It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The 2012 Conspiracy Is a Load Of...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok first of all we found that on the mayan calender that it is 2012 that the end of the world is going to happen... We actually have no track of time and dates and their "Time" and "Dates" of events could be totally different to ours today. So it could be sometime today. Some time tomorow, 30 years from now.

If anyone here has any proof that i am incorrect and actually have evidence of the calenders being associated with our time and dates today i will happily listen to what any body else has to say about the conspiracies of 2012

(I mean no disrespect, and i am merely presenting my view, this doesn't necessarily mean i am correct)

Ryan

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

répondre à [url = www.abovetopsecret.com... # pid4473969] poste de Ryan Lloyd [/ url] [/ i] [plus]

pourquoi parlez vous de complot???
c'est l'évolution qui est en marche.la colère de la Terre aussi
les Maya peuvent se tromper dans lesd dates mais pas de trente ans de quelques mois au max oct/dec 2013 .

ils avaient prevu leur fin par les espagnols

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

I've tried to calculate how people are arriving at 2012 as the end date of the Mayan calander. I wasn't able to figure it out.

It seems to be another Y2K.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Every culture recognizes years, they just count them in different ways. We have the date as 2012 because we calculated a conversion to our years.

It wasn't so much about the end of the world, as it was about a new era.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It is not a load of bollocks...
The year 2012 is not in the mayan calendar; their date has a different name and it has just been calculated to be 21-12-2012.

Strange enough there are more prophecies with this date or a similar one; I believe the Huichol also have this date and a similar prophecy...
Actually, come to think of it; most ancient cultures have a similar prophecy.

I guess it is just a recurring phenomenon; some kind of big change is happening at different cycles and we are experiencing one of the cycles' completion now. The universe IS a big clock kind of thing; cycles within cycles etcetera.
We are focused on a couple of the least interesting cycles; like years and hours and days (and minutes and seconds even; how boring can you get?).
By focusing on larger cycles, one can get a lot more insight into the workings of the Universe/Nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I would like to start off by saying that no one knows what will happen in 2012 because no one can predict the future. Not the Mayans, not John Titor, not you, not me.

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
Ok first of all we found that on the mayan calender that it is 2012 that the end of the world is going to happen...

This is not necessarily what the Mayan Calender is saying. They're not saying the world is going to end in 2012. They are saying it is the beginning of the 5th cycle. And who knows what this means really.

We actually have no track of time and dates and their "Time" and "Dates" of events could be totally different to ours today. So it could be sometime today. Some time tomorow, 30 years from now.

We do have track of time and dates. Its called clocks and the gregorian calender. And we know how to analyze their time and dates and translate them to our time and dates.

he Mayan calendar consists of many different cycles that work together. These include the long count, the calendar round, the short count, and the 819 day cycle among others. The dating system that doomsday entrepreneurs use is the long count. The long count is made of several cycles that work like an odometer. For Mayan era dates, as well as modern dates, five cycles need to be used. From the largest to the smallest they are -

* B'aktun = 20 k'atun
K'atun = 20 tun
Tun = 18 winal
Winal = 20 k'in
K'in = 1 day

An example of a long count would be 9.15.10.0.0. There a 9 b'aktuns, 15 k'atuns, 10 tuns, and no winals or k'ins.

The long count that is supposed to be the end of the world is 13.0.0.0.0. The day before is 12.19.19.17.19. The main significance of 13.0.0.0.0 is of course the number of zeroes.

However, the long count does not end at that point. There are many cycles beyond the b'aktun that can be used to describe any date. The are several instances of extremely large dates used. Coba Stela 1 has a long count that adds up to 41,943,040,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years. Also, Macanxoc Stela 1 has a long count in the initial series that is 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13 .13.13.13.0.0.0.0. Their is no limit to the long count other than the size of the writing surface used and the patience of the scribe.

Source: www.bautforum.com...

If anyone here has any proof that i am incorrect and actually have evidence of the calenders being associated with our time and dates today i will happily listen to what any body else has to say about the conspiracies of 2012.

No one has concrete proof that that world will "end" in 2012, but I have provided you proof above that their calenders are associated with our time and dates today. This proof actually corroborates your argument though and is helpful to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
many just assume the mayans meant the end of the world but all it really means is the calender starts over. Just like every year we move from December to January in a new year, the one the Mayans are talking about is the cycle that takes roughly 26,000 years. Our axis is lining up with the sun, which in turn is lining up with the solar system's plane, which is also lining up with the center of the galaxy. After 2012 we'll be starting our journey on the opposite side of the galaxy then we currently are. Nothing really to "debunk" as the Mayan calender is definitely based on very real astronomical movements.

Everyone who's yelling doom's day be it from the mayans, grey aliens, nuclear war, revelations, illuminati population control etc is just scared. Yeah things suck right now, but there's a lot of really cool stuff happening too.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I believe your post to have some truth and some not truth.

Yes, the Mayans stated that this is the move to the 5th age/era. A good read right here for anyone on that.

www.mayamysteryschool.com...

In regards to track of time and dates, we would have been better off following the Mayans. Clocks are a manmade invention. The guys who ran the atomic clock in Denver were interviewed and they themselves said their job was a joke because time isn't real.

The gregorian calendar has been manipulated for a long time. I cannot find my link on the calendar hoax. If I can find it, I'll post it but check out the concept, I think you'd be surprised.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah UL, I would be interested in reading that. Can you find it? I will search for it also, but if you can find yours, post it also. Cool! thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have heard somewhere the mayans were more precise in their calander, they didnt have odd years.

So I agree our years and their years could be TOTALLY different and their 2012 could be fifty more years from now. But i also think that we are misreading a lot of things, i just watched a film explaining 2012 and everyone who has predicted it my question is why does everyone stop on 2012? there was this guy who made some graph from the ICHING oracle and he stopped on 2012, didnt go any further than that.

I think that if there is going to be a twenty twelve it will be just as much a beginning as an end.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, I must agree. I for one have no clue what will happen in 2012, and honetly don't want to until then. Yes the world is changing, but for god's sake I would rather live my life to the fullest day to day, I am not worrying about 2012. What ever happens, happens, and we alone can't stop it if it's going to happen. I think it's sad that there are so many people that are drawn into this, think about all the negative energy consuming the world from people that are worried for some "supposed" event to occur in 4 years from now....

top topics

join