It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 84 - Stewart Swerdlow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ATS MIX:

Stewart Swerdlow - ATS MIX Show 84

In this Episode, Stewart Swerdlow answers questions from The ATS Members. We have International UFO Sightings. The Skeptic Overlord gives his thoughts on the most viewed and hottest threads on ATS. Finally, Dave goes out in the field to speak with a Commercial Trucker to see how the price of Diesel is affecting his job and future.

CLICK HERE To Visit Stewart Swerdlow’s Home Page

Trucker’s Are MAD AS HELL!

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG This Mutha!

length: 90:00
file: atsmix_2955.mp3
size: 31643k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 9/19/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi Dave and Johnny.

Great interview as usual.

It was nice to here a little of what goes on behind the scenes at ATS as well.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Skeptic O. says "go ahead and double your salary".

I say "Triple it!". You deserve it.

-ProjectPhyrePhly-

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That was real interesting listening to that program enjoyed it very much so, interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A very good programme with Stewart Swerdlow. I wish there had been more substantive conversation with him and a little less silliness, but nonetheless an enjoyable bit.

The shows with Jesse Ventura and Char King were the two best you have done.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'll never be able to think about photography the same way again after that bit with Bill and the "tripod". I'm sorry, but that was one of the funnier bits I've heard you guys do.

LOVED IT guys!! Priceless!!!

TheBorg

[Edited to add comment.]

Edit 2: SO, I know that you said that you didn't have a sock-puppet, but I couldn't help but remember seeing this member profile some time ago.

Are ya SURE about no sock puppet Boss???

The sign-up date was 6/28/02, the same day as a Mark joined as well. Both have 0 posts, and Mark's member number is 14, while Bill's is 15.

Just makin' observations Boss...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Thanks. This was a lighter interview because our more in depth show was ATS MIX Show 64 (Click Here). We found out in the first one on and off air that Stewart has a marvelous sense of humor. Most of our guests keep us informed on what they are doing new, and we knew that Stewart and Janet were making these special trips and thought the members and guests would like to know about them. We also didn't have enough time in the first one to ask many member questions.... so this was an opportunity to involve the membership a bit more.

As the fans of the show will tell you..... we start the show with a certain agenda but depending on the guest, we allow the "ship" to follow its own path.

Thanks for your interest and your observations. Listen to 64, you will enjoy that.

Dave

[edit on 6/14/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Congrats on a great show! I was thrilled to hear Stewart answer my questions and then some. I thought it was an awesome show and very entertaining.
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary !
You guys rock !

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenFletcher

Steven....

We invite guests to come on our show to express their opinions to the membership of ATS. Graham Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, Jesse Ventura and others. No one has a problem if someone has a different one from our guests, but slamming a guest will not be tolerated. The difference between Johnny and I and you is that we respect people and respect their right to believe what they want. It is up to the intelligent community of ATS to make up their own minds. If you want mainstream media.... ATS MIX is definitely not for you.

Additionally, our show is not for everyone and we understand that. Over the year, we have built up over 23 million subscribers that do enjoy the show, so what we do is for them and the several hundred new ones that subscribe each and every day.

Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yes, Swerdlow as always, picks the adjectives, rather than sources- my admirations! Anyways, Johnny and Dave (sorry if mistaken the names) thanks for the amusable program!
May I ask one question though, when somebody, who obviously doesn't know, or has an even slightest idea of an issue, yet goes into the problem, and comes out with radical and undisputed conclusion! How do you call that?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fisk

Johnny and I have interviewed lots of guests. I can think of maybe one or two that were really out there. What you and the members need to realize, it is not Johnny's and my mission to play the mainstream media game of "Meet The Press" with our guests. As I said in an earlier post, we give the guest an opportunity to present their case to our listeners and members and then it is the members who must decide the merits of the points.

I learned a long time ago that debating things that cannot be proven either way beyond a shadow of a doubt only leaves personal opinion. Those who have suffered or have first hand knowledge that tell their stories, again, is subject to debate. Personally, I lost my faith in taking everything as "Gospel" a long time ago and now much prefer to have an open mind to all things.

An attorney friend of mine once told me something that has stuck with me to this day..... If you don't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears.... it is hearsay. I hope that clarifies how I approach things. As I said, I respect all of our guests and their opinions and positions, it is up to the membership to form their own opinions.

Thanks for your comments.

Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Thanks for your interest and your observations. Listen to 64, you will enjoy that.

I did enjoy No. 64 very much -- another extremely well done show. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

I wonder if you will be interviewing anyone about the possibility that all of the Reno earthquakes are indicating a volcanic eruption in the offing. Maybe Stan Deyo again? The swarms of earthquakes in Reno and off of Oregon are a great concern to me as well as the recent bigger quakes associated with the New Madrid fault.

I also just need to say again how much I enjoyed the Charlotte King interview -- not only was she an excellent guest but both of you were at the top of your form.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thanks Pell..... it is members like you who drive Johnny and I to make the interviews and shows as entertaining as possible instead of putting folks asleep with facts and figures. Without exception, and this includes MacLaine, Ventura, Hancock, Spiner and the rest..... we always get the nicest e-mails from them and/or their publicist telling us it was one of the most enjoyable experiences they have ever had with an interview. We do our interviews as if it is Johnny, I and the guest.... sitting in their living room and just chatting like old friends. It is a formula we started over a year ago with and still insist on and maintain to this day. The guests love it and the members of ATS are the ones that reap the benefits of the guest letting their guard down with us and just being themselves. We had a butt load of U2U and E-Mail from mainstream media types that told us our Ventura interview was the most candid they had ever heard Ventura be, and he was interviewed by Larry King and other hard hitters.

Thanks again for your support.......

Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
A very good programme with Stewart Swerdlow. I wish there had been more substantive conversation with him and a little less silliness, but nonetheless an enjoyable bit.

We all wish that. Pardon my critique of your guy's excellent show, but it seems opposite to the discussions that are going on within the bulletin boards you guys claim to represent. In the bulletin boards we are not afraid to ask the tough question, attempt to answer them, and generally get down to a little more of the meat rather than the egg shells you guys seem to tread lightly on. And I think is sucks, your show has so much potential if it were not for the softball questions and all around silliness that takes place during interviews. When you guys even accidentally touch on a "sensitive" part of a subject one of you crack a joke and then move on.

This site is all about serious discussions concerning sensitive subjects, and it upsets many of us that a show derived from these very bulletin boards, your more interested in softballs and levity than discussing the very thing that gives your show an audience: questions that get to the crux of a discussion.

Please, give us more credit than that, we can take a little more seriousness and REAL questions being put to your guests...were not all children here.

Other than that, you still seem to have an issue with the volume levels between Dave/Johnny and the guest on the phone. I (as well as many others) find myself toggling the volume constantly during the conversation in order to here your guests and not be blown away by the mic'ed show talent.

Take it in stride, but know that my concerns are probably represent a decent segment of the unvoiced majority that listen to your show on a regular basis.

And yes, I know that your show is for entertainment purposes, and as such needs to be lightened up for the masses, and I'm saying you could still be just as entertaining but keep the level of maturity and sophistication up a bit.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Always appreciate insightful comments from you.
This particular show was never intended to be hard hitting but was more fluff as Stewart and Janet were getting ready to go overseas on their excursion and we had an opening and window of opportunity. As we had interviewed Stewart before on 64. A lot of things are dictated by how he himself approached the interview. Another thing that also happens, what the members hear is the interview itself, not the off air conversation that happens before which really sets the stage and tempo of what we are going to record and put on the air. A perfect example is Willie Rodriguez, The Last Man Out of the Twin Towers on 911. With the exception of one or two small bits of humor, the entire interview of almost 2 hours was a roller coaster of emotions for both Johnny and I.

A lot of people who are not members and have come to ATS have come because we try NOT to make the interviews so stuffy but, as we have said since day 1, try to take heavy subjects..... add a bit of humor to it so it is not so matter of factual.... and hope to blend a nice combination of the two. The overwhelming majority of the ATS MIX Shows... Graham Hancock, Stanton Friedman, Jesse Ventura, Brent Spiner, Dr. Jesse Marcel, Jr., Shirley MacLaine, etc., were prime examples of factual, informative, yet fun interviews with guests.

I completely understand about the heavy members wanting heavy interviews of what we have on the boards...... however, our mission is to bring new people to our home with the goal to get them here, let them look around at what we have to offer and hopefully stay around permanently. Considering that the ATS MIX Show has amassed a 23 million subscriber fan base in a year, we must be meeting that mission to a degree. The Jesse Ventura Interview and traffic alone was close to an ATS record of most downloaded shows and pushed the envelope drastically of the ATS Servers.

Like I said.... always appreciate your comments and those of other members whose topics and threads we try to expose to the world that, right now, doesn't know we all exist.

Not every attempt is going to be a Home Run, but I can assure you it is not because we aren't giving it a 200% try each and every time.

Thanks again.....

Dave

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
More than adequate response, and thank you for replying. I understand what you are trying to do, and glad I don't have to worry about the balance of entertainment and recruitment that you guys do with everything you say. I understand the line that you have to walk. Maybe in the future you could take on some hard core topics with some hard core interviews designed just for existing ATS membership? Not everything you do should be done with the notion of potential members in mind. Once here, many of us would like to hear subjects fleshed out beyond the back and forth on the boards that we post on everyday.

Its just not about getting new members and entertaining the diluted masses, it should also be about catering to the very membership that gave you the opportunity you currently have. Keep throwing softballs and watering down our discussion to make the subject more palatable for the unmeasurable "civilian" component and you risk losing both audiences. And between you and me, the audience I would look to satisfy is us. We are the ones that have the ability to keep those that hear your show and stop by our boards interested and engaged. The boards are a daily thing people that get interested partake in, whether they were drawn in by your show or not, but if we feel we are being represented by a bunch of cream puff we will post less and less, then you will be left catering to the diluted masses and bunch of GLP wannabe nutjobs here on ATS. Neither on of those will guarantee a PROFITABLE en devour on your part.

Its just no about hanging sign on the storefront to get people to come inside, there has to be the engaging and demanded product in the store for people to keep coming back. Your target audience is not the type that will hang around if there is nothing but fluff. Keep that in mind as you continue to grow your show and advertise for ATS.

That being said, your shows are very entertaining, and by far greater than anything else that deals with the topic on regular radio.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Again, thanks for the comments and points duly noted.

Dave

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
And between you and me, the audience I would look to satisfy is us. We are the ones that have the ability to keep those that hear your show and stop by our boards interested and engaged.

And we couldn't agree more... The reason for our interviewing certain people are because members have either posted, U2U'd or emailed us with request for particular guests. Not all guests will be everyones cup of tea, but we hope you understand that not everyone has the same taste or likes the same flavor of tea...

Johnny

new topics

top topics

join