It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Two straight days of GOP obstructionism.»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

VIDEO: Two straight days of GOP obstructionism.»

thinkprogress.org

Senate conservatives deployed obscure parliamentary maneuvers to interrupt two Senate Judiciary Committee hearings this week, one on torture and one on consumer and worker protections. American News Project happened to be filming both hearings, and caught the disruptions on tape. Watch it:

With his hearing cut off short, a witness in Wednesday’s hearing quipped: “The era of good feeling hasn’t yet begun.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thinkprogress.org
thinkprogress.org

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Senate Conservatives Uses Rare Maneuver To Try To Close Down A Hearing On Torture

Senate conservatives repeat obscure objection to block another Judiciary hearing

Just thought sharing this as it is such a beautiful example of how our political machine operates and the sheds light on the validity of many of our preconceived notions regarding its operation.

Enjoy.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This just shows how entirely corrupt and BROKEN our entire system of government is...This has gotten so far beyond pathetic it's nauseating. Nothing but a bunch of crooks and criminals who make a mockery out of our laws and constitution.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It is sad that the Republican Senator is left unnamed and that it has come to this. I can not fathom that some Senators are not only feeling the need to address this with legislation to change this type of tactic from their rulebook, and that they leave feeling tortured themselves. Will this trigger action? I doubt it. After a few cocktails, things will return to the same zombie-like Senate we have become accustomed to under the Bush Regime. Is there more flhoride
in the water supply in the Senate Chambers than the typical mesmerizing supply we all enjoy?

Excuse me while I retire and vomit.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have to ask why posting from a known DNC propaganda network qualifies for alternative news - its just DNC propaganda.

Interesting that thinkprogress only tells about GOP obstruction, but ignores other things like how every single Democrat in Congress voted against allowing a debate on George Bush's impeachment articles, and all votes for hearing the debate came from Republicans. I sniff...Democrat obstruction, on an issue that supposedly they feel strongly about and that their rabid Bush hating supporters would riot over if they were consistent.

As a libertarian, I think its all quite funny. Obstruction everywhere, but people are too busy embracing their narrow ideology to only look at the other side.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Im sorry but i just dont see it.GWB may well be remembered as a patriot of the United states of America.Along with good ole John Mccain!Both these men love america and thats a fact!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I have an idea mate, post some of the democratic obstruction crap rather than just sharing your opinions.

I am sorry it bothers you, the source and all, you still can not deny the content.

Attack the information and I will listen, attack the source and other people to deflect due criticism and I will simply have to ignore your replys.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They alllllllll obstruct and they do this to each other because they all have the same agenda. There is no 2 party system. It is one party in the disguise of 2 party. Its a mafia or can even better be called a dictatorship. Nothing will get done no matter if Obama or McCain is elected they are all bought and paid for. They both want their versions of big government and high taxes. Obama who will raise the taxes directly and McCain who will make you pay via the inflation tax.

new topics

top topics

join