It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cut your f'n lawn!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
earlier i was walking my dog down the street and i happen to notice a yard who's grass was so unbelievbly high, it was disgusting. i just shook my head and thought "why can't these fools cut their damn lawn" it won't be too long before snakes start slither through that

seriously, what's so hard about that. get your lawnmower, start it the
up, and cut that
i don't know it's just kinda pathetic to me that one could become THAT lazy. anyone else agree?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm very lazy when it comes to cutting my lawn. But when I do cut it, it's with a grass whip, so that kind of cancels out the laziness and makes me look pro.. Yup!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well I just came in from running the mower over my lawn. I cut the grass at my building plus another apartment block I look after. But hey, they pay me to do it so I really don't get away with letting it grow.

We have a large church and it's ground across the street that was sold almost a year ago and is slated for development. The new owner had not cut the grass at the property even once this spring so I put a note on the door telling them it looked bad for the neighbourhood. I waited a couple weeks for them to clean up the litter and cut the grass but nothing happened.

My next step was to call city services and report them, and damn if the place wasn't spotlessly clean, grass cut, and gardens weeded within three days.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey LILORDLONGLAWNLOATHER, I hear ya there. I suggest you call the garden police on them, also threaten to get photos to send into the local newspaper, people like that should be put to shame.
So glad I just made a sensible reply, you have no idea what my initial reply was going to be.(would have got me
) hehe.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You should just be nice and cut it for them Lord!

You know you want to!

I have caught myself at peoples houses cleaning their mess alot!

Just jump on your John Deere tractor and mow away, its that easy!

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well maybe you should first check who they are?

They could be old or disabled or do not have the money for a mower,

If so step up and give them a lil hand

I never judge before knowing the full story,

I remember walking past a very wild garden and like you i tutted, Untill i seen a lil old lady who could barely walk with a stick looking out her window,

I waved a few times and one day she came out to say hello, I asked her if she would like me to give her garden a little trim, She was so delighted and said it was something she wished that she could do, and it upset her to see it like that,

It was nice to see her sitting out in it only days later with another old lady,

I went back every few weeks and did it for her,

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Very nice Asala, your a sweetheart!
We need more people like you, in this world!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Indeed Asala is a total sweetheart, and so are you. Of course my reply was made in jest, but people such as the two of you, make the world a nicer place to live.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can't believe you've got a problem with someone elses long grass!

So you are not lovers of nature and freedom then, and think their grass if for you're viewing pleasure and MUST be cut to some regulation, interval or standard?

You expect something that may not be possible perhaps?

I bet you would also complain about a lack of grass in a drought.

Let it grow..high...screw the neigbours.

And snakes! ... ha! sounds like some nice long grass would be a treat after all the manicured man-made environment it's had to suffer.

Sssssssssorry......one word....."anal"

If this is what "bugs" you....wait for reality to throw something really important your way.

This thread says so much!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I waved a few times and one day she came out to say hello, I asked her if she would like me to give her garden a little trim, She was so delighted and said it was something she wished that she could do, and it upset her to see it like that,

I had a neighbor like this also. Our neighborhood was very close. All the neighbors would be out on Saturday morning doing their lawns and other yardwork.

We made up a calendar, and each of us on the street would take a turn cutting the lawn of the elderly lady who lost her husband the year her lawn got overgrown.

It only took and extra 45 minutes or so to get it done, and she greaty appreicated it.

Hardly anybody missed doing their yardwork on Saturdays, as we had one neighbor who would make pitchers of frosty strawberry margaritas every week!

We usually rounded out our Saturday work with a BBQ at either our house or one of the other neighbors.

That's the way neighborhoods should be.

I miss that place!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
lol@you guys. it was just a mere observation that happend to irk me. i don't see what the big deal is about me making a rant about it. oh well *shrugs* later

btw the neighborhood i live in is full of older folks. there's this one woman around here who has to be pushing 80 and she's always out and bout on her riding mower just mowing away.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Stop walkin by my house and
ing about it! Ill get to my damn lawn when I am good and ready and done posting on ATS
neighbors I swear to god annoy the
out of me.

And the next time your dog craps in my lawn I will let loose the
snakes!

dogs! Always craping in my yard
wheres my shovel? Oh right somewhere in amongst the lawn.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

LMAO Your crazy!
*hops on riding mower, drinking beer, cruising by lords house, an does a few 360's in his yard* WooooHoooo!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

HAHA...whooo hoooo!! Just dripping with style my sweet GM..will that thing make it Australia?.. my lawn could use a beer, and i could use a mow...hehe. (the lil blue star was from me cause you made me lol)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Stop walkin by my house and
ing about it! Ill get to my damn lawn when I am good and ready and done posting on ATS
neighbors I swear to god annoy the
out of me.

snakes!

dogs! Always craping in my yard
wheres my shovel? Oh right somewhere in amongst the lawn.

perhaps if you weren't so busy bringing up your ex-wife all the damn time in chat you'd be able to mow that ugly ass lawn of yours

oh yeah given..stay outta my lawn and away from my house. you keep coming around my house your friend would likely follow. then i'd have to beat him up

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
snakes!

Do what I do...I shovel it up WUk, and go down to their yard and return their dogs poo to them. It makes me feel good too

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous

oh yeah given..stay outta my lawn and invest in a caller I.D.

I have caller ID Lordy!
It was blocked!

While your sleeping I'm gonna ride by your house again shooting bottle rockets from my beer bottle! lol

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Originally posted by LordInfamous

oh yeah given..stay outta my lawn and invest in a caller I.D.

I have caller ID Lordy!
It was blocked!

While your sleeping I'm gonna ride by your house again shooting bottle rockets from my beer bottle! lol

and while you're sleeping ain't no telling what's gonna happen..

your friend might be somewhere in your house while you sleep. hell he's probably camped out somewhere in there right now..DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or..is that really something one should laugh at?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

lol, I'm on my way honey with an extra tank of gas strapped on my back!

I might be there in a couple months!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Eeeeek! Thankx Lord thanks! *locks doors and check windows*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join