It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we create unexplainable phenomenon subconsciously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I've been itching to post this for some time now, and this new forum seems like the perfect spot to do so.

First, let me pose a question: Is it possible that people actually create some of the paranormal, psychological, and other unexplained phenomenon themselves?

This notion first occurred to me when I was watching a bunch of episodes of Ghost Hunters. I observed that the TAPS members who were more likely to have an unexplainable experience during investigations seemed to be the ones who looked like they were seeking those experiences. Now what I am wondering is if there is some way that, for this example, two TAPS members sitting in an old dark building, could actually create the things they see and hear through some form of subconscious mental projection?

Another example of what I am getting at is prayer. I used to be a Christian, and I heard MANY stories about how prayer works, and some of the amazing things it could do. The most tangible of these things were health related, but there were other impressive prayer-related events as well. With prayer aren't we really dealing with a form of meditation, and maybe directed mental energies? If you have a church congregation of 300 people all praying and focusing on the same thing, could it actually create real results?

And what about people gathering at sacred sites, expecting some miracle to happen? Could all of that mental focus produce a tangible result in the form of a weeping statue, an apparition, or some other seemingly paranormal event?

There are, no doubt, other things that could be used to explain this. The law of attraction perhaps? Coincidence? I dunno. It just seems like there is some mental aspect to it all. I'd love to hear what others think.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow! Much food for thought!
Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 12-6-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I already made this point on this this thread

We create the the UFO's.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
if you're not a christian any more that is a big problem. why are no longer
gods' child. I don't neccessarily believe in ghosts. Although I do believe that demons have power. They have been given power to encourage us to do wrong things wether it be thru our friends or our own temptations. God said that to be absent from the body was to be prestent with the Lord. I believe that a persons soul goes to heaven or hell as soon as it departs from the body. I also believe that demons can impersonate poeple we know that have passed on or toy with our imaginations to make us dought the here after. After all that is thier goal. Satan only has a short time to win souls to hell. He can do it any way he can.i

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I beleive it's entirely possible.

Almost as if we are creating opportunities for our karma to work itself out.

Interesting premise. I'll see if I can dig anything else up on this.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
and in my thread, i discuss the idea that emotional state can affect the 'substance' of lucidity and the strange manifestations and hallucinations experienced within sleep paralysis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great thread, nice to link to other topics but binded together with the idea that thoughts or emotions can have effects on our reality.

Reality is surely a combination of individual perspectives, idea's and beliefs....

Great thread

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i've been mulling this exact thought over for the last few weeks weirdly enough as that is...

and from what i've gathered...maybe?

it is theorized when people encounter angels, demons, satan, god, or aliens, whatever energy takes on whatever form that fits the profile for each individual. meaning, if you were taught christianity your whole life, you are more likely to interpret negative energy as literal demons. someone else may see a ferocious black panther. who knows?

what seems to be the constant is the quality of the encounter. people seem to agree on what they witness as being positive or negative in terms of energies, feelings, vibes, or essences.

whether this positive or negative energy is external from humanity or merely a manifestation of our mind perceived in sliced glimpses of horror or fancy cannot really be determined or proved.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I believe in this and think that there is a collective consience. So much power into a thought by so many people and it manifests itself physcally. Even in your own world... you believe bad things always happen to you then they do. I guess the law of attraction applies here. It can be positive or negative depending on the thought and the intention behind it.

new topics

top topics

join