It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Expelled, Disciplined for Puppy Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Marines Expelled, Disciplined for Puppy Video

www.komonews.com

The Marine Corps on Wednesday said it was expelling one Marine and disciplining another for their roles in a video showing a Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff while on patrol in Iraq.

The 17-second video posted on YouTube.com drew sharp condemnation from animal rights groups when it came to light in March.

The clip shows two Marines joking before one hurls the puppy into a rocky gully. A yelping sound is heard as it flips through the air.

"That's mean. That's mean, Motari," an off-camera Ma
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think the best thing they could have done is to get this guy out of Iraq at the very least!

He showed no sympathy for a puppy, what kind of sympathy or understanding do you think he would show people in a foreign country (Iraq) while he was representing the USA there?

you hear of civillians being killed in Iraq all the time, a person who is cold blooded enough to throw a puppy off a cliff would surely be cold blooded enough to kill an innocent person who they might have taken a dislike to.

www.komonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I was about to post a thread regarding this story on ATS and luckily found this first (not sure why this story is on BTS). The story is also on the CNN website right now:

edition.cnn.com...

I, for some reason, was under the impression this was not real, that maybe it was CGI or something. Maybe it was wishful thinking, or maybe I read something in an older thread that convincingly debunked this.

Anyway, it seems to have been deemed as real, and that he did throw a puppy over a cliff.

What can I say? What kind of man does such a thing? He should be careful that someone doesn't throw him off a cliff upon his return from iraq.

There's still some part of me that hopes this is a Friday 13th joke, and if it is a joke, it's of very poor taste.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
According to the item, they are expelling and disciplining for creating the video, not committing the act, itself.

That leads one to consider it was some kind of CGI, or dummy or hoax, or a poorly conceived joke.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Story Highlights:

*Hawaii-based Lance Cpl. David Motari is being 'processed for separation'
    *Motari was seen on video tossing a puppy off a cliff while on patrol in Iraq
    *Second Marine, who filmed the incident, was also disciplined

I failed to see any mention in either news story that it was a fabrication, animated or manipulated. It states 'he filmed the incident.' Filming an incident is very different to conceiving of something, manipulating video, and then creating a false finished product.

'Now, the Department of Defense and the Congress must step up protection from cruelty for all animals under the law governing military conduct.'

To me, they're pushing this as the real deal. When the guy operating the camera caught this, they're making it sound like he 'witnessed a cruel act take place.'

If there is question about whether it is fake, that should be stated clearly in the articles. The presence of this ambiguousness leads me to believe 1 of 2 things:

1. The media is keeping this ambiguous and vague in order to purposely make people angry, and to rouse their anger until it becomes a distraction. (I also believe the CHAD drone media coverage as well as the Peckman 'alien in the window' video were all created to pacify and distract the public). ...Or...

2. This is what it seems to be.

Both options are, at the very least, undesirable and point to the fact that the world is not as we once perceived it to be.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'd have preferred to have seen him being thrown off a cliff on a youtube video but expelled is ok ... I guess.

top topics

join