It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Added: Alchemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Knocked this one up today...

It kinda covers several categories actually due to its depth and history and approach to a lot of things, but in the end, I thought secret societies was the best place ..

seeing as you coul;d have been hung drawn and quartered or burnt at the stake for heresy for practicing this type of thing...

Anyway, here it is.. Alchemy

Edit to add:

set category for tinwiki.org...
Changed 'ENCOUNTERS' to Encounters.

set category; tinwiki.org...

Ummmm... what's this doing here..apart from looking tasty?
tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set category and paragrpahs; tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

George H.W. Bush has a set cat of Categories: People | Politicians
but no category listing for that is shown on main tinwiki page.

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set cat tinwiki.org...

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Extralien]

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nice article I was thinking of doing one on that but forgot
I have a memory like a sive. I did'nt know much about them, but now I do. Great Article.

Fox

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have several books on it. It's fascinating to read about.

You'll be amazed at some of the ideas these alchemists had though..
Especially some of the names and descriptions of the images and what you actually see in the image.

A lot of it tends to go towards ideas of an almost 'incestuous' nature in order to achieve this balance of being both male and female.

It seems to me that the physical DNA knowledge of the human design had been previously established and that they knew we all really are already both male and female, yet it appears that the idea of eternal life comes into play when the male and female can truly exist as one rather than being two seperate parts..

In other words, a pure natural balance of divine harmony. Your spiritual self would no longer be in turmoil due to the chemical imbalance of the two bodies.

Males suffer one set of hormones, females another...and it just seems obvious that the blending of the two sets of hormones would work with each other rather than each against the individual.

The sexual conotations in a majority of the images kind of contradicts itself though, although a majority of it is designed to express an alchemic process rather than a physical act, but there are a few that do only suggest a physical act.

The images alone are absolutely amazing to see. It's not just a few random drawings. A lot of people have spent a lot of time to painstakingly set out and draw these images in such a manner that all you ever need to know and learn is there..without a single word being written.

Fascinating stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So does this mean that your going to be adding more on that article ? If so give em a shout, ill be looking

One again, great article

Fox

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I could add more, problem with alchemy is that it's mostly imagery..

Subjects like people, history, places, teachings, practices etc can be expanded upon, and so could the images themselves I suppose..

But it's the images that are most important... all the gumph about a stone and elixir of life is more symbolic than an actual physical action. But, there is not really any evidence to say that either side of the coin is the real face value.

Does make you ask one thing though...where did the Egyptians get all that gold for King Tut's face mask?... plus all their other items too..

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
add 'bold' to Flight 19 in first line; set category and 3 RDT's on tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

set cat; tinwiki.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I am giving you 10,000 pts. for the article you wrote on Alchemy. It really is outstanding. I am also giving you 2,500 pts. for the edits and improvements you have been making. Just as an acknowledgment of the excellent work you have been doing.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Thank you very much indeed.

It was good to write that. Not often I get to talk about a subject that I feel is a major influence over most of todays secret societies and dastardly deeds

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gold added to TinWiki as part of the expansion on alchemy.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The alchemy is very interesting, as well the article on gold. I found it very interesting the history. I hadn't really thought about some of the things you pointed out in the article. It is really fascinating. Excellent addition.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just sorted out my images onto wiki's main image page...but I noticed something about my gold article.

Why has it been moved to the fix section and who has changed the opening paragraph? I've looked in the recent changes bit but fail to see who last edited that page to change the text.

If there is a problem with any of my work, please inform me so I can make relevant changes to save everyone else the bother, or at least let me know what it is that I've done that's wrong/not acceptable/needs a re-think...

I have the original text for that gold section.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

It looks like Optiumist changed the opening paragraph and added the fix banner. Link. I am sure he will explain why he made those changes.

EDIT: In fact Optimist did explain why he made those changes. If you look at the pages discussion page you will see why he did what he did. If you disagree with what he did, or have any comments about it you should ask him about it there.

Gold Talk

[edit on 6-22-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Extralien,

First I want to say I think it's great that tinWiki has information about alchemy now. I don't know anything about the topic, but at some point I came across some information somewhere that pointed out that it's really about a much wider "mystical" area than just creating gold.

About my edits to your Gold article, they are not because your article is not good, but are because of style and language guidelines. Before I comment on that, note that your original article version is kept here.

Article introductions, specifically the first sentence, should state immediately what the topic is. In an article about Gold, the first sentence should be something like "Gold is a metal". Your original introduction uses a different type of first sentence, which I have therefore changed. Two other style issues with your original version is that the language some places talks from First Person to Second Person, which is when a sentence talks to "you", like in "have you ever wondered". The language style should be from a neutral point of view, in that sense. That means that, instead of "have you ever wondered", the sentence should say "some people wonder". The perspective should not be that of the writer talking to the reader, but should be like from, if I can put it like this, some camera floating out in the air. Neutral observations reported without a personal point of view, just summing up facts, basically, is more encyclopedic. The second issue is abbreviations, for example "wasn't". All words should be spelled out, for example "wasn't" should be "was not", and so on. Questions should also be avoided in an encyclopedic article.

These are style issues relating to the encyclopedic writing form, though, not quality issues. Looking away from the topic of encyclopedic language style, I definitely think your article is very interesting and presents information in a good way. Much of the article also does talk in a way that seems very appropriate for an encyclopedic article.

I hope this reply answers you in a fairly good way. (I have also commented briefly in the article discussion here.)

Optimist

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ah I see..
Thank you very much for clearing that up.

I stand corrected and more clear on future attempts

cheers for that..

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alchemy updated;

sections on 'improving the metals' and 'chaos' have been added.

More to follow sometime in the future...bit tied up right now as some of you know, but just got hold of one of my books on the matter and will add as time allows

top topics

join