It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe John Lears stories?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
Your comparing a book thats 37 years old to a book thats over 5,000 years old?
Not to mention that your 37 year old book has no relevance, It's fiction.

This is what I mean by people not doing there own research.
Just Ignorance here thats all! Like I said believe what you want.

Yes I'm comparing one fictional story to another fictional story.
You are absolutely correct.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I find a lot of what John says to be very hard to believe. Time and time again however, the people around him doing good research, IMO - find compelling leads and evidence which point towards him being right. Granted this is not a constant and not even a high % but I've found myself surprised many times.

It's easy to disbelieve and over time I've found the truth can be very, very hard to find and is often far from what I thought it was. I don't think John is spouting BS for fun or to hear himself talk. I believe he has contacts who sometimes give him good info and sometimes give him bad. Only time, research and investigation will determine the truth of it. If people feel better disregarding what he says then so be it. At least he's honest enough to say he could be and often is, wrong.

I can't fault the man for that.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdog36

I'm not sure who your trying to impress, but I don't think billions of people around the world would believe you that a 5,000 year old book is fictional.

Yet you claim to be "Aware"? What are you aware of?
That there is no God?
Jesus never walked the Earth?
Theres no such things as Angels?
No such persons as Enoch, Noah, Moses, Adam & Eve...

I think billions of people will have a hard time believing anything you say as fact. Knowledge is power and lack of knowledge is just ignorance.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by SpaceBits]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

Not trying to impress anyone at all. My apologies if you have been offended in some way.
I would certainly like to see the proof that there is a God, Jesus walked the Earth, there are such things as angles, Noah, Moses etc.. were real.
Perhaps you could assist and enlighten me with some peer reviewed, scientific data on this?
Since billions know the truth, that evidence should be very abundant. Thank you for the assistance with locating it.

Back on topic..
I agree with others that JL is entertaining, and a good story teller. But the stuff he was spewing about 9/11 & holograms threw out all credibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
For the Record................ MOST of "whisleblowers" wether ya agree its the truth or NOT!, have been coming from U.S. Nevada area's...
Coincidence?
LOTS of different types of operational facilities that encomber activities in different "OPS"..
There's NO WAY Mr. Lear, Mr Hoagland, former astronaunts and others...
are ALL wrong about ALL their hypothosis.....
To
be "struck"from the public record based on lunacy and no credibility sounds scarier about disinfo then ANYTHING any of them want to prove.

Im not an alarmist,paranoid ,uneducated,or buying futures of corn.
K Maybe I am stupid if I dont but corn futures..Good Point

To be a realist in denial would be STOOPID!!
K Who knows what? ATS helps me decide

Got something better?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
reply to post by bigdog36

I'm not sure who your trying to impress, but I don't think billions of people around the world would believe you that a 5,000 year old book is fictional.

Yet you claim to be "Aware"? What are you aware of?
That there is no God?
Jesus never walked the Earth?
Theres no such things as Angels?
No such persons as Enoch, Noah, Moses, Adam & Eve...

I think billions of people will have a hard time believing anything you say as fact. Knowledge is power and lack of knowledge is just ignorance.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by SpaceBits]

Most of the worlds population used to believe the Earth was flat.
Anyway, I think most modernday belief is based on the "believe in me or i'll tortorture you" threat.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

He told me there were people living on Venus. I asked him what proof he had of this and he said he remote viewed it.
Wrong answer.
You can't back up a theory with another questionable theory. He seems to do this alot.

The way I discovered john Lear was after a very vivid dream. I was on what I thought was Venus, didn't get told, just knew it was. I was on a balcony (carved stone) overlooking a bay, the water was green (bay and the sea/ocean) which in turn made the sky green. I spoke to a few people before I was attacked and I woke up. Now, this may have been just a dream, thats fine, but the fact that the 'dream' led me to a thread by John Lear and was a crucial step I took to start my journey for answers, I don't regret it one bit.

Alot of John's theories are crazy, but that makes them no less true, the main reason that they are considered crazy is because how far against the norm they go, and where did this norm come from? social instillation in my view.

So, yes I believe in Mr. Lear but you don't even have to believe him, just accept that it is in the realm of possibilities and you'll be fine!! or you could just go on saying how it's a load of bollocks and you won't believe him until he takes you to venus, swimming, that should help with personal growth too.

thanks. EMM

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

I'm guessing your one of those logical guys, only believe what's 'proven' or acceptd by MSM, well, let's try this.

Main stream science claims that the sun is a nuclear furnace and that any planet closer than ours to it would be a molten pit, well...

findarticles.com...

Ice caps on mercury, just remember, we don't know everything, even if we think we do. The very fact that you haven't been to the moon to see the 'soul catcher' and yet your talking about it's non existence or fabrication so absolutely is, in my eyes, very ignorant to the fact that it could be there and there is no way for you to know.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdog36
reply to post by SpaceBits

Not trying to impress anyone at all. My apologies if you have been offended in some way.
I would certainly like to see the proof that there is a God, Jesus walked the Earth, there are such things as angles, Noah, Moses etc.. were real.
Perhaps you could assist and enlighten me with some peer reviewed, scientific data on this?
Since billions know the truth, that evidence should be very abundant. Thank you for the assistance with locating it.

Back on topic..
I agree with others that JL is entertaining, and a good story teller. But the stuff he was spewing about 9/11 & holograms threw out all credibility.

I don't think that anyone who believes in the Bible and its teachings feels the need to provide you with proof just because you don't believe. Let me turn it round. Can you prove to all the readers and believers in the Bible that it is all baloney and none of it is true? No, of course you can't.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to FAITH!

[edit on 14-6-2008 by VISITING]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Really, a beautifully written post, and I agree with you completely. I've had the same thoughts of John's motives in relation to his past--you never retire from the Agency, everyone says--and suspect this has a something to do with his promoting his most extreme ideas, along with the attention and controversy it brought. I guess the only point in which we differ is my unwillingness to condemn him as many do, as I see so much craziness--much of it that makes John's own ideas look relatively plausible in comparison--and the belief that we should be our own judges and not impose our views on others.

I think this world is richer and much more remarkable than the shrink-wrapped, industrialized, mediatised, advertised, and sanitized version we've accepted as "reality," and its quite clear John believes this quite strongly. I don't know if it was fantasy, daydreaming, a simple will to believe, that led him to the wildest ideas, or if that deep belief was eventually corrupted for "darker" ends. I suspect in some part yes, but I can't prove it and I don't like witch hunts, so in the end it's a draw. And in the end, he provoked and still provokes thoughtful discussion, so good comes from his tales as well. Pretty much a perfect mirror of this site and the whole world of CT, in the end as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The guy was strange and made claims that were ridiculously hard to prove or even find evidence for. John Lear went OTT and made dozen of threads in his section (more then any other conspiracy master); then would randomly turn up in another thread and say something irrelevant about the points being raised.

Lets not forget, he attacked ATS management on Open Minds Forum and posted an open letter over there too (abit low?)

So, any respect I had for him was lost after those pointless and repugnant remarks on another forum. And the respect was limited for him.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I really dunno about this John Lear, according to Cliff Stone who I believe is 100% truthful Lear isnt talking rubbish. But some of it is really too much.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Much of what JL says is in the book of Enoch, which is over 5,000 years old and majority of bibles are based around it. But if you believe you evolved from a rock then almost everything is impossible. With God, nothing is impossible.

Can this all be fairy tails as one poster said, or is there more to JL's claims than most people would like to admit to? It seem only those who think they evolved from a rock think JL is insane, which should tell you something....

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In the late William Coopers book, Behold a Pale Horse, he basically said john screwed him over and was possibly a government agent. Bill Cooper is dead and John Lear is not, why? Bill also said the same thing about Stanton Friedman. Listen to John on an old coast to coast show, you know the ones before Art Bell became compromised.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes i do believe in john lears stories, such as breathable atmosphere on the moon and so on. Also im guessing if there are aliens on the moon, they are breathing some kind of air at least and not walking around there with masks but thats got nothing to do with it, just something to add

however, i dont believe in everything he says such as the soul-catcher on the moon and so on, however that doesnt mean john lear is a liar, he himself might believe in this theory and want to share with us what he "knows" and so on...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I also believe the moon breathable atmosphere theory to be indeed true , think about it, if this was told then the demand for moon projects would be well out of the goverments budget. Has anyone thought maybe the world cant financially afford Disclosure ???

As far as Lears Dream catcher on the moon or whatever, it does nothing for his credibility, its more than likely the product of some kind of chinese whispers.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Think how cold it is at the North & South Poles. Think how hot it is at the Equator! Yeah! OK, how could there be people on Venus? It would be so bloody hot, you'd be toast, literally!

Sorry, but John Lear spouts a bit of BS..!!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Yea that is where I stop reading, I can digest the moon stuff to an extent but then i draw a line.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ill look into any theories and ideas AFTER the war on terrorism is over.There will be no real peace in the world until AL QAEDA and there allies are destroyed and do not threaten peace of innocent civilians.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join