It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul won Presidential Election...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Do you believe that if Ron Paul won Presidential election he would be able to abolish the Federal Reserve during his term? IMO the chances are not very good being that so many profit from it. Whenever Dr. Paul speaks on the subject when appearing on various networks nobody has anything to say about it like its the ELEPHANT in the room. My belief is that not many citizens know how the Fed works therefore are unwilling to talk about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can only repeat what I have said in the past . In the unlikely event that Paul was elected president the only policy he could implement would be the US withdrawl from Iraq . None of his other major policy planks would fly would Congress . Paul would be a lame duck president from day one .

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sadly, the "lame duck" assessment is an accurate one. Won't keep me from writing his name on the ballot, but although his policies are excellent, without counterparts in Congress going for the same message, his only hope would be limited reform in the way of Executive Agreements.

He'd have to really educate the public on the Fed in order to get public support for abolishing it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
He'd either be a lame duck OR the power of the people behind him and his REAL CHANGES (not 'change' as rhetoric) would shame congress into action.

I'm still going to write him in (have to use an absentee ballot I'm told).

Ron Paul - for REAL change!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm still going to write him in (have to use an absentee ballot I'm told).

Me too.

I don't think you can "write in" with the electronic ballots, which is just yet another tool the two-party system uses which is COMPLETELY against the principles of the Constitution, and should further reinforce why we need to kill the status-quo.

top topics

join