It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you treat people in "real life" like you treat them on ATS/BTS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i'm actually slightly more of a prick in real life . . 'cause in real life people can't put me on ignore and i take full advantage of that!

besides being a bit more blunt and unforgiving, i'm pretty much the same though.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Actually,
My field of work takes me to some fairly rough places and I deal with a much harsher enviroment than your average person. Words over four letters are seen as extravagant and unnecesary and a four syllable word gives some of my associates cramps. They are not bad people but it is what it is. I am actually forced to be more circumspect in my efforts at communication and more thoughtful in my delivery when I am on ATS/BTS because of the rules. I still get to have my say but it is delivered in a more.....appropriate...... manner.
Some of the issues you are speaking of come from meanness and a one sided way of thinking but most of those people will eventually tire and leave. The patient and open minded members are more likely to stick with something like ATS/BTS because it is interesting and informative.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Even though I am very irritating to some on here ...in real life I get people down right irate ....some here seem to be so very lost that they are just about reprobate ...(the new generation of Einsteins ) have no hope ..no direction ...they just exist ..and that makes me sad ..I can actually feel their hopelessness when they post ...their own intellegence is really all they feel like they have ..*(all they are doing is bragging on their selves and it really does make them look foolish) and I feel sorry for them .....and maybe that is all they have ..they are missing SOUL though .......so I try to be nicer to them than anyone I know in real life (because I have not met anyone in real life quite like some people are on ATS) ..they are definately extreme ........

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I try and be at my best when posting something are talking to someone,otherwise I'd probably be banned or something,I'm a very amiable person but I do have my times when I act like a hot headed Cuban,even though I'm a Basque lol,but when people meet me in person they aren't what they expected,lol at least I look better in real life then on a computer

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Perhaps you see them as hopeless and without direction when they actually aren't. Just a thought.

Back on topic with me though, I am exactly the same way in real life as I am on here. I have a big mouth and can't seem to keep it closed when I have something to say, so I have a problem keeping my fingers off the keys when I come here and see something that I know to be false being touted as truth or see someone else being attacked for their opinions or for stating facts simply because the attacker doesn't agree.

But I do tend to use nicer language on here than I do in real life, I'm less likely to outright call someone an ass here than if I were face to face with said ass. I also find it hard to talk with my hands like I usually do since they are so busy typing... Still working on a way to do both, but I haven't figured that one out yet. I'm open to suggestions there.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am so much meaner in real life than i am on here.In my opinions and how i express them anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I think that I treat people in real life like I do on ATS/BTS. I certainly don't get involved in as many peoples conversations in real life but when I do, it is a similar experience.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing though.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No, in real life i talk in a far less formal manner.

Also in real life i literally have never had a discussion even loosely related to what people here on ATS like to talk about.

The people from my school don't know that I actively post in many forums, like ATS, for intelligent debating about a wide variety of subjects... mostly religion...

But, long story short... No.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Crap i double posted and dont klnow how to delete posts

[edit on 3/12/08 by Gregor100]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
To some extent I treat people the same, however, I use a lot more foul language in reality than here.
And, as of late, I notice my patience wearing very thin.
I try to stay off the boards if I feel I'm in no mood to be posting.
Apparently I have a short fuse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join