It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking habbits. .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm self righteous about it, tobacco is just unpleasant to my lungs, I really like the taste of weed though.

If smoking cigs makes you cool, then I guess schmokin' bongs makes you the uber mad freshness.

but as much as they charge for cigs... I think you guys are getting ripped off..

dizzy? wtf!

In this world all the little things get me frustrated, thats why I hit the chronic and get faded.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I wouldn't say I'm self righteous about it, tobacco is just unpleasant to my lungs, I really like the taste of weed though.

If smoking cigs makes you cool, then I guess schmokin' bongs makes you the uber mad freshness.

I don't do anything to be cool, but I was accepting what not to happy said, face it smoking is cool! And yes, ripping up a cap on a bong is far cooler! I prefer my trusty pipe though. An i wasn't refering to you as one of those annoyong self ritcheous folks lysergic! You reasons for quitting are rational and well based. As is you use of ganja

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I meant about when you start smoking, usually kids start smoking because they have a friend who does etc...

I was like oh yeah, I'm a hipster lol.

School Daze.

just saying... for all the extra # they add to them, they should atleast get you thrashed.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
PS: I have noticed when I drink I do crave cigarettes, guess it's just that feeling of having one in your hand you know? To keep myself busy?

Well not a massive crave, but it does cross my mind when I drink about how I'd like to spark up a newport

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
IT's like Dennis Leary said, "They say smoking takes 7 years off you life, the worse 7, when you old." I don't want to live to be 80 anyways.
From the time I was 17 until right before I turned 18, I smoked cigars. I never even had a ciggerette 'til I was 18. Then, a pack would last me a week and a half. Now a pack last me 2 to 3 days.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I know! Thats why I'm now smoking with cutters choice becuase it's gotta have alot less chemicals than most brands I like (marlboro, lucky strike, camel) and the little pouch just seems to be fresh and ready to roll. I personally think it's better stuff and seeing as I don't like it that much i will probably cut down!

Isn't that how most people start though?

Trying to be cool, wanna fit in at school.
But if you smoking ciggerettes your a goddamn fool
Listen real close to what I'm about today,
Smokin related illness kills scores of people everyday,
walking around like a marlboro man,
Sucking on the filter as hard as you can,
Filling up your lungs with tar and #,
I wanna give up but I just can't quit,
So take my advice, when it comes to Fags,
Roll a joint instead and take some drags!

had the sudden urge to freesyle....

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I know! Thats why I'm now smoking with cutters choice becuase it's gotta have alot less chemicals than most brands I like (marlboro, lucky strike, camel) and the little pouch just seems to be fresh and ready to roll. I personally think it's better stuff and seeing as I don't like it that much i will probably cut down!

Isn't that how most people start though?

Trying to be cool, wanna fit in at school.
But if you smoking ciggerettes your a goddamn fool
Listen real close to what I'm about today,
Smokin related illness kills scores of people everyday,
walking around like a marlboro man,
Sucking on the filter as hard as you can,
Filling up your lungs with tar and #,
I wanna give up but I just can't quit,
So take my advice, when it comes to Fags,
Roll a joint instead and take some drags!

had the sudden urge to freesyle....

Is this freestyle forum??? anyway you guys shouldnt smoke at all!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Is this freestyle forum??? anyway you guys shouldnt smoke at all!!

No, but it was an on topic freesyle..

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Even tho I quitted cigs a year ago, I too sometimes have crave when I'm drunk. Rarely, but it happens.

My new girlfriend is a heavy smoker. It's annoying, but what can I do, I love her.

At least she's a heavy pot smoker too lol

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Smoking habbits. .

Hehe, I thought this was about drive-bys in the shire....

(smokin' hobbits...)

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Smoking habbits. .

Hehe, I thought this was about drive-bys in the shire....

(smokin' hobbits...)

LOL. Thats put a really funny image in my head!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Only one way to quit. Sack up, change the old frame of mind. Nothing will ever happen until you decide for yourself that dont need it and want to live a long life. Replace with chewing gum for the short run.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Smoke a fat joint every 4-6 hours instead!

Yeh thats a better idea than the gum (probably already do it)

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Smoking cigs is disgusting. Look what it can do to a keyboard. Not to speak about what it can do to your health.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I stopped just over a month ago using patches, herbal stress tablets and a tape that you play while asleep that tells you how much you don't want one. Before when I quit on just the patches I'd last aprox a week before giving in to a sneaky gig, this time I haven't had any whatsoever. I get this odd kind of craving cut with revulsion when I smell cigarettes now and so far it's a lot easier than previous attempts. I've given up mainly for financial reasons but I wish I was one of those people who can have the occasional one as a treat but it's all or nothing with me.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I took down the previous poll I put up. Although I knew that this is the wrong place to discuss topics like the one I started, I did it anyway. Sorry to the mods and everyone else for my disrespect.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That keyboard is a work of art!

Seriously, smoking (cigs or fags) is bad. I am tryin to quit now. Then again I have first hand experience watching a cancer victim die right befor my eyes. I'm sure you will change your POV before too long. Wait till you cough up your first bloody chunk of lung.

I don't however, agree with the anti-smoking nazis saying you cant smoke in public or here or there. I do agree with being respectfull toward others while smoking and if you are not then you make it harder on all of us. There are aholes on both sides. Some go out of their way to make a big deal over a cig being smoked in no close proximity to them. These are the ones that deserve to have the smoke blown in their face then punched in the face. The same goes for the person who lights up a cigarette where its clearly not appropiate, like around children, or at a gas station or where ever it's not appropiate to smoke.

If I am going to quit it's because I want to quit not cause someone tells me to, or forces me to.

hey check this out! Anyone know what this is?
I doubt it's from pot.

Wow look at that tumor on the bottom right

or how about this smokers toung......
Mmmmmmm, I'd want to kiss that.:w:

This is all just something to think about. I once thought smoking was cool too, not being able to breathe isn't.
Now, Take a deep breath and enjoy it while you got it.

I am certian I will quit, it's just when. smoking 18 years now, I can feel the effects. Good luck with it when you decide to. Bottom line is it is and should be your choice all I can do is advise.

Laters,
Baked

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Arg, Baked, must you have those repulsive images up? lol. We all know what happens when we smoke, we run the risk of death/serious health problems, but do it anyways. Don't need to see some filthy lungs, I know mine are probably on their way. :w:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Hey Im going to start a survey, hidden amongst the posts here so the mods will be oblivious (minus drunk and gaz obviously, but they seem like cool guys *kisses ass*). Please don't
me.

*ahem*

Poll noted.
Might want to edit that poll out before I have to trash the thread. Discussion of illegals like that is against the TOS.

Kthx.
-B.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join