It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA gives away $85 million of supplies for Katrina victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

FEMA gives away $85 million of supplies for Katrina victims

www.cnn.com

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- FEMA gave away about $85 million in household goods meant for Hurricane Katrina victims, a CNN investigation has found.

The material, from basic kitchen goods to sleeping necessities, sat in warehouses for two years before the Federal Emergency Management Agency's giveaway to federal and state agencies this year.

James McIntyre, FEMA's acting press secretary, said that FEMA was spending more than $1 million a year to store the material and that another agency wanted the warehouses torn down, so "we needed to vacate them."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just another astonishing failure for FEMA. So many supplies that could have been used by so many people, instead they pay to keep it all locked away in a warehouse. Perhaps even more shocking is the fact that FEMA referred to this event as 'not news' when asked about it by CNN. In other words, 'meh, not a big deal'.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2008 by flybynight]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OMG
omg

I just watched the news link.

I cant BELEIVE THIS ............HOW has our gubmint gotten so bassackards?

This made me cry it really did.
AND I am sick to my stomech.

SHAME ON FEMA! SHAME!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
my big question is why the hell dident they give them to the victims that they were intended for. i mean they were able to get these unfortunate people in to fema trailers with all the fermaldhyde. they were capable of giving them those lil fema cash cards. yet were unable to get them the goods that were slated for them? what thw hell!!, and then to say "this is not news" what a crock.

edited because i had a bad typo

[edit on 6/12/2008 by krill]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ongoing Discussion already HERE.

This thread is closed.

top topics

join