It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-America ATS Members: What Is Your Perception of America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
George W. Bush has alienated most of the world on our behalf. A strong majority of Europeans think he is the greatest threat to world peace. This American strongly agrees and I long for the day he is no longer anywhere near the levers of power. I was wondering how our non-American friends feel about it? Step right up, tell us how ya feel..

and p.s. Not all of us are warmongering idiots.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i................. spit on amerika spooti........

lmao........ just joking

I dont mind the country america, god praise low inflation i always go there in summer to shop

i feel riped off here in europe especially the fact that i live in high priced london... i spit on that...........

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a canadian. You know, we live up norht, explort walrus blubber...yeah, us. The ones you pick on all the time. Way to blame all your internal problems on us (meat problems, blackouts, ect.).

Generally, Americans are viewed as rude, pushy, corrupt, angry, warmongering idiots. You start wars, stick your nose where it doesn't belong, and have ruined the West for everyone. Really, we're not all that bumb. If Bush had wanted, we know that Saddam and his sons could have taken an Escobar-esque shot to the head instead of you guys starting an oil war. The actions of the US reflect poorly on all Westerners- and we're not happy.

DE

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooeuro
i................. spit on amerika spooti........

lmao........ just joking

I dont mind the country america, god praise low inflation i always go there in summer to shop

i feel riped off here in europe especially the fact that i live in high priced london... i spit on that...........

Ain't that the truth! How do afford to pay for gas? It's unbelievable what those prices are per gallon in Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Hi, I'm a canadian. You know, we live up norht, explort walrus blubber...yeah, us. The ones you pick on all the time. Way to blame all your internal problems on us (meat problems, blackouts, ect.).

Generally, Americans are viewed as rude, pushy, corrupt, angry, warmongering idiots. You start wars, stick your nose where it doesn't belong, and have ruined the West for everyone. Really, we're not all that bumb. If Bush had wanted, we know that Saddam and his sons could have taken an Escobar-esque shot to the head instead of you guys starting an oil war. The actions of the US reflect poorly on all Westerners- and we're not happy.

DE

DeusEx, I appreciate your comments, altho it saddens me to hear it. (we're not all bad like that.)

My Grandmother was a Canadian citizen. I was born in Washington state and have spent time in Vancouver. Is it cold, snowy and rainy all over up there? I moved down south when I was a kid, thank God. I love the sun and warmth.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Vancouver is like the Canadian version fo Seattle, so no wonder you moved. My dad is an American citizen, so don't feel bad. Well, mebbe a little for heaping every ounce of internal trouble our way. Did you know that we're a 'haven for terrorists', yet have not suffered a single act of terrorism on our soil since the PLQ crisis?

What does that say about us being being a haven for terrorists? Oh yeah! It's a crock of nonsense! We have to deal with the all negativity Americans heap on us. Sorry if I seem angry, but I'm sore this morning and I have a cold. *eyes narrow* And I'm all out of caffeine.

DE

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Canada is the new Hollywood. Im in the film and tv biz and no a days a lot of major films and comercials are filmed in Toronto because the prices are much better. So make way for your walk of fame. Just a little blurb I thought I would mention.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm here in london , I like America and it's people (with exceptions of course) and I am actually planning on moving to NYC, however you just got the worst politics and media, it bites.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's funny, that sort of thing is the last thing I think about when it comes to Canada.

I didn't know you were from across the pond, Earthtone. Movin' to NYC, huh? Cool. I almost went to school there, but chose Northern Arizona University instead.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What part of NYC do you think you might move to earthtone?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
What part of NYC do you think you might move to earthtone?

I'm really not sure. When I went out around this time last year I stayed at a place on the upper west side, but I'm thinking that I may well move to Brooklyn as Manhatten is expensive. Any advice Beagle?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The impression I get from all of the media coverage is that your stupid and you stick your nose into things you shouldn't thats also how the 'impression' shows treat it such as that guy who dressed up as George Bush and went "Hello all my citizens of the united states of armenia". Plus on one show that made me laugh the other day when he is planning his re-election his team included the incredible hulk and John from CHIPS I think it was

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I m from Canada, and actually see that you and I aren't so different when it comes to politics.

It used to be different, but since i've moved here, i've learned we share the same problems.

The current govenor of Michigan wants to raise taxes in cigarette prices ( LIKE THEY ALREADY DID IN CANADA)

Perhaps a new internet tax? (Some cdn rest have increased liquor taxes and food tax)
Perhaps they have that some other places in the states?

We both have terrorists living in our countries.

Oh and the biggest one is that you guys aren't as arrogrant as the canadian media makes you out to be.

You all are pretty swell. Now that i'm here, I feel more closer to ya'll and I feel a sense of apathy.

Many cdns believe you guys to be arrogant, self centered, omniscent, and beligerant fools.
Your not though.

Quite the opposite. Our personalities are basically the same.

Both our governments suck. Both are ALWAYS always wanting more. Always wanting to shake us down for more, and never never just GOING AWAY.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As a matter of clarification...

It's not us starting wars and sticking our nose in other countries business. It's our government doing those things. There is a difference. America is not it's government. They are two different countries...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
As a matter of clarification...

It's not us starting wars and sticking our nose in other countries business. It's our government doing those things. There is a difference. America is not it's government. They are two different countries...

yes I know that government and people are two different things but government people have influence as well as media over what the common people think.
Even if it is rubbish they can still put it out there for common people to suck on, and if it's out there long enough people will start to believe it.

Consistent brainwashing will almost always win over people. Not all some.

And I should of said some cdns don't like americans.
I know when I used to go out to the bars, sometimes we'd get into conversations with other people and they would talk about how they hate americans because of x y z, but never really had any proof, I'd get so pissed because they were just regurgitating what they heard elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Many of the people are programmed sheep who are brainwashed to believe everything the media tells them.

The Government are a shower of bastards.

Some know what is going on, but are looked at with contempt.

Its a bit like the UK, really.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Im canadian, and I love my country..

and our faithful freinds and neighbours are the good old Americans.

We always go down to the bar, we share some beaver steaks, and moose burgers

jk lol

I like america a lot.. I jujst think that their leaders get a little hyper once in a while....

top topics

join