It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising sea levels would make Arctic ice free by 2030

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Rising sea levels would make Arctic ice free by 2030

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

WASHINGTON: Some scientists believe that without action to stave off climate change, all of the year-round ice in the Arctic could be gone by as early as 2030, thanks to resulting rise in sea levels around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So its a warning to the world that its already too late wake up or sink in the water as it happen the water level of seal get increased and we saw more floods around the planet..)))))))))))Global worming is rea.........................l

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
its old news arctic will be ice free in summer 2008

environment.newscientist.com...
english.people.com.cn...

and ipcc said in 2004 that it would melt by 2100.
lol @ man made global warming

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Global worming is rea.........................l

Worming? Sorry I was just checked for worms and I'm all clean.

As to the topic, I think this clearly indicates a warming pattern. The real question is, are we humans to blame? I think the jury is still out on that, however I feel the future would be more productive if people accepted warming as a reality and stopped trying to build below sea-level like New Orleans. We need to put more resources into studying exactly how much oceans may rise..

Overpeck and his colleagues have used computer models to create a series of maps that show how susceptible coastal cities and island countries are to the sea rising at different levels. The maps show that a 1-meter (3-foot) rise would swamp cities all along the U.S. eastern seaboard. A 6-meter (20-foot) sea level rise would submerge a large part of Florida.
source

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Does anyone understand the properties of ice? And the fact that scientists who ever they are, are saying if the ice melts the sea level will rise so much that we will be under water? NOT GUNNA HAPPEN

Well ~87.5 % of the ice of the ice sheild is UNDERWATER there for the sea level is already high. the amount that it does melt will not make that big of a difference.

Lets see how this plays out though

top topics

join