Let's make this the book review thread:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It's not really a book review, and I am not even sure they haven't been discussed here before, but I would like to draw attention to Thomas Lethbridge's writings on the supernatural.

Don't let the titles - including terms such as "ghosts and ghouls" or "dowsing" - scare you away.

They were very off-putting to me; but when I actually started reading some of them, I discovered a scientific yet open mind: a combination that is very rare, I am sorry to say.

I found about him in Colin Wilson's book Mysteries of the Occult which is written in a similar vein.
(He is probably Lethbridge's number one fan.)

Wilson is a bright, sceptical mind who knows that the current state of science does not have, not by far, the answers to all, or even most, of the mysteries of life. And so, like Lethbridge, he doesn't jump to conclusions - in any direction.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asnivor

About 5 years ago I bought a book in a charity shop by J.W. Dunne called 'An Experiment with Time'. I think it's one of the most interesting and thought provoking books I have ever read.

Amazon Link

From it's wikipedia page:

Just wanted you to know that Dunne's An Experiment With Time is finally available online, at the Internet Archive.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6   >>

join