It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States of America is now a dictatorship!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Quite a bit of ignorance and hate going on here.

America is far far far from being a dictatorship. Every single person in congress and the President were elected to their positions... by the people. Anyone familiar with Government law knows that the President's powers are held in check by Congress, and vice versa. If you don't know how this works, read up on the subject or take a Government law class before making assumptions. The President has been shot down MANY times by Congress on his proposals.

As for the argument that having guns is pointless against military technology- you are correct. However, did you stop to think about who would pilot those aircraft? Who would man those military weapons and turn them against their fellow americans? As active United States Air Force, I can tell you right now that could never happen. Myself, and everyone I know in the Armed Forces are here VOLUNTARILY. I swore this oath:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I know the first thing the conspiratorist will point out is that it says I will obey the orders of the President of the United States; however that is in accordance to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). The UCMJ also states that we are only to follow LAWFUL orders. Turning our weapons against innocent fellow americans, to us, is unlawful. Read more about that subject here: usmilitary.about.com...

For the sillyness about 'Corporations controlling governement, blah blah': Nonsense. Ask Microsoft how they feel about the Anti-trust laws that crushed their dreams of world domination. Every year the US Government keeps private businesses in check through numerous laws and acts that you never hear about. Government employees, including Congressmen and our President himself, are reguarly audited by outside 3rd party entities. Ever hear of the Government Accountability Office (GAO)? www.gao.gov...

Our Government was designed with multiple branches and offices that keep each other in check. The biggest threat to our nation is not US Goverment, but it's people that have become so disillusioned about their standard of living that they start living in a state of perpeptual paranoia and ignorance. I'm writing this from the middle east- where I'm deployed to right now and believe me, USA has it made. I almost threw up in my mouth reading that line about how Americans are struggling to pay for food and gas. Seriously? Or do you mean you're having a hard time filling up your 15 MPG SUV while driving down to the local burger king to buy a super sized double whopper combo for dinner? For crying out loud, your posting on the internet using (no doubt) your own computer... a luxury that most of the world doesn't have.

There are much more important and bigger problems in the world going on than the fact you have to pay $4 a gallon for gas... something Europeons have been doing for YEARS money.cnn.com...

The Government isn't out to take control of the world. They're not out to get you, and there is no way in the hell the armed forces would turn against you. But I have a feeling those reading this will simply get defensive, and stubbornly stick to their theories that this is all an elaborate plan to 'disarm' them for the Government takeover. People like that have been around for years, and will continue to be around. I just hope a few of them can actually start thinking for themselves instead of staying wrapped up in their 'group-think' brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
they have tried to get your guns before and they will continue try to get them until they do get them.
and they will only a matter of time.
perhaps in the end they will give up trying to legislate them away and cause there to be riots so they can take them away but the agenda is to get your guns.
if they can take your freedom getting your guns is only a matter of coming for them. you can die in your boots trying to keep them thats your choice.
but the way that went down with Katrina they took the guns without a whimper.
So do not expect there be too many standing with you.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
“Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

While American’s are struggling to pay for basic necessities such as food and gas, the Corporations are swimming in profit.. As an example just look Exxon Mobil(I won’t even post cumulative gains for the industry in the last quarter because it will make you cry) Exxon Mobil posted a 36 Billion dollar net profit for the year. The most of any U.S company in history (probably the world).. This was when gas prices were in the high 3’s imagine how much profit they have made up to now? Is this the will of the people for them to be pillaged
and raped financially? It is very clear ladies and gentlemen that something is very wrong with this “republic” When the Federal reserve Bank bailed out Bear Sterns for an unprecedented 3.2 billion that should have been given instead to the American people who are suffering right now due to companies like Bear Sterns greediness in the mortgage market. Was this also the will of the people? How about the ongoing Iraq war where over 4,000 soldiers have been killed and where less then 34% of American’s don’t want this war anymore if this was in fact a republic they should have already came home..? Where is the will of the people being reflected there? Here is the Webster definition of a republic 1 a (1): a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2): a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1): a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law.. In that definition the republic has failed us.. Responsible to US and governing according to LAW.. It is clear that they are no longer responsible to US but to major corporations.. it is clear that they are no longer governing according to LAW as this regime has called the constitution “as piece of paper” a piece of PAPER? You mean the one that our forefathers fought and died for? You mean that piece of paper? And has broken several constitutional laws, and international law… So we now know that this country is not a republic… how about a democracy? Perhaps this will fit the “bill “considering it is always used as the reason to go invade other countries without provocation.. it must be true right? definition a democracy according to Webster’s “1 a: government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections”

Notice by definition rule of the MAJORITY and where SUPREME POWER is vested in THE PEOPLE.. now lets see .. are major corporations the majority today based on the number of dollars owned? Do they have the supreme power now as they have the ability to influence by lobbying Congress to do what they wish? Also are they the people? Not us? Is there really representation involving free elections considering that both past elections are seriously questionable?
1: the office of dictator2: autocratic rule, control, or leadership3 a: a form of government in which absolute power is concentrated in a dictator or a small clique b: a government organization or group in which absolute power is so concentrated c: a despotic state1 a: rule by a despot b: despotic exercise of power2 a: a system of government in which the ruler has unlimited power : ABSOLUTISM b: a despotic state
We are left with a dictatorship type of government.. if the government does not represent the people nor can the people choose proper representation freely then what is this state?
The Administration, and the Senate are right now not listening to the people about any issue whatsoever, they are only creating laws and funneling money where they can only directly benefit not the people. The war has greatly benefited the Senate and the administration, case in point “According to the most recent reports of their personal finances, 151 current members of Congress had between $78.7 million and $195.5 million invested in companies that received defense contracts of at least $5 million in 2006. In all, these companies received more than $275.6 billion from the government in 2006, or $755 million per day, according to FedSpending.org, a website of the budget watchdog group OMB Watch.” If members of Congress have a personal vested interest in continuing the war., and not listen to the people then isn’t this dictatorship? The Patriot Act has given great powers to this regime(similar to the enabling act that enabled the 3rd Reich to rise) coupled with corporations getting there way all the time.. And the people rarely if ever getting there way in any major issue, I have come to the gruesome conclusion That this country is under autocratic rule, control, and leadership, and is now a government where absolute power is concentrated in the President, the elite, the Senate, where absolute power is so concentrated that it is now a despotic state and now has unlimited power where the people no longer control the government as the founding fathers meant them to. Citizens.The United States of America is now officially a dictatorship.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by thefreepatriot]

When will America wake up and understand the usurpations have always came from the DOJ not congress or POTUS. The DOJ are the problem totally!!!!

Please watch this video and then the information below will make more sense. This is more information than can be found in one place anywhere on the net and it is right at your finger tips. If you only view each site for a few moments you will know more than 99% of the people.

CONSTITUTION FORUM OCT. 2010.wmv USA CORPERATION
www.youtube.com...#

Time line to the REPUBLICS destruction.

1776: Declaration of Independents. A new country sheds itself from British usurpation. “Independents” inferring to the people and their rights.
archives.gov...

1787 Constitution FOR the United States of America. “FOR”
www.constitution.org...

1789 Executive Order law enacted. This law empowered the POTUS to circumvent the congress and to create a dictatorship without the authority of congress or we the people. This is the most profound usurpation and abuse of Federal power.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

1791 Bill of Rights. This gave the Feds more power over the states and we the people. Not one word was expressed about the states or citizens to rule or make laws Just Feds. This opened doors for stratagem legalizations of DOJ opinions of constitutional laws.
www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...

1794-???? The Constitution Amendments 11-27
These amendment are designed to usurp all power from the original constitution from we the people and the states. DOJ is now free to interpret what ever they want because states and people have no standing in a maritime cooperate court.
www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...

Act of 1871: With this illegal act behind closed doors the constitution was shredded and a new article of incorporation was written changing the FOR to OF in the Constitution. The CORPERATE United States OF America moved into a 10 mile square now known as District of Columbia.
www.byronwine.com...
www.byronwine.com...

The Illegal Quasi-Government in Washington D.C.
home.iae.nl...
home.iae.nl...

1913 The Federal Reserve Emergency Act. America was broke and desperate so the United States was sold to the British Banking cartel creating the private incorporation called the Federal Reserve.
www.absoluteastronomy.com...
www.absoluteastronomy.com...

1933 The Gold Confiscation Act. This put the nail in our financial coffin. Fiat currency created. Congress extends its right to coin money illegally to the Federal Reserve.
www.the-privateer.com...
www.the-privateer.com...

“…a republic if you can keep it.” This was a quote from Benjamin Franklin when the Declaration of Independence was signed.
www.bartleby.com...
www.bartleby.com...

So yes it is hard for America to understand because the problems are 200 years old. Basically since 1933 the original Republic of America has been gone. The horrible truth is that the government perpetuates a lie to the American people claiming that it is still in existence. I hope this explains to you a little about the questions of “how can they do that.” They can because we no longer have any constitutional law to stop them. sk1951

==============================================

1. When you put someone or a group over you it is inevitable that it will seek control and power. Was the central government organized to take over from the conception? I think when the central government was organized it was recognized as very dangerous by some like Thomas Jefferson. The constitution was to protect the States and the people. But as you can see from the above post you answered it did not stop the usurpation and destruction of the Republic.

2. In truth, the founding fathers set up the United States to be run and protected by the constitution. In all fairness NO, it would not matter who was in office really because the main job of the central government was to protect and uphold the constitution. There is no organic constitution to protect now. So the oath they swear to is illegitimate. The DOJ and the Military have not protected us as sworn and of course the usurpation of POTUS and congress even Glenn Beck has shown.

3. Bottom line: We have been turned up side down. When the Republic was established it was we the people, each of us sovereign to our birth state. Our States organized the central government and were sovereign to the state an its citizenship. The centralized government was to be subservient to the States and the people. People then State then central government.

4. Sold out? Secretly usurped? Lawed by congress and the DOJ into a secret incorporation? Legal strategies into this democracy of executive order dictatorship? There simply were many people involved and there was no real way for people to learn or understand 200 years ago in a long gone time of trust and faith and loyalty to America. We just did not and could not know back then. But we do today.

5. Understanding money is the main point of who is running the government. Those people are far above elections. The terms puppet government sadly are very true. I think after watching this wonderful video many of your questions will be answered and you will be on a trail of learning like no other you have ever attempted. Good Luck.

Creature from Jekyll Island 1 of 12 Basic info on the Feds. A must see.
www.youtube.com...
============================================================
Was the 14th amendment ratified? Read the information from the start or you'll never know the ending of how we have been abused.

Getting rid of the 14th will solve a whole host of other problems.

www.civil-liberties.com...

www.examiner.com...

Win 50K if you prove the 14th is legitimate.
www.dirtyunclesam.com
=============================================================
CORPERATE LAW AND CAPITALIZATION

Adopted from roman law there are 3 levels of Capitis Diminutio (Minima, Media, Maxima (minimum, medium, maximum respectively))

Capitis Minima = minimal loss of rights (John Doe)
Capitis Media = partial loss of rights (John DOE)
Capitis Maxima = full loss of rights (JOHN DOE)

It all starts at your birth when your parents fill out your REGISTRATION OF LIVE BIRTH. The parents choose a name for the child. The State or Province take that name and capitalize it. If the state or province is in debt, the name is entirely capitalized, if the state or province is not then just the last name is capitalized.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Capitus Diminutio Minima
Capitus Diminutio Media
Capitus Diminutio Maxima

As these come from the old Roman Latin.
Codex Alimentaius
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

In the same month whereas this thread was posted in all 43 era policies were suspended pending review and at time of this post none of said policies have been either extended, reactivated or adopted.

The US was however under a defacto dictaitorship between Sept 01 - Jan 09 a policy which has effectively bene killed.

Hook, line, sinker SUNK!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The globalist elite have made the United States into a fascist dictatorship because they want to condition the American people into accepting the new world order, which in fact would be the world's most ruthless and efficient dictatorship ever to befall upon humankind.

Don't forget, that there is a spiritual element involved in the new world order.

The reason why the United States has fallen into this predicament is because the country itself has turned its back on God, and the consequence of doing so for the past 47 years has started to reverberate.

Jeremiah 12:17 But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

And picture how the United States would utterly meet its demise...

Revelation 18

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When you step inside a school, you are under a dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

I fell upon this somehow ......what irony. OP definitely had foresight I must declare. I am surprised this thread wasn't ressurected or maybe OP has rolled out the 2.0 version. I thought I would flag it and reenter to ATS 2012 because the context /content of this thread is very much the reality we are currently in.

If this caught your eye - you may want to join a new thread where the context is relevant to this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ed it on 21-3-2012 by mcsandy because: entered associated thread

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Whoever is in charge behind the curtain, like that of the wizard of Oz in your country must be the same wizard of Oz running ours, because most if not all of what you have to say about America is the same for us over here in England, as the United kingdom no longer exists in real terms, as Scotland has gone into devolution, as are Wales, and Ireland is a republic, and Nothern Ireland is held by a thread as it always has been. England does not even have its own parliament anymore

It is a country run by foreigners for foreigners now, and our fishing industry, coal Industry, Steel industry, motor industry, film industry etc etc etc has gone to the dogs, our energy is owned and supplied by foreigners now, all that is left is a once happy people who are now through their kindness and tolerance being forced from the cities out to the poor areas in the country side, and as time has gone by the overspill of immigration is pushing the once happy people into the ruddy sea, this has and is happening ŵithout the consent of the indiginous population of this once green and pleasant land. Greed is the motivation, we have been sold out and a NWO will be the result, at the expense of the down trodden natives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join