It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma-Propelled Flying Saucer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is looking like the potential for flying cars is becoming more of a reality.
Although it is not waht it has been designed for, it would only be a matter of time before someone develoes the idea commercially.

In the mean time, there is still a great deal of scientific benifit from this new design.

University of Florida mechanical and aerospace engineering associate professor Subrata Roy has submitted a patent application for a circular, spinning aircraft design reminiscent of the spaceships seen in countless Hollywood films. Roy, however, calls his design a “wingless electromagnetic air vehicle,” or WEAV.

The vehicle will be powered by a phenomenon called magnetohydrodynamics, or the force created when a current or a magnetic field is passed through a conducting fluid . In the case of Roy’s aircraft, the conducting fluid will be created by electrodes that cover each of the vehicle’s surfaces and ionize the surrounding air into plasma.

I dont know what effects if any this would have on the atmosphere, but I am guessing it it a cheap and clean system.

I look forwad to seeing the further developemnts on this one.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Great post
Do you have any links to go with the story? Or post your follow up soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
He probably got the idea straight from my thread here at ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.lawofmagnetism.com...

I'm glad someone was paying attention.

This is how aircraft wings REALLY work:

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sorry,
I've been doing that alot...
I dont know whats wrong with me

Have a look here

and here

Also, the power source needs to be extremely lightweight yet still produce enough power to generate the necessary plasma. Not to mention the fact that the very same plasma that will allow the aircraft to fly also will interfere with electromagnetic waves necessary for communication with the vehicle.

But Roy is confident that the unique nature of his design will allow it to clear the technological hurdles and take to the skies, and he’s not deterred by the risk of failure.

“Of course the risk is huge, but so is the payoff,” he said. “If successful, we will have an aircraft, a saucer and a helicopter all in one embodiment.”

Edit: Had to fix code

[edit on 11/6/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

No offence to you but I don't think this is how the craft works.
I admit I am not an authority on all things magnet, but this is a 'wingless' craft and although magentism is involved seems to work on a different principle.

He probably got the idea straight from my thread here at ATS.

I'm glad someone was paying attention.

If the scaled craft has been built and tested and has had time to be noticed by NASA, I am sure it would have been worked on for more than the couple of weeks since your thread was started.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My illustration that I showed you is to show the hidden way that aircraft wings work in todays world. It works that way unknowingly.

It was an example to show that electromagnetic levitation is REAL. It was not to show how the device in your OP works, just the concept.

If you were to design an all metal aircraft and static electricaly charge the top more than the bottom, it will levitate. That is EXACTLY how "anti-gravity" works.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The propulsion system for Roy’s saucer sprouts from his extensive U.S. Air Force-funded plasma actuator research, the results of which have appeared in more than 15 scholarly journals.

I'm starting to wonder if this is in fact " Leaked " alien Tech from the government.
to get us on the road to where they want us to be for some reason hmmm...?

I'm going to keep an eye on this one

[edit on 11-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I came across this whilst researching for my hypersonic thread.

In a novel way, the plasma spike and aero-lens vehicle combine to optimize the shape and the flow pattern for magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) propulsion, a true hyper-velocity airrider capable of speeds in excess of Mach 50. If fitted with a rectenna on its inner surface, protected by a shell transparent to microwaves, the aero-lens craft could pulse electric power through ionized air and propel itself via superconducting magnets placed around the circumference of the ring to accelerate air rapidly over the lip of the edge. Silent, the vehicle would emit a bright, incandescent plasma glow as it accelerated, dodged and weaved at anything up to Mach 50+ in the dense air of low altitude or the rarefied atmosphere at the edge of space.

So now.... go look at some of the real old 1950's UFO pics.... and the first one to find it wins a thumbs up.

Seriouse, in the early 1950s this was an almost identical UFO vehicle.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That was mean of me. Here, look real close.

Its identical. This is a UFO ? oh yeah, its unidentified because the USA wouldn't put markings on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Rouen, France, 1957. Flying to intercept a mysterious radar reflection, an unknown French Air Force pilot photographed this craft in March 1957 over Rouen with his gun-sight camera. The UFO paced the plane for several minutes before speeding off past the maximum velocity of the French airplane. This UFO appears to be of the same type that appeared in McMinnville, Oregon over the farm of Mr. Paul Trent. It was first published in the Royal Air Force Flying Review in July,1957 and also in Flying Saucer Review in July, 1957.

UFO case book

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
All these names they call it, "plasma" and "magnetohydrodynamics" is just to distract you from the completly simple answer to it all. MAGNETISM.

Everything in the universe is electromagnetic.

The only reason they give these difficult names for things, is because they don't want the average joe to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Open your eyes to what i just posted. Really, read it, and just look at what is there.

The two are identical.

Question is, in 1954 could we of designed this here on earth or did the USA copy a crashed version / developed this by themselves ?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Seriously, I know all about anti-gravity already.

Ed Leedskalnin, with supposedly a 4th grade knowledge was even able to figure it out. This is because Ed was smart enough to not listen to the B.S. that other scientists spread out.

It's so simple...

Ed said himself "its so simple nobody would ever figure it out".

He was being sarcastic. It is simple... but people know. Especially me. And yes, the government too.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the PM. Yes they are remarkable pics. The description of its movement propulsion and speed are just like the classic UFO stories.
Are you saying that Subrata Roy is being given credit to put a human touch on the discovery?

** thinking out loud ** “Does Subrata exist? Come to think of it. Subrata sounds much like Zapruder (As in the JFK Film) Does the US Govt have ANY imagination? Is Zapruder (and variations of) a code of some kind?”

Sorry for the sidetrack…..Yes, maybe there is something to that tech that we are not being told about. Good pick up!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Let me address that sidetrack, Subrata is a very common name in Bengal. Carry on folks.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2believeor0

Thanks for that. I meant no offense or disrepect to Mr Subrata or anyone of that name. It was just a thought that struck me funny at the time.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I guess they all follow this principle...Seen it somewhere else on this site. I am too lazy to search.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by prionace glauca]

[edit on 12-6-2008 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Cool vid
I have heard of that before but not seen it in action.
I'm gonna have to try it now..
I guess the same principa is involved but I am sure someone will come nd tell us different.
Before I am called ignorant or anything negative, I will openly admit I don't know a hell of alot about this, but am very fascinated so please be gentle with educating me.
Ant

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
MHD is old. Most theoretical advances were done in the 1960s. It's not a new design. And it's not a flying car, it's a typical flying saucer.

A short wikipedia article about MHD drive.

Jean-Pierre Petit, a French physicist, an expert of MHD and astrophysics, has many controversial theories about UFO propulsion and secret US military airplanes based on MHD technology (the Aurora and a secret version of B2). I read all his books, they are very good. He's not a crackpot. His MHD bypass idea for Aurora-type vehicles is brilliant. He also claims to know how to solve most difficulties for building a saucer-like vehicle, the Velikhov instability for instance, but doesn't want to help the military build better WMD.

MHD has been successfully applied to torpedo propulsion (water is a better electric conductor than air). The main difficulty with air is the power supply needed to maintain a very strong magnetic field. A lightweight source of energy equivalent to a nuclear power plant is not available right now off the shelf, but, who knows, in the future it may be possible.

[edit on 2008-6-13 by nablator]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I guess the same principa is involved but I am sure someone will come nd tell us different.

Lifters use the EHD (electrohydrodynamic) Biefeld-Brown effect. They do not require plasma nor a strong magnetic field. The idea is to push a cloud of electrons down.

MHD vehicles propel themselves by pushing the air or water around them with the Lorentz force.

[edit on 2008-6-13 by nablator]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join