It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiderman 3, The Hobbit, and a new Batman?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just saw a quickie story...

The Hobbit: Peter Jackson is trying to make this, but New Line has the rights, and MGM has distribution rights...the lawyers are hammering it out...

Spiderman 3: Seems to be in the negotiation stage...

Batman Beginnings: Seems to be a prequel showing how he became the caped crusader....(good idea, bout time)....some guy I never heard of will be playing him....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just as long as gay boy Schumaker doesn't direct.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Why not throw out some other slur?
I know, let's just call Spike Lee the "N" word...

Nice form Colonel.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Batman Begins;
Christian Bale(American Psycho) as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Micheal Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane, Katie Holmes as Rachel, Liam Neeson as Henri Ducard, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Ken Watanabe(The Last Samauri) as Ra's Al Ghul

Synopsis: "As a young boy, Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of him--a trauma that leads him to become obsessed with revenge. But the opportunity to avenge his parent's deaths is cruelly taken away from him by fate. Fleeing to the East, where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, Bruce returns to his now decaying Gotham City, which is overrun by organized crime and other dangerous individuals manipulating the system. Meanwhile, Bruce is slowly being swindled out of Wayne Industries, the company he inherited. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, along with a prototype armored suit, leads him to assume a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong; he becomes Batman!!! In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party that is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right."

Spiderman 3: Rumors are all over the place for this one. It's been said that it's going to be the "Maximum Carnage" story line. Kevin Bacon has been mentioned for the role of Eddie Brock/Venom, and Sam Rockwell as Cleutes Cassidy/Carnage.

Courtisy of www.efavata.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Nice form Colonel.

I don't think he was referring to his actual sexual preference. I think he was trying to convey his disgust with what Shumaker did to the Batman series with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Nice form Colonel.

I don't think he was referring to his actual sexual preference. I think he was trying to convey his disgust with what Shumaker did to the Batman series with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Fine. Than my use of the "N" word would not be racial in trying to refer to Spike Lee...just my disgust at his directorial skills.

My comment stands.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, yeah I agree there, Schumaker pretty much killed the franchise....(neon blacklight makeup, plastic ice that wiggled, muppet plants?) WTF was this guy on?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, yeah I agree there, Schumaker pretty much killed the franchise....(neon blacklight makeup, plastic ice that wiggled, muppet plants?) WTF was this guy on?

I don't know but, I want some.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I like it when Mods argue. Yes Batman is crap. Keaton was the best.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

So agree with you Gaz...
I would like to see someone ressurect the whole thing the right way. Definatly. The previews for Spiderman 2 look pretty good to me.

As for Batman, I think it is Christian Bale. Check out the movie Equilibrium (on DVD or Video now). Very Blade Runner, Matrix, and Logan's Run all in one.
Stars Christian Bale and Sean Bean (LoTR, Ronin)
Great movie!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Nice form Colonel.

It was on point. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin had so many homosexual allusions that I had to wonder if Schumaker was gay---from the "nipples" on the uniform to the driving on the muscular nude statues all throughout the city.

But, you just wanted an excuse to say the "N" word so don't give me your crap.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You're cracking me up...nipples on the uniforms,

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yuknow what I'm saying. What the hell was that about? And why the focus on their butts & abs when they got in their Batman & Robin suit? What was the director thinking at THIS time?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, batman and robin are the ambigiously gay duo.....oh, that's ace and gary....sorry

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They really need to put Ace and Gary on DVD...every single one of those cracked my up.... I never laughed so hard in my life!!!

"What are you looking at?"
"Nothing!" *in unison*

Ace: "Come, lifetime companion..." *pats Gary on his ass*

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The one that I hope gets done the most would have to be the hobbit. The hobbit is better in some aspects than the Lord of the Rings.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes, definately funny stuff. My favorite was the one with Santa.....rolling on the floor laughing so hard on that one. Actually the bar I frequent plays clips from ace and gary all the time. I bet you could get them from kazaa or something like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And you wonder why I accused you of being a racist?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why're you on my jock? I swear, got suckers on my jock like ants on candy.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are they going to have the same actors for the Hobbit? As in Bilbo, Gollom, and Gandolf.....any others that are in both? Can't think of any right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join