It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow home secretary David Davis resigns as MP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infidel 101
It’s a ballsy move fraught with danger, but a maverick Conservative with such a big, but single agenda must be truly frightening to ZanuNL.

Davis will succeed with overwhelming results.

Thank you for the 'ZanuNL' reference. I must use that in the future!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cannot claim that particular title, the internet is full of it. But yes I do agree that David Davis will win through. Its just a shame that one principled man has been drawn to this position in the face of a government I would personally like to be weighed against ducks, and a media infested with their supporters.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
My only problem with this is that it MAY be one of the shrewdest ever political moves if he has ambitions to run as leader at some point in the future.

Of course it's partly political. He's a politician after all, and even a cursory glance at the polls show Labour has no chance and the Lib Dems aren't going to fight the seat. Mathematically it's almost impossible for him to lose because the fringe parties (UKIP, BNP, Respect) won't get a look-in.

But I hope there is principle behind Davis's decision. He's right to take a stand on 42 days. It's certainly totally unexpected but it's not as risky as it sounds. Like I said, if you do the maths, he's going to win... and win big.

And, to be fair to Labour, a lot of people rebelled despite the concessions offered. Diane Abbott, Labour MP for Hackney North, gave a scathing speech against the bill that one Tory claimed was the best speech he'd heard during his time in the Commons. The Lib Dems rolled out the big guns too... Ming Campbell made a very good speech (he shouldn't have been deposed!), stating that you shouldn't repeal liberties to defend them... it's a fundamental contradiction.

[edit on 12/6/08 by Ste2652]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He even said that he believes forty two days will be rejected. He is fighting against the wider disgust against Britain that is ZanuNL. I wish him well.

This isn't just that vote Stalin bought, its a bigger issue.Lets see what he does when he's back in.

I will personally be sending his campaign my beer tokens for a month.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I woke up ninety mornings ago and after showering sat down at the breakfast bar with my bowl of Muesli and the TV switched to BBC 24. There was some lovely looking woman on the TV telling me the ruling party had condemned a politician for playing a stunt to soothe his ego, the women subtly agreed that this politician was wasting his time but I didn’t really care, all politicians are the same anyway.

Anyway I finished my Muesli and stepped outside for a cigarette, my back pressed against the door to stop my suit getting wet in the November rain. It had been illegal to smoke in a house if children where present for some time now, while I agreed that it was for the best I did think it was a pain in winter. I finished the cigarette and rushed to my car.

My car is linked by GPS to the central office at DVLA. My journey is recorded and I am priced per mile travelled, I also cannot break the speed limit, I am fined for each infraction and could ultimately loose my licence. I stopped in at the shop on my way to work to buy some more cigarettes and the guy behind the counter ask me what brand I would like. Marlboro Lights I said and with that the man behind the counter disappeared through a door at the back of the shop and shortly returned with a single packet of cigarettes, I asked him apologetically if we would mind going back for a few cans of lager and without looking at me he turned on his heels and shortly reappeared with a pack of beer. He asked me for my ID card then processed my credit card before returning it to me with a courteous smile and a thank you.

It was still raining outside so again I rushed to the car and flung myself into the seat. I was only ten minutes away from work and was looking forward to another day, another dollar.

But it wasn’t to be. Two minutes away from work a Ford Mondeo that I had noticed seemed to be going my way suddenly turned on flashing blue lights concealed behind the grille. I could hear a siren too. I stopped obviously and waited for the man I could see wearing a paramilitary uniform and a gun to approach my car. He was polite I must say, he asked me for my ID card which I happily supplied and then asked me to join him in his car for a moment. I sat there in the back of the car for ten minutes or so with him and his colleague asking general questions, but then he asked me if I had downloaded a terrorist manual from the internet. I was shocked, but I said yes, explaining that I had downloaded it from the US DOD website and it was for research purposes, he then read me my rights.

I spent 90 days solitary confinement in a small cell with a concrete bed and a small sink and toilet. They fed me well I suppose but the boredom and isolation combined with the fear that I may be spending the next ten years in a cell like this played hard on my mind, it was torture in a small way and the daily hour spent in the interrogation room being asked the same questions over and over again did not help. These people knew everything about me, absolutely everything, where I drove and when, what routes I took and even what I bought when I stopped at shops. They knew my friends and my family and what they did and spent, most importantly they knew which websites I visited. They knew where I had got the terrorist manual, but I was still here.

Ninety days later I am sat at the breakfast bar eating my muesli and watching the news on the BBC. They let me go because of insufficient evidence thank god but I was scared. The news today is that a Scottish man has been beaten and then set fire to before he died, the police say it is not a racially motivated crime but they are holding four Muslim men.

They said they were going to watch me in future and if I downloaded anything else related to terrorism again my stay at Her Majesties Pleasure would be very much longer. So I’m selling the car for cash, emptying my bank and buying a boat. I intend to drop below the radar and keep my footprint small. I live in a fascist state and I didn’t know it ninety days ago. I hear the politician who took a stand was the victim of a character assassination, some woman is claiming he had an affair with her and that is why he resigned. They say it was a smoke screen by a disingenuous man.

This isn’t real, but it could be. A young Muslim man was held for six days for downloading an Al Qaeda manual from a US government website, he was also warned if he did it again he would be in trouble, he downloaded it for his PHD on terrorism. The government do want to place GPS in every car, they say they want it for taxation purposes but it can be used to track people. They can also see what you spend and where if you use a credit or debit card. They can also demand video footage of you buying your goods. If you live in a large town or city and visit the centre they can track you on foot too.

The BBC is also a propaganda machine for the left. David Davis is subject to a character assassination, this is a egotistical stunt they say and the media, especially the BBC are pushing that agenda. I have also heard rumours he is having an affair.

Finally a young white Scottish man was beaten and burned alive by a gang of Muslim men, there was also a young white student who was beaten to death by Muslims, and the judge said it was not a racist attack, even though a witness claimed the gang shouted that they had killed a white man. I’m not calling Muslims; I’m calling a system that is unfair and biased. I’m calling a system that the government supports.

Don’t look at the laws in isolation, or even at the laws that have been passed. Look at the laws this government put forward in their pure form and put them together in a package. Look at it and ask if you want it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

Of course it's partly political. He's a politician after all, and even a cursory glance at the polls show Labour has no chance and the Lib Dems aren't going to fight the seat. Mathematically it's almost impossible for him to lose because the fringe parties (UKIP, BNP, Respect) won't get a look-in.

[edit on 12/6/08 by Ste2652]

I do agree there is no risk regarding his re-election but, to sacrifice his position within the shadow cabinet was risky for his career.
Also, he must have known the media would attack him along with the establishment.....VERY DANGEROUS.
Its true to say this could all be more smoke and mirrors...after all he is a politician (social manipulation engineer). But, the message is sound and deserves support IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Infidel 101

Good post Infidel. We may disagree on Europe, but we're in the same boat when it comes to Labour and their quasi-communist ideas.

Have a star

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thank you for the star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join