It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-----FORUM GUIDELINES-----

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.

Examples of some of the topics this Forum includes:

* Consciousness

* Epistemology or "The Study of Knowledge"

* The "soft-science" of Psychology in its many variations

* Philosophy old and new, east and west

* Fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation

* The Study of Social Organisms

* Well-being, Self-Empowerment, Metaphysics, Meditation

Other Purposes:

* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths

* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.

* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming

* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.

* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude

* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.

* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.

* To explore: What is reality?

Some Encyclopedic Definitions from Wikipedia:

Epistemology or theory of knowledge is a branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and scope of knowledge.

Much of the debate in this field has focused on analyzing the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief, and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge. In other words, epistemology primarily addresses the following questions: "What is knowledge?", "How is knowledge acquired?", and "What do people know?"

Consciousness is a state that defies definition, but which may involve thoughts, sensations, perceptions, moods, emotions, dreams, and an awareness of self, although not necessarily all of these

The issue of what consciousness is, and to what extent and in what sense it exists, is the subject of much research in philosophy of mind, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence.

Psychology is an academic and applied discipline involving the study of mental processes and behavior

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy investigating principles of reality transcending those of any particular science. Cosmology and ontology are traditional branches of metaphysics. It is concerned with explaining the ultimate nature of being and the world.[1]

The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.

Even in cases of strong disagreement with other participants, an attitude of respect and decorum is expected.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Skyfloating]
edit on 8.11.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.

The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.

Great work and congratulations Skyfloating, you started it and you succeed.
strrd and flggd.
I am convinced that with such a broad range of these very interesting subjects there must be very good and interesting discussions lying ahead.
I really look forward to them.

[edit on 12/6/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Without a doubt, one of your finest moments, Sky.

Congrats well deserved.

This must surely really open the floodgates on what's been going on to all of us.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh dear, i think i just wet myself

Very nice new forum
Thanks for starting it up ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Congratulations on getting this started. I plan to spend a lot of time here.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have been quietly watching the developments leading up to this forum being approved.
I'm very excited about this! Good work, and congratulations Skyfloating. I, too, will be dwelling in this forum a lot.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Great forum, will check it often!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I get this feeling I will be hanging around this forum a good bit.

Wait, maybe that's what I'm supposed to do... is this some grand scheme to pull me away from the other forums? Maybe I should boycott it... no, that would mean it's a conspiracy to make sure my voice is silenced by moving issues away from me... I'm not paranoid if everyone really is out to get me, right?

Seriously, great job Sky. Five thumbs-up.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Its a secret agenda to attract more intelligent I look forward to the topics you guys have lined up and will be posting some stuff myself in the weeks to come.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
SKyfloating, Thanks for doing this. I have been peppering people myself to have this topic outside of skunkworks. Too many bright minded people get lumped into a "crazies" forum even when they are rational but open minded individuals. Many cruise the vast innerverse of the mind, and a jungian-like method to their "madnesses", needs a home.

Please consider me for a forum moderator here, I would love to be of some help.

My Thanks,

-ADHDsux4me

JSR

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
maybe im missing it, but where is the forum located? has it not been created yet?

i need to add it to my customized recent post list of favorites, so i dont miss it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
maybe im missing it, but where is the forum located? has it not been created yet?

i need to add it to my customized recent post list of favorites, so i dont miss it.

You're posting on it right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great work, CONGRATULATIONS ! I'm sure it will be a very interesting and eye opening forum which i'm sure i will spend a great amount of time in. Thanks again,

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You got my star! Hey will you be sorting the paranormal threads and selectively be moving over the ones that pertain?

Great work, great vision

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Congratulations Sky. Job well done.

I am so excited about this forum I'm practically beside myself.

This, I'm sure, will be my favorite forum.

Thank you and the others responsible for making this forum a reality.

Marilyn

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

It sure appear on the "boards" page sooner or later.

Until then, HERE IT IS

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good on ya, nice and congratulations on a job well done.

Let me dust off my Alan Watts.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
You got my star! Hey will you be sorting the paranormal threads and selectively be moving over the ones that pertain?

At another time some of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Please consider me for a forum moderator here, I would love to be of some help.

Well, myself not being a Moderator here it´ll be difficult considering you as one :

But maybe one day...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow! Just noticed that this new forum is up already and when I saw that, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets!

I applaud your effort and campaigning to get this new sub-forum up and going Skyfloating!

Can't wait to jump in!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join