Where is reality?

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I know most people ask what reality is, but, I'm asking more of a different question. Is reality what we see before us in front of us every day or does it exist on some different plane of existence from the one we're in or is reality actually a place that exists only in our minds with our minds creating each day that is set out before us?

Is there a constant to reality? Is reality perceptual or is it just in our head?

What is your belief?

I believe it's more within our minds. I think our mind is distorted so that it shows us this picture of reality, and, that there is something a little more beyond what we presently see.

Who can say where reality is? Will we ever know for certain?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For me it would depend on what you mean by "mind".

Something located behind your forehead?

Or a general non-local awareness?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i don't buy into the "it's all in our mind" theories simply bc when others die, i can testify to the fact that it is all still here. the other theories on reality though are still up for question as far as i am concerned.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When I refer to the mind, yes, I am referring to the place in your head, and, I'm also referring to your general subconscious. What if our subconscious is in a different world entirely and is generating the world for us to see and that the world ties us to it by making our minds connected to it so we can't see the world of our subconscious?

After all, how do we know that our subconsciousness exist within our mind? Are we sure that they don't come from somewhere else only occupying our mind and using our bodies as a vessel? Where is reality, if, reality as we know it, is somewhere else? Would it be within the recesses of our minds... like in our dreams... or in front of us? Could it be that we are from the world of dreams and that we are only here for some reason that cannot be explained through direct observation, and that, dreams are real, and that this is pure fantasy?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Second star to the right. Straight on 'til morning.

Seriously, though, reality is a construct of perception filtered through conciousness. Thus, perception equals reality.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reality is the measure of things permissible within the confines of time and space. If it takes up space, and it takes up time, it is real.

Even an hallucination is real because it takes up time and space, if only in your head.

Just my thoughts on it. It's trite, I know. I just hope someone comes up with something even a little deeper.

new topics
top topics

join