It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-----FORUM GUIDELINES-----

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wow...loved this forum...thanks for sharing this....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
very large forum, quite impressive.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Congratulations! This is absolutely brilliant!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well, I am very interested in this subject and matter, but no need to go on any further till I can wrap my head around this..."To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness" and here's the part I can't seem to fit into the other part of this paragraph... as a protection from propaganda...yes...as a protection from propaganda???

Yes, I sometimes am a little show and if you would could you please explain your meaning behind such a statement at the end there...if you would, that is? For all I know...it might be something real simple I am not seeing and or understanding in such said paragraph.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpiritForce1

TheSpiritForce1
To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness" and here's the part I can't seem to fit into the other part of this paragraph... as a protection from propaganda...yes...as a protection from propaganda???

The mind is full of preconceived ideas which have been picked up - things that are not necessarily true - I would say that is what 'propaganda' is.

If one believes what one has heard (what one has been fed by the outside world) one has eaten from the tree of knowledge.
One must find out what there is prior to all that appears in awareness/perception. If one is just listening to what one is being told one will hear many different things, one will not know what to believe as there are so many saying how you should be/shouldn't be or how the world should be/shouldn't be.
However, if one finds out what is really true and constant then one will not be troubled by what appears. One will not have to believe anything ever again - one will not buy into any thing when one has found that no thing is true.
It is That which things appear in that is true. All appears in and as awareness - no thing can appear outside perception.

The dreamer is true but any story appearing in the dream is not true.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

OK, now I think I see, The mind is full of preconceived ideas which have been picked up - things that are not necessarily true - as you would say, that is what 'propaganda' is...and to discuss it, is to protect us from it...as to present difference perceptions, one could have, into different awareness's is to make our own choices...of what is and or will be, as to our own belief systems.

Yes, got it now, as I was under the impression of a whole another thought system this might have fell under, but I see now we are on the right track here and I am...well, glad. TY.

PS...Sorry about that, but just checking.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

TheSpiritForce1

OK, now I think I see, The mind is full of preconceived ideas which have been picked up - things that are not necessarily true - as you would say, that is what 'propaganda' is...and to discuss it, is to protect us from it...as to present difference perceptions, one could have, into different awareness's is to make our own choices...of what is and or will be, as to our own belief systems.

Any belief system consists of ideas picked up.
Discussing more ideas and beliefs will only fill one up with more confusion - one must throw all beliefs away and be free to be what one is prior to any system.

Have you met Osho? In this video he explains to the interviewer that his mission is to remove all belief systems.

Know oneself without a belief and then one will never be offended or have to defend. Individuals are divided by their beliefs. They fight and would die for what they believe (propaganda is a war machine). Beliefs conflict. If one would rather have peace then one must find what one is prior to any belief system.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

As your Asho says, "Beliefs conflict. If one would rather have peace then one must find what one is prior to any belief system." and yes there you go, I know who I am, because I can prove who I am, as we all are, as A Spirit Being & or A Living Ghost, if you will, because we all are a Spirit Force of Energy...that can, in fact, be measured, as a greater Spirit Force of Energy by combining 2 Spirit Forces of Energy, as from even great distances and as the only thing that can be measured, as all else is but just an illusion of matter, as we know all matter is void of anything and these are just the facts of it all.

We all are A Spirit Being and made in God's image, as He is The Great Spirit Force of All Energy, as He is the very vibrating invisible middle of every Atom that keep them from even flying apart, as they would if He wasn't, as He is and as to all creation of this The Game of Life whereas you have winners and losers, as in the last days man will not have to live by mere faith alone, as it is written and as it will be made known by I...The Spirit Force, as A Spirit Force of Energy that can be proven and not just talked about or theorised by whomever, as most only seem to be able to do...talk about what they believe is The Truth!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I look forward to intricate involvement, and I hope to see others get involved with me as well! I'll be posting a new topic soon, that is my personal theory, that interweaves logic, philosophy, religion and science into one single idea.

Thanks for putting this together for us.

P.S.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.

Examples of some of the topics this Forum includes:

* Consciousness

* Epistemology or "The Study of Knowledge"

* The "soft-science" of Psychology in its many variations

* Philosophy old and new, east and west

* Fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation

* The Study of Social Organisms

* Well-being, Self-Empowerment, Metaphysics, Meditation

Other Purposes:

* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths

* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.

* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming

* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.

* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude

* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.

* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.

* To explore: What is reality?

Some Encyclopedic Definitions from Wikipedia:

Epistemology or theory of knowledge is a branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and scope of knowledge.

Much of the debate in this field has focused on analyzing the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief, and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge. In other words, epistemology primarily addresses the following questions: "What is knowledge?", "How is knowledge acquired?", and "What do people know?"

Consciousness is a state that defies definition, but which may involve thoughts, sensations, perceptions, moods, emotions, dreams, and an awareness of self, although not necessarily all of these

The issue of what consciousness is, and to what extent and in what sense it exists, is the subject of much research in philosophy of mind, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence.

Psychology is an academic and applied discipline involving the study of mental processes and behavior

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy investigating principles of reality transcending those of any particular science. Cosmology and ontology are traditional branches of metaphysics. It is concerned with explaining the ultimate nature of being and the world.[1]

The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.

Even in cases of strong disagreement with other participants, an attitude of respect and decorum is expected.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

if nothing else thanks for starting this specific forum

It is a shelter in the otherwise out of control forums that is now ATS.
edit on 25-5-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi, new member here. I can't seem to start a new thread?!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am very happy that I found this forum. Looking forward to some interesting discussions. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Only reason I'm here

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not trying to troll, but how does Bruce Jenner and his/her sex change fall into these forum threads? Metaphysics is a great topic and probably my most knowledgeable on here... After reading this OP I can't help but have a flashback to that topic being in here, and me laughing about it and wondering why it wasn't moved. I guess he metaphysically changed from a boy to a girl. Man, I didn't know it was that simple. ;P

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i need help, i can't post a thread

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinitescale
i need help, i can't post a thread

You must make a few posts first before being able to post a thread. If you read a few threads, you'll be sure to find something worth talking about

Welcome aboard

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well, I just joined but I'm quite impressed by the size of this forum! I love talking about spirituality, metaphysics, consciousness. Guess I will spend a lot of time here

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
New to this site and forum! Hello to all. I am very much looking forward to getting to know my way around here and read some amazing threads!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hello everyone!! I’m a new/old member meaning I’ve been reading threads on ATS for years but just made an account. I have many stories like this and I can’t wait to finally share!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join