself. Sure, he enjoys a little color: how else to communicate to the childlike mind of most of humanity (spiritually speaking)? His insights are astounding; the mysteries of the universe are well beyond the process of ratiocination.

So, Thanks, John Lear, and Zorgon. You two have striven and given in the field of human awareness, increasing our overall inner perception.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Surely the point here is statistical? It really doesn't matter if everything JL posted was hogwash or not. What matters is that if even 0.00001% of it was true.... then we have ourselves an astonishing revelation.

I've yet to see anywhere on these boards anyone able to dismiss categorically and without any doubt at all everything that JL said or believes. Beyond that, it really is a judgement call. At the very least he should be given credit for having attracted attention to topics that may otherwise not have been discussed.

I write as one who rather lost faith in JL following the circumstances surrounding his departure from the boards. But I have a healthy respect for him if only because he was the one who brought me to ATS in the first place, and I've got a lot out of it. It's sobering to see how people's memory of him has changed since he's gone. I don't recall any instance of his saying "this is the absolute truth and thou shalt believe".

My suspicion would be that a lot of people would do better to work out ways to think properly for themselves, rather than lambast those they believe have misled them.

LW

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join