It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama was born in Kenya! Proof to be rolled out shortly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by alienstar

His mother was a U.S. citizen thus HE IS ONE! End of discussion people. God!
There's no need to invoke the Lord's name over the issue. If Barack is a US citizen as you claim and not born in Kenya, why get all upset over people discussing the issue in an open and frank matter?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't think we need to worry. If the Clinton's couldn't dig up dirt on Obama no one can!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl
I don't think we need to worry. If the Clinton's couldn't dig up dirt on Obama no one can!
Exactly! If what he says is true, then there's not a problem. And if that's actually the case, I wish him and all of us all the best of luck over the next four years.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Prior to that Hawai'i was an American territory. Just like Puerto Rico - a Puerto Rican person could be president just fine, because they were born in a United States holding, to United States citizens.

This stuff is just as goofy as the John McCain "born in Panama" thing... EVEN IF you are born overseas, so long as your parents are American citizens, you are considered to be an American citizen as well.

Title 6, Section 1401 of the U.S. Code defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
Anyone born inside the United States
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Even IF his mother cranked him out in Kenya (Or Bangladesh, or Queen Maude's Land) Obama is still a natural-born American citizen under US law.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Even IF his mother cranked him out in Kenya (Or Bangladesh, or Queen Maude's Land) Obama is still a natural-born American citizen under US law.

But that's never really been the point. Those demanding his birth-certificate are doing it in hopes of somehow finding proof he was born a "muslim."

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

But that's never really been the point. Those demanding his birth-certificate are doing it in hopes of somehow finding proof he was born a "muslim."

Is that what you're afraid of? I never even gave that matter a second thought until you mentioned it.. I guess that would make him out to be a bit dishonest wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

If so, the GOP is pretty much coming out and telling it's base "you guys are stupid bigots. Look what we found for you!"

Bring it on. It'll just be another "first" to pin on our 44th president.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Don't you think that if Obama was born outside the US that it'd be very easy to prove.

If obama wasnt eligible for presidentcy, why would he bother trying.

Unless you are also insinuating that he's the most cunning and sly invidivdual the world has ever known

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Feel like denying some ignorance?

The truth about Barack's birth certificate
Lie:

Obama Is Not a Natural Born Citizen
Truth:

Senator Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, after it became a state on August 21st, 1959. Obama became a citizen at birth under the first section of the 14th Amendment

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I don't see where you get that BT. It doesn't mention dual citizenship at all.

I think the point of the article is that they are pointing out GOP dirty tricks. It says here...

The GOP hopes to make the claim that Senator Obama is not eligible to become President of the United States because he was born in a foreign country, or, at the very least, plant the seed in the voters' minds that Obama is a foreigner even if the charge is false.

I think it was a preemptive strike after hearing a rumor about it. This seems to be the game play this year. Put out accusations without any evidence, just to create the meme out there.

This is negative campaigning at it's worst and we are seeing it on this very site. In my opinion it is worthless and isn't changing anyone's mind. All that is going on is more political bickering.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Good point Hal. It is a silly argument. Especially considering that Senator McCain was born in the Philippines.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by flashback

He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, but I know what your saying.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh crud. I knew that, but someone misdirected me in another thread. Thanks for correcting me, I try to stay all about facts. I appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Actually that is not totally true. If when his mother married the indonesian, she became a citizen of Indonesia, then so would have Obama. There are many details found but I will just let you wonder why play the hand yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The least experienced senator who ignores Constitutional rights should not be president. That his wife is a racist and he has been friends with anti-american radicals for many years is not comforting.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Obama was born in Kenya? Laughable at best.

Juan McCain was born in Panama, so if its true [Obama] was born in Africa we currently have a choice between 2 foreign nationals.

Gotta love the us of a.

[edit on 6/14/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I wonder who fthey sent to Kenya? Was is G. Gordon Liddy again?

-----

Mod Edit - Thread Closed. Please Refer to
The Definitive "Birth Certificate" Thread

[edit on 7/0708/08 by neformore]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join