It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to pastor: Renounce your faith!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
it is not my opinion but rather fact they their faith [ Christianity ] is unfounded and unfactual, their God a contradiction of logic and words, and their savior a supernatural superstition. This is not my opinion but rather I can reveal this through crisp logistics and academic studies along with etymologies.

no you can't.

you should not be allowed to publicly or otherwise humiliate me and my private life based on "your" beliefs

yes I should.

As if homosexuals cause sin ... There is no evidence or fact there, that is simply ecclesiacal opinion.

They certainly helped spread AIDS around. That's a fact. So stop stating that homosexuality never hurt anyone Mr. "facts only".

... it is not your right to publicly insult me without consequence nor should it be.

yes it is. Now go learn how to spell and think.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
no you can't.

Yes. I can.

Disproving God

And again disproving God

More ways of disproving God

yes I should.

Not without consequence as you misquoted me as not saying such. If you want to, then do it, but you will be punished. And if this is your belief, then expect it done back to you. Hence why I am defeating the concept of God once and for all worldwide.

They certainly helped spread AIDS around. That's a fact. So stop stating that homosexuality never hurt anyone Mr. "facts only".

Actually heterosexuals have spread more aids than homosexuals. AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease, it has nothing to do with homo or hetero, both are equally as susceptable, rather it was to do with sex. I never claimed that homosexuality never hurt anyone. Based on your logic people should not be able to have sex at all then, because we might spread aids.

yes it is. Now go learn how to spell and think.

You need to capitalize that Y there. It's the start of a new sentence, remember we learned that in second grade? I'm learning how to spell and think all day long, every day.
And, it was a typing error on my part, not a lack of the English language. Whereas your errors are consistent. Don't forget to capitalize.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
come to church and you will be saved from crimes committed.

In actuality you make a good point, I couldn't tell if you were commenting from jest or not.

Those not responsible to live without a God can very easily have their life's changed through the delusion of church eudemonia. Though this also leads to an embezzlement of their logic and intellect, I suppose it's a disguised punishment, but at the same time a pay off for humanity. Dumb down those that would use their logic and intellect to harm others. The problem peaks its head when those in charge of these institutions cause their own problems for the rest of the public, and those so immensed in the brainwashing become fanatical. What do we do with the pastors that rant and rave about Homosexuals being so evil and the church members that murder them? Someone's gotta stop it... it might as well be the government, otherwise a lot of churches are going to be burning.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

I only say what I mean and mean what I say.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Well then I do not agree with this.

Going to church will not save us from crimes. It will set us back 1500 years and we'll all be cavemen living in mud huts again. So you want everyone to go to church and sit there drooling and eyes spinning singing hymns like good little homo-erectus nomads?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For some reason I don't believe bigotry to be "faith". I'm sure your gods would frown on that.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
sorry, but none of those links you provided disproved anything.

If you want to, then do it, but you will be punished.

is that a threat?

Hence why I am defeating the concept of God once and for all worldwide.

that's hilarious

Actually heterosexuals have spread more aids than homosexuals.

it certainly didn't start out that way I'm afraid.

Based on your logic people should not be able to have sex at all then, because we might spread aids.

no, that's based on your logic.
actually, according to your logic, we shouldn't even be able to TALK about having sex because it might lead to actual sex which could very well be harmful.

Don't forget to capitalize.

F#(% capitals! i am an artist!

I insulted you at the end of my last post to make a certain point about free speech. It's nothing personal.

Normally I'd not insult anyone directly or personally just out of common respect, but I've got no problem verbally attacking someone's belief system. If someone stands solid in their belief, they should be able to take it with balls and not pansy-out to some government body for defense.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Gotta remember folks. Butting into people's lives and telling them how they can live those lives IS a core tenet of Christianity. As is crying foul when someone returns the favor.

The irony is that all of you guys are upset that this guy is being told "renounce your faith (if WND is to believed - personally I find it prone to sensationalism, but whaddevah) - but NOT upset by this pastor's demands that the state bow to his religion. It's just the same damn thing, just going the other way.

I don't agree with either direction of course. But I can freely admit I find the double standard to be funny.

You miss something very important. The preacher won't imprison the government if they decline to believe the way he wants them to. The government however ...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by menguard

Well then I do not agree with this.

Going to church will not save us from crimes. It will set us back 1500 years and we'll all be cavemen living in mud huts again. So you want everyone to go to church and sit there drooling and eyes spinning singing hymns like good little homo-erectus nomads?

Going to church no more makes you a Christian than sitting in a hen house makes you a chicken. Likewise, going to church isn't going to save you. There's a lot more to it than that. You go to church to congregate, fellowship and study the word of God, not to sit and listen to hymns while your eyes spin. You're on the right track by accepting that Christ is the son of God, that he died for you and becoming baptized but that's still no guarantee of being saved. Ultimately it's God grace that saves you so whatever you do on this Earth, sin-wise, is between you and him.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When are you religous people gonna learn that religion has done nothing for humanity except hold us back intellectually and start wars?It's just another thing to add to the list of differences between people!Dont take it to seriously! And those of you that think homosexuality is wrong should consider that as Gods children he is the one that made people gay, so your going against his wishes, so it is you who will burn in hell for going against Gods wishes, and rightfully so! IGNORANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

When these types of government attacks on Christianity in the name of "equality" and "anti-descrimination against minorities" were confined to France and Germany, that was one thing. The fact that they have now made their way to our closest neighbor scares the hell out of me. Anyone here who is Catholic or conservative protestant will instantly recognize that one of the core beliefs of our faiths is that homosexuality is a sin. If a government can censure a religious group from teaching that as it is laid out in our Bible, then what's to say the next step won't be for them to say the Bible's condemnation of adultery, lying, stealing, etc can't be taught? Eventually they could even determine that just merely teaching the primary tenent of the entire religion "Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light" is descriminatory to all non-believers and cannot be taught, written, or spoken.

This should scare the hell out of every Canadian, Christian and otherwise. And don't feel like I'm singling out Canada here, because the demonization of everything Christian related (10 commandments, Christmas trees, prayer, "Under God", etc) in the United States is almost certainly a predecessor to our government eventually doing the same thing. How very sad.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This doesn't scare me at all. Matter of fact, there is an easy way to stop Government from having an issue with what a religion views as a sin...

*Stop trying to turn your views into those of society*!!!!

When you stop trying to use the legal system to force your made up beliefs on everyone else, then the government will stop telling pastors what to say. It goes both ways.

Thank Goodness Canada has a clue.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Real Christians don't complain when they are hard done by. But the homesexuals are so weak they feel afronted to a pastors opinion. They are not only lost they are weak and pathetic in their own sexuality.
Strong homosexuals? Nah they are all wimps like they were in the sixties, poofs and weak wristed men. They might have abs now and have laws but inside they are just as screwed up as they ever were.
My friend, ex screwed up individual above, admits that!
Canadian lawmakers are about as pathetic

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
sorry, but none of those links you provided disproved anything.

Then get involved in the links and show why with evidence or logic.

is that a threat?

I suppose so. A threat of the law.

that's hilarious

Not meant to be, but take it as you will.

it certainly didn't start out that way I'm afraid.

Do you know anything about AIDS?

no, that's based on your logic.

It was your logic, sir. You stated and implied that homosexuals are harmful because they spread AIDS. Then we're all harmful because we're all capable of spreading AIDS and no one should be allowed to have sex because we'll be just as bad as homosexuals.
That's what your logic implies and applies. AIDS applies to everyone, not just homosexuals, and no homosexuals didn't start AIDS.

actually, according to your logic, we shouldn't even be able to TALK about having sex because it might lead to actual sex which could very well be harmful.

Nope. I said you are free to have consenting sex with who you choose and love who you love, which is anyone and everyone or no one. Please follow the discussion.

F#(% capitals! i am an artist!

Yeah, me too, but I'm still able to follow the structure of the English language. If you're going to attempt to correct mine then be ready to get it back. If you don't want to be bothered about it then don't bother others about it.

I insulted you at the end of my last post to make a certain point about free speech. It's nothing personal.

Then I should hit the alert button and give you a warning showing you that you can't do that without punishment. Nothing personal.

Normally I'd not insult anyone directly or personally just out of common respect, but I've got no problem verbally attacking someone's belief system. If someone stands solid in their belief, they should be able to take it with balls and not pansy-out to some government body for defense.

That was my point, although homosexuality is not a belief system and it was doing no attacking, it is a way of life and it was being attacked by a faulty belief system that doesn't understand the ways of life.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Canadian laws on speech only approximates the US constitution. They mirror English law more so than the US. The Orwellian laws on hate speech and hate crimes denegrates our populations as a whole. To take the right to express opinion away from anybody is the real road to totalitarianism. If an opinion is stated that is not factual to an individual then there are already remedies for this. Libel suits and defamation of character suits are the true venus here for redress. Not government intervention. I believe only individuals can take umbridge on an opinion and should not be allowed to do so as a group when the opinion being stated is true belief. Should someone print or say something that you feel is untrue about you as individuals let them lay claim to that point in a proper court of law and prove you have been defamed. An insult is not defamation or hate speech. Its a slight that might hurt your delicate opinion of self but is only opinion.For the government to step in and say you can no longer repeat any belief you may have on a certain subject Should be unlawfull.You may say anything about your belief but only you can deny it or ignore it. The government has no place in such discourse. Lieing is already a crime in most circumstances. The courts have a right to adjudicate cases brought before them in defamation suits but not unless physical harm to ones person is involved. Mental distress over opinion is not the courts business. The only reason for that to be true is if the government wishes to silence the public at large! This is bad precedent!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Real Christians don't complain when they are hard done by. But the homesexuals are so weak they feel afronted to a pastors opinion. They are not only lost they are weak and pathetic in their own sexuality.
Strong homosexuals? Nah they are all wimps like they were in the sixties, poofs and weak wristed men. They might have abs now and have laws but inside they are just as screwed up as they ever were.
My friend, ex screwed up individual above, admits that!
Canadian lawmakers are about as pathetic

Wow.. you sound emotional... Not rational at all.

On to the next post.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Let god sort it out on judgment day. What business is of yours if two men or women love each other? Any form of hate speech should be banned. That type of talk brought us Nazis, skinheads, slavery,etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh won't you look at that, fruitcakes have more rights than the gits who founded their bloody country.

Blimey, that country has gone straight to hell. I sound like a religious right wing bastard, but shoot me if I'm wrong. This predicted nonsense about Christians being persecuted again is coming true.

Pastor, stand for your faith and show them fairies that there are still morals out here. I say fruit loops should stop acting like bitches and get on with their life. Maybe get a real job, like construction. Go ahead and take it up the pooper if that's your style, just don't bitch to me when I tell you you're a bloody idiot who will get AIDS and die a horrible death.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What this represents is an example of the infiltration of the Illuminati into society. They train their children to become leaders in business, politics, military, education, media, etc... People need to start waking up and understand the degree to people are being planted and cultivated as instigators, agitators and gatekeepers. What the victim needs to do is wake people up in his community to this attack on decency, identify the "officials" and work to see that they aren't re-elected. Of course, they'll face all kind of varied opposition for doing so.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is why I love being Canadian, smart people in the government (even though its not so obvious alot of the time)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

a few thoughts.....
Firstly, if you are christian, then you certainly are aware that these are said to be the "last days" of revelations.
It is well prophesied exactly what is occuring right now...
they will call evil good and good evil.....
etc etc.
I think a thorough escatology search would familiarise anyone with the various theories.
In this respect what is occuring is no surprise at all....
Meantime, the implications for the individual morality,and individual life are tremendous....
Firstly,the obvious herding of the populace towards more and more (non productive)sexuality choices?boys with boys girls with girls etc(dont ask about the etc)
I truely believe the aim is to have everyone getting their perverted rocks off without making too many overpopulations....
the more meaningless" sex we have, the less kids well have too.
Nw, in terms of mind control, the 1984 scenario seems suddenly far more real....
loss of sexual morality will go a long ways to assist that programming.

I see a short journey down the dark road to totalitarianism for us all in North America.
The buffons are already half created.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Most of you fail to understand the full ramifications of this Canadian set of laws.

The pastor could have been charge with a criminal offense, and could have been sent to prison for expressing his beliefs. You see, in Canada, there is no right of free speech.

In Canada, if anyone complains that your words, expressed verbally or in writing, have offended them, you can be charged with a "Hate Crime".

In addition, you can also be charged under the Human rights statutes, as happened here. The law is stacked on the side of the complaining party, all they have to do is show that they found the words offensive, and they can be compensated, and you can be silenced.

But then again, human rights offenses by Canada are nothing new. They have a very long history of violating the rights of any body they don't approve of. They ignore international treaties they have ratified, and "do their own thing".

Examples: 1. Until 1984, any Indian (Native American) woman that married a non-Indian was instantly stripped of her legal status as an Indian. Canada only changed that law after being cited by the U.N. for human rights violations. (This violated the 1948 International Declaration of Human Rights, as well as other treaties.)

2. In Canada, ONLY THE GOVERNMENT can determine who is, and who is not an Indian. The various Indian tribes/bands can not determine who is, and who is not a member of their own body. That is a decision that is reserved to the Federal government alone. (This also violates the 1948 International Declaration of Human Rights and every U.N. Treaty on Human Rights that has ever been ratified.)

3. From 1947 until 2008, Canada stripped hundreds of thousands of its own citizens of their Canadian citizenship without notice, and without the right of a hearing or an appeal. They left many hundreds of thousands of people stateless in the process. Finally, in April 2008, they passed a bill through Parliament that will restore Canadian citizenship to most of those that had been stripped. BUT, the person must know that it was done to them (and the majority have no idea), and apply to have their citizenship recognized. They get to pay a hefty fee, and wait 3-5 years for their application to be processed. (This also violated the 1948 Declaration ofHuman Rights, and several other treaties. Canada finally decided to change this law after being specifically cited for stripping people of their citizenship and leaving them stateless in 2007. Prior to that, the government had adamantly refused to even consider a blanket restoration of citizenship.)

Canada presents itself as a bastion of freedom. It is far from that, it is a country of controlled thought and speech. Their peoples have no real freedom of speech. Their "Charter of Rights" is meaningless, unless they can afford to take cases through their Supreme Court (which takes 10 years or more). In the meantime, the government restricts speech, freedom of religion and most other rights, in ways that American citizens would never accept.

After all, the country was primarily founded by people that refused to accept rhe American point of view, preferring to remain under the British Crown and its restrictions on rights.

Oh just for disclosure reasons, I need to tell you that I am one of those people stripped of my Canadian citizenship under the 1947 Citizenship act. And I descend from at least 4 Loyalist families.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join