It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Lucid Dreaming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Great forum. Its funny that I was actually talking about LD in my psychology class the other day. I was surprised there were only 3 out of 30 ppl that actually knew what it was. I was even more surprised by the reaction from my prof. when I told him i achieved LD on my own.

Anywas, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever died in there LDs? I have on several different times. its weird the dreams were I die are more peacefull and relaxing then the others. Like a few people have said I tend to get excited and end up waking up. Except when I am dying/dead. In the death dreams I am 100% more aware and at peace, and often times I choose to wake up more then I am woken up. where as all the others it is often chaotic and full of energy both in bad and good ways though. I am not really scared or worried about these death dreams and often laugh when people try to say if you die in a dream you die in real life.

Any thoughts or comments are defintly welcomed.

Also I guess I should mention when I was younger I had a grandma seziure (sp?) and my brain reach between 105-110 degrees. My father (who was on the response team) told me I died in the ambulance but came back shortly b4 reaching the hospital. Only thing I remeber from the experince is "nothing." Unless you have experince what "nothing" feels like I dont think I could every explain it fully.

I think my death dreams are a product of this premature death, and my way of exploring what happen in that inbetween time. Anyone have any other thoughts?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

I have also died in a LD, I have complete control of all my dreams, so I guess in a way I caused it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the same peaceful experience. actually it freaked me out so bad, I had to make a post of it., to see if anyone thought it could be Prophetic. (I have dreamed of others deaths prior to their passing, a few times before.) You are welcome to take a look if you would like.

I just dreamed my death...?-BelowTopSecret

So I think a dream like this could be different for each person depending on their waking experience.

Kudos for bringing this side of the topic to light.

[edit on 6/22/08 by Cheyracingchick]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheyracingchick

Thanks for the reassurance that I am not the only one that has these death dreams, although I have never had dreams about specific people dieing. When I have my death dreams there are usually alot of people around me and I mean alot thousands if not ten's of thousands of people.

I'm going to try and read your other forum today. If I do i'll try to leave a comment or two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read your other forum. Very interesting to say the least. I wish I new more about dreams so I could offer a better view. Things that caught my attention was the backwards viewpoint, the introduction of people that you haven't seen in a while, and how it all seemed to revolve around power lines. Who knows if any of these actually mean anything but those are what caught my attention.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Let me tell you, this was soooo not entertaining. I was, like, traumatized when I woke up, lol. It was so real that when I woke up, I was mad at the bf.

I don't know how to induce a lucid dream, so I don't do it too-too often, but I've been level 5-ish all my life. I feel stuck. It would be cool to get beyond this point and, idk, have an OOBE or something. I tried the 'silver-cord' method a few times, with no luck.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice. Next one I have, I'll give them a shot. Oh, and I wouldn't feel like a 'cheat'-- shoot, it's my dream, ain't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had a Semi-Lucid dream once before. I realized I was dreaming and can actually control my movements. I tried to summon my powers but nothing happened. Long story short, I ended up being chased by nothing! I was running around my house thinking I was being chased by something that never revealed itself. I got to the point where I was really scared and then woke up.

I want to have a lucid dream, but every time I want one I end up passing out and not have a dream.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlemHottie

A foolproof way to do it (albeit an unpleasant one) is to set your alarm a few times a night so that you can remain semi-aware and re-intend that you want to fly 6-ish.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've managed to get a lucid dream a few times. It just happens when I realise I'm dreaming, usually it's fairly obvious it's a dream, for instance I've long been able to fly in my dreams. Most of the time I became aware it was a dream but kind of forgot that I could change things and just ran with it. Still pretty cool though. At the start when I got them I would wake up the second I realised but I've calmed down now and have tried the trick of rubbing your hands together to help you stay in the dream, and it actually does work, it makes it clearer. I've only once actually changed something, it was a week or two ago and I realised I was dreaming, and actually remembered I could change it. So I thought, what if the sky was sunny instead of gray? And instantly it was. And what if I could fly? Which I did, but of course I can do that in all my dreams anyway. I think the next level for me is to try and make the dreams last a little bit longer, and I have a few ideas like asking people how they feel to be characters in a dream, and exploring space. I don't know whether lucid dreaming is a real sort of astral plane experience or just all in your mind but it's a lot of fun either way.

The main things to induce it are not being too tired, remembering your dreams, and recognising they are dreams. I also find that if I go back to sleep after waking up there is a much higher chance of getting them.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would like to begin by saying "Thank you for bringing this thread up". Now back to business: Before I got too deep or should I say "really conscious about LD and Astral Phenomena" I was having them frequently, I loved the feeling with regards to both phenomena (except at the beginning when I realized I was actually dreaming or experiencing OBE) anywho, ever since I started to pay close attention and reading up on the different experience from around the world and books, this great feeling had diminished to the point of non-existence.

I can't remember the last time I had one of those and it seems the more I try now that I know a whole lot about this phenomena the less likely I experience one.

Is it possible that by knowing a lot about this experiences my brain somewhat voids the urge to be induced? It seems that the more aware I am of what exactly goes on with these experiences the less I become lucid or experience OBE.

Is there a way to reversing what I know to somehow tap into these phenomena all over again? I have tried meditation (which by the way took me a while to "conquer"), brain wave signals (music), music meditation...but the more I try the faster I fall asleep.

Now, here's a question for the experts...based on my long forgotten experiences (lame term but you get the idea) both LD and OBE are pretty much the same thing, it felt the same anyway. Are these two related or am I smoking something good?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eevee
If anyone can help me make sense of it i would be very grateful, please don't suggest i must have been on drugs though, as another poster on another thread did when i posted this dream, thanks.

YOU could make sense of it by going back there and this time not being scared and waking up. That way you will get something deeply meaningful from it. To have others interpret it for you is only second-hand.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Now, here's a question for the experts...based on my long forgotten experiences (lame term but you get the idea) both LD and OBE are pretty much the same thing, it felt the same anyway. Are these two related or am I smoking something good?

Well... As far as your recreational practices... I can not make a judgment.

But I personally think that LD and OBE are Very Different. I am a chronic LD-er *ususally 2 or so remember-able (yay! new word) a night* but have only had one OoBE. I found the OoBe to be very relaxing in nature, while my LDs are almost stressful. (too much control, not enough passive sleep... lol) Regardless I find them both overall enjoyable.

Hope this somehow answers the question.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheyracingchick

But I personally think that LD and OBE are Very Different. I am a chronic LD-er *ususally 2 or so remember-able (yay! new word) a night* but have only had one OoBE. I found the OoBe to be very relaxing in nature, while my LDs are almost stressful. (too much control, not enough passive sleep... lol) Regardless I find them both overall enjoyable.

Can you expand on the differences between LD and OBE ??? Do you not have the same mental control with an OBE ??? It's just I have experienced many lucid dreams and concluded at the time OBE's must be the same ???? And I would really like to put this question out there to anyone else that has experienced both LD's and OBE's ..... Thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I guess that what seems to be an out of body type of dream is not necessarily a lucid dream if someone else initiated it?

I'm assuming possibly extraterrestrial, government, paranormal etc. Typically the closest I come to lucid dreaming is when I wake up in that sleep paralysis and try to move an arm to break out of it. Usually when sleeping on my right side or my arm behind my head.

If a person is an abductee or MKULTRA experiment with implants, than that probably wouldn't be the same as lucidity or self control unless it was interactive?

Some dreams I have I've noticed incorporate the music on cable if I leave it on to go to sleep. I'm wondering about doing this with a computer program to induce certain types of dreams.

I just wanted to make the possible connection to this anyway.

What about hypnosis to induce these types of dreams...I mean by others instead if we aren't capable of doing it on our own.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate

Originally posted by Cheyracingchick

Can you expand on the differences between LD and OBE ??? Do you not have the same mental control with an OBE ??? It's just I have experienced many lucid dreams and concluded at the time OBE's must be the same ???? And I would really like to put this question out there to anyone else that has experienced both LD's and OBE's ..... Thanks

So sorry I am BLIND... I think the difference between a LD and and OBE is the fact that you can have an LD and not be directly involved. Or at least I find I can manipulate ANYTHING in my dream, not just what I do or say.
My take is : When you OBE you feel out of your body. You are somewhere else in almost a waking state, when LD (personally) I feel grounded, I know I am dreaming, I am not out of my body, My dreams take on a very animated, strange appearance. Sometimes I am not myself, I can be anyone, I can also control others in my dreams. Kind of hard to explain, but that is the best way I can.
In my opinion they are different. But others may disagree and I am open to any other points of view.
I can only speak for myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheyracingchick

No I think you are right
After reading your response again and then Aleon's I grasped the concept a little better. I thought about it a little more and realised most OBE's I have read about do seem to be involuntary - I have experienced that once or twice myself - but for me the OBE's have been rare as opposed to my Lucid Dreams which a far more frequent. Thankyou

[edit on 28-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

YOU could make sense of it by going back there and this time not being scared and waking up. That way you will get something deeply meaningful from it. To have others interpret it for you is only second-hand.

Hello Sky,
Thank you for the reply, i have been able to make more sense of this 'dream' since i posted it, i just knew it was very important for me at that time!
You are so right about interpreting your own dreams, as only we know how they, or the messages they convey relate to what is going on in our lives.
Thanks again

Btw i would love to visit this dream again, and stay calm, maybe i will learn something more!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Eevee]

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Eevee]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I just found this thread and thinks it's really cool. I actually was born a lucid dreamer and have seen quiet a bit of "weirdness" on many levels and planes over my life. I have another type of lucidity that I wanted to add to the OP's list there:

Lucid Remembrance: This is when you can remember gaining full lucidity in your dream, but as you wake up, all of those memories are gone. So you remember being lucid, but not the dream itself.

I've been researching on my own many time/space implications on the "astral plane" and have found out quiet a bit. There's also quiet a few different techniques to gain lucidity, and you definitely can read digital displays there

I've died pretty much ever way one can imagine, and one point in my life I used that as therapy of sorts. I've "hunted" demons, beat up aliens, communed with aliens, chatted with spirits, ran into my future self, been to hell and back, ran around the stars, seen into the "future", solved many of my own emotional and intellectual problems there, have remote viewed events, met people there before actually meeting them, and the list can go on and on.

So many people quest for this stuff, I just thought that's what we all could do for the longest time as that's pretty much all I've known.

Those different "planes" of operation that people talk about I theorize we get to those various planes via modality of thinking. There's times where you are purely in the constructs of your own head, then there's time you're in that information layer (akashic records), and there's times we you are walking through time/space.

Lucid dream rocks and is difficult to master even for someone who's natually talented, but using LD can be infinitely beneficial in creating the life you want, or better understanding the one you have.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Let me first state that I am no expert, every once in a while I have LD's and have only had 2-3 OOBE's which kinda freaked me out, but this is what I felt:

For me at least, I think the LD's have been just like having a dream but knowing that you are dreaming. The OOBE's had a "feel" to them. ITs kinda of hard to describe, it felt like you were in a pool of love/energy/etc. It felt like you were unburdened by the flesh and also comes with a totally at peace with the world feeling.

Also I remember the OOBE's with clarity, even better than waking life, almost as if they were More real? Does anyone else concur?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

Those are those different "planes" or "dimensions" you hear the mystics and physicists talk about. I like to think of them as different layers of possibility & information.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is an old thread but I'm bumping it because I want to come back and read it later when I have more time. And new folks may want to take a look at this thread. It's a good one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join