It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious fatal strokes in 3 U.S states baffle docs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.canada.com...
Mysterious fatal strokes in 3 U.S states baffle docs
Tom Spears , Canwest News Service
Published: Tuesday, June 10

People in three southern U.S. states are facing a health threat no one can explain: an abnormally high risk of suffering a fatal stroke - even among tourists just visiting the region.

Residents and visitors alike in near-coastal areas of North and South Carolina and Georgia have a stroke risk at least 10 per cent higher than people in other U.S. states.

And when local people leave the area, even for a short trip, their risk of a fatal stroke drops.

Tourists enjoying pleasant weather on Topsail Beach, North Carolina. People in three southern U.S. states are facing a health threat no one can explain: an abnormally high risk of suffering a fatal stroke - even among tourists just visiting the region.

Since short visits don't change a person's weight, blood pressure or diabetic status, researchers are literally wondering whether there's something in the local air or water.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Interesting. maybe its the caused from paying the price of gas down there.

Heat? Humidity? Those always take their toll on me.

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, heat and humidity are certainly factors in a stroke, but why then wouldn't other areas, more noted for their heat have the same results?

Could it be that their diets are so bad, they can't help but eat healthier once they're out of the "stroke belt"? And tourists coming in feel compelled to eat as the locals do?
Nah, thats pretty far fetched aswell.

Maybe theres some form of bacteria we're not aware of at play here.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I wonder about red tide and while I know they shut beaches in high flowerings of it... what would a smaller exposure to it do?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I dont mean to be conspiritorial but what kind of projects take place in those areas as far as R&D in sciences... private and militarily?

Im with johnsky
Heat and humidity are all over the place now that its summer time so.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A cerebral vascular accident AKA 'a stroke' is a complex acculmination of many factors that leads to blood supply to the brain being reduced or halted altogether. This results in cerebral infarction (tissue death) and is what causes the symptoms.. i.e. loss of motor skills, eye sight, movement, all depending on what areas area affected by the lack of blood supply.

For any locality to have a raised risk on entrance to a specific area for visitors is a massive warning that some thing is clearly not right here.

To be healthy, enter an area and have a raised 10% (thats a huge number in health terms) risk of a stroke...

If this is due to haemmorhagic CVA events (blood vessels bursting) i would take a good long hard look at my environment and examine in detail my food supply / water supply.

What ever this is, it certainly is strange, and some thing the local authorities really need to look into.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I still think its brought on by the price of gas down there.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Isnt NC where they keep having hordes of dolphins or whales washing up on shore dead?

If i had to venture a guess, id say military testing of some sort. But ya know, its a conspiracy site. I had to throw it out there.

Silver

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Background and Purpose The factors that contribute to the Stroke Belt—a concentration of high stroke mortality rates in the southeastern United States—remain unidentified. Previous hypotheses that focused on physical properties of the area have not been confirmed. This study describes changes in the locations of areas with the highest rates of stroke mortality and the implications for new hypotheses regarding the Stroke Belt.
stroke.ahajournals.org...

Seems that the stroke belt shifts.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

There always, ELF, HAARP (which I hear can reach anywhere), cloud seeding (chem trails) and all sorts of GM Monsanto-style chemical shenanigans and the like.

The list is never-ending in a good CT site!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i live in eastern north carolina and this is first i heard of it. maybe something in water supply alot of coastal com munities around here the water tastes funny which is why i never drink it. maybe food supply we are known for our seafood buffets and our chopped pork "barbeque".
qe have lots of polluters a big phosfurus mine a weyhauser pulp mill lots of military bases. pick one

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I believe there is an electromagnetic anomaly there that is the cause.

There is a stone called Unakite in the region that is quite rare on the Earth and it may speak to something unusual in the geological record of this region.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I wonder about red tide and while I know they shut beaches in high flowerings of it... what would a smaller exposure to it do?

You know, this is the first thing that came to mind when I read that article.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I agree. They should check the food, water and air. Those really are the only things residents and tourists have in common in the affected areas.

Also what Pellevoisin said about the electromagnetic anomalies could very well be true also.

The conspiracy theories on this are interesting too. Could be military testing. I haven't heard about the dolphins and whales washing on shore dead. Is there a news article or something about this?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"The Happening" anyone? Minus the suicide, maybe the plants are striking back
www.apple.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I moved to Charleston from LA a few years ago and I have had some strange symptoms since I have been here.. I always figured it was the pollen and it probably is.. but when my sister moved here she started getting really bad migraines and I started getting migraines as well.. Very strange... Migraines are closely related to strokes from what I have heard... I even had an MRI done... I am fairly young.. Maybe this is why the US chooses Charleston as its nuclear terrorism training location every year...which is really strange IMO... maybe they want to cover something up.. Charleston used to have a nuclear sub base here.. maybe one leaked in the ocean or an inlet or something... And I thought I was moving here to get away from pollution...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I worked at a store here, NW GA, for a while a few years back and noted that every single female who worked there had an operation to remove their gall bladders, and I am talking about from age 16 to 70. I used to say all the time that I would not drink the water from that side of town! Also on the street that I grew up on, every household has had at least 1 death from biological cancer. I was not suprised about that, black goo used to get on your shoes if you crossed your own yard, we were told for years it was caused by the land having formerly been a swamp. Come to find out it was because GE was polluting the ground, and all these many years later, after they closed the GE plant and discovered the central locations of the contamination, GE came back and is making an effort to clean up the toxic crap they left behind.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Also, let us not forget the waffle house to person ratio in North Carolina is like 3.6 to 1. That has got to affect everyone....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Gall bladder removal ? thats not right surely ? The gall bladder is needed to produce the bile that we digest fats from our foods with.

Gall bladder surgery is common ?

As for the sub base, the toxic waste left by GE, the strange migraines...

Some things really not right in your part of the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Could it be living in the south is bad for your health?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join