It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New subforum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i know im still really new here on ATS, but i have seen alot of treads here on the UFO forums which are with old footage/posted before/allready debunked(I did this myself )
My thought was maybe make a subforum where all new videos got posted and then moved to the "real" UFO forum after day or two(or get closed)
don't know if this would be too much work as I don't really know the mecanic's of a forum

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Kalomar] i think i posted this in the wrong forum

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Kalomar]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

Or maybe just post a forum with a ton a debunk or questionable video or pics and make new members have access to the forum only for a couple of days first.

I don't mean they shouldn't have access to the whole site, maybe just a pre-alien ufo forum for a few days.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Take your idea and make it a permanent read-only forum with single article-like threads for all debunked pics and videos for new members to orient themselves by.

I am growing tired of the reruns on here.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If someone would take on the task of going through the 7,462, 395, (or whatever) vidios, (And that's just You Tube
) proven a hoax, with enough commentary to show how and why they were debunked, then this might work.

Personally, at my stage in life, I don't feel there's enough antioxidents in the world to make me live long enough for this task.

However, since this is a valid idea, at least for those young enough to take it on, I will, in all seriousness, move this to the Bourd Business & Questions Forum. I really want to see this debated.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm sure there are many regular members who will provide you with the necessary information so you could put a list together.

Or you could just keep moving all the reposts into the "Debunked" forum. ._.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not to put the workload back on you but, if as you navigate the threads and review material you keep a list of the one's you believe were adequately debunked and the ones that didn't seem so, people would really appreciate if you share it.

Over time the list could become really useful to newcomers and the casually interested. Otherwise I don't see anyone volunteering for that much work as one start-to-finish project!

Still, it was a good idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
If someone would take on the task of going through the 7,462, 395, (or whatever) vidios, (And that's just You Tube
) proven a hoax, with enough commentary to show how and why they were debunked, then this might work.

Well, in October 2006 I sorted the UFO videos on Youtube by number of views and went through the first top few thousand videos. This took a while...

I added relevant notes on the videos which had been viewed the most to a document I've been working on during the last 3 or 4 years on the 60 or so UFO videos most frequently discussed on the Internet (including ATS).

My notes on those videos are over 200 pages long (and I have a similar document in relation to various photos of "aliens").

I've posted bits and pieces from those notes on ATS, but I never seem to get the time to actually finish writing a proper article covering some of the more interesting points arising from those notes.

Maybe when I retire...

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

join