It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

five reasons why aliens might reach out to humankind via the islands of Japan first

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can't say any one nation will be the first to make official contact with aliens. However at least one person came up with five reasons why it might be Japan.

1. The Japanese are ready to greet them.

Part of Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba's national security strategy includes musings about how we'd respond to an alien attack under a pacifist constitution. Late last year, he told the press:

If they descended, saying 'People on Earth, let's make friends,' it would not be considered an unjust attack on our country. And there is another issue of how can we convey our intentions if we don't understand what they are saying. We should consider various possibilities.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura has also stated his firm belief that extraterrestrials do exist. The Japanese government has detailed official guidelines on what to do if we do indeed come in contact with extraterrestrials. sorce

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
to be blunt - 5 very stupid " reasons " , by reason 5 the are really scraping the bottom of the barrel

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes, I did not think the reasons held much weight. Just found the story kind of interesting, just where it is actually talking about ofishal alien contact.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

5. North Korea knows things the rest of us don't.

North Korea is rumored to have recently released a statement claiming that their nuclear reactor has the dual capability of communicating wirelessly with alien species up to 1,000 light years away in real time. Of course, we can't believe everything that the North Korean government says, but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were already communicating with other planets. If that's the case, it should be relatively easy for Japan, a neighboring country, to intercept their signals with laser pulses and let the world know definitively what Kim Jong Il has known for decades—that there is life beyond Earth.

I thought it was important for everyone to get a good laugh so I posted reason #5. Keep in mind North Korea agreed to shut down it's nuclear activities so unfortunately it won't be communicating with ET anymore. Of course communicating with aliens in "real time," via a signal which is confined to light speed, doesn't make any sense anyways.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That's a stargate alien, in that source.

Seeing that just instantly reduced any credibility it had to nothing, at least in my eyes.

Still, i wouldn't mind if it were the japanese who got alien contact, but i'd still prefer it if it were a little closer to home.

I want to be able to shake that pulsating, bulbous tendril with my own hand.

new topics

top topics

join