It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has been conducting cross-scripting injection attacks ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It looks like ATS may have been hit by the recent Chinese cross-scripting attacks that embed a script in your database.

It causes your website to not display images and stop short of showing all the content, while sending the script some feedback to China.

My business site had the same symptoms, but I cleaned up my dbase and fixed it.

I cleaned the database to well as I cannot find the script to display here for reference, but look in your database fields and you will not miss it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Here is the script Chinese hackers have been embedding in content (in the database) via injection attacks (script tags are removed):

------------

Notice the ".cn" extension is a Chinese site. The script is Java script.

Search for this script everywhere in your database/content.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I just finished reading about the hacking on CNN.

Report from CNN

Video CNN

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
well, we've made numerous threads which have inflammed and attracted Chinese nationalists about Tibet and Falun Gong.

I would not be surprised if this site has been hacked.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It looks like ATS may have been hit by the recent Chinese cross-scripting attacks that embed a script in your database.

Does it really?

Please give us some indication of proof to back up your claim that ATS has been hit.

Otherwise, your claim here is nothing but speculation.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hmmm, Unlike the US GovernmentI don't think that Admin got their computer parts on Ebay.
Sorry but this site more than likely has not gotten hacked by the chinese.

However, I suppose anything is possible including the possibility that your side of things is the area of the infection or security breach and not ATS. So far I have not experienced the issues you have described. All content has been showing up on my end.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
From the Micr$oft Forums...

Our nonprofit website was attacked a couple of weeks ago. The include file I was using to open the database and run SQL statements to generate dynamic content had been left open.

The "virus" truncates all text fields at 30 characters and adds the following: *script src=h-t-t-p-:-//www.dota11.cn/m.js>

top topics

join