It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia critical of US air strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Australia critical of US air strike

www.news.com.au

THE Federal Government says a US air strike in northwest Pakistan which killed least 11 Pakistani soldiers could make life difficult for Australian troops in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has warned the air strike, near the Afghanistan border, has harmed co-operation with the US in its "war on terror".

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said the Afghanistan-Pakistan border had "difficulties".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
USA, make sure you can hit your targets, especially when you're the top dog, with all of your puppy-countries following you into the illegal wars that you start.

Another case of "Friendly-Fire" right?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
C'mon they didnt miss, they hit exactly what they were meant to.
Its not like you can mistake a border guard from the Pakistani army.

Question is WHY? Why are we willing to kill our allies?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
C'mon they didnt miss, they hit exactly what they were meant to.
Its not like you can mistake a border guard from the Pakistani army.

It reminds me of the Simpson's Episode (TV) where a US fghter jet gains a lock on an airballoon and identifies it as an Iraqi fighter plane. Then, it gains another lock on his wingman and shoots him out of the sky as well...

There's probably more to that air-strike than we'll ever know.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Something just does not sound right.
They hit exactly what they wanted to hit, I agree the question is why?
They had to know something they don't randomly kill friendlies. My spin on it is maybe the Pakis were doing something they shouldn't have been doing with the Talabums

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

US officials have expressed concern that the Pakistani policy of striking peace deals with militants has led to a tripling of cross-border infiltration by militants from Pakistan, particularly from Mohmand and neighbouring Bajaur.

I say the plot thickens, there is more to the story
here you go.

More to the story

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
us lead aircraft get it right
us lead forces

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They weren't hitting friendly's.

Militia... aka taliban... have been fighting near the border, and also crosssing over from pakistan into afghanistan.... to attack our forces there. they're not just in afghanistan. they are over the border in pakistan too.... hiding out there.

so when they got under fire by our troops, they decided to retreat back in to pakistan. And thats when the US ordered an air-strike on them, into pakistan...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well the US airforce isn't known as being proffesional, but rather "gung ho". I'm pretty sure they made a big mistake.
Look at the time the US A-10 bombed British Warriors with the orange ID panels, they thought they were bombing BRIGHT ORANGE ROCKET LAUNCHERS

[edit on 13-6-2008 by SKUNK2]

top topics

join