It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Latest on the Liberty Dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey does anyone have any updates on the liberty dollar. The story is from Nov of 2007 on a thread that is here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically the government went in and raided this guys gold and silver and never charged the guy with anything and last I heard they were auctioning off his stuff. Ive tried searching on the internet and cant find ANY information. Did this guy ever go to jail? Did he ever get is stuff back? Any info is appreciated in this declaration of war on the people from the government.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My bro had ordered 50 one-dollar copper pieces (just before the raid) and said he received an email about a month ago from them stating something to the effect of 'we don't even have a record of what you ordered as all of the computers were also confiscated'. My brother didn't save the email though.

He did order and receive a few 20 dollar Ron Paul silver pieces before this went down, one of which I am now the proud owner of.

Strange though, that no charges or arrests seem to have been made.
I have looked, but haven't been able to find any current information on what is happening with this.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That is what I dont get. They robbed these people and never arrested them. There was a rumor that Bernard had a meeting with the FBI and since then it has gone dead. Thats why Im curious on this because I dont think legally they could do anything to this guy. Maybe Ill try and send this guy an email and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey there, mybigunit, I've come across this article. Looks like some of the people have filed a suit demanding their precious metal and/or coins be returned.

www.nysun.com...

"The coins "do not constitute contraband or other property subject to seizure," the legal papers state, adding that the seizures violated the Fourth Amendment rights of the plaintiffs.

For the most part, the plaintiffs had possessed bearer certificates for the silver liberty dollars that were being warehoused in Couer d'Alene, Idaho, at a mint. The mint, Sunshine Minting, is one of the sites that federal agents raided.'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks alot for the article man. I hope they push this. What the government did disgusts me Ill try to post anything I find also.

join