It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dieing bitten by a snake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok well i am 14 years old and, I come here for insight as i have no other place to turn to, In my dream i am bitten by a snake as i am walking through like a swamp like place, As i am bitten I quickly pry the snake's fangs out. I get extremely dizzy and fall, The light from my eyes fades away somewhat like i am dieing. Can someone explain to me what this means?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Normally I disregard Freudian dream interpretations as Freud seemed to have a "one track mind". This dream 'seems' to be Freudian though.

Given your age, I would suggest you talk with your parents about it. A school counciler (spelling?) may also be of some help.

For now, just know it's a very common dream. It's not a premonition. You are not in any danger at all.

I die in my dreams quite often. It merely means "change". Some of us constantly grow and evolve. Sounds like you are having a "change" of your own. This is a good thing. We cannot grow without "change".

As for the swamp and the snake and the bite ... those should be answered by your parents.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm sorry i cannot explain it any better, And when i do try to talk to my parents they Say dreams are just dreams, Not realities, No way to talk to a school Councilor because i am on Summer Break. I cant say i really died in the dream, More or less after i pried the snake from my hands, the light from my eyes faded away as i fell to the ground, Then i woke up from the dream Sweaty as can be.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Okay, that's a shame your parents won't talk about it. I'll try my best here, though, I'm not sure what is allowed and what isn't on this board in terms of what I have to say.

The swamp is a symbol of a contaminated female body part. This is NOT a wholesome symbol and indicates you are missing important parts of the birds and the bees story presented in a wholesome and normal fashion.

The snake is a symbol of the male part.

The bite is a symbol of a normal male body fluid that is normally ejected from this male body part. Sometimes it is ejected all by itself, during sleep. This is a normal thing.

Am I making sense yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hokay, Your saying i am having wet dreams? Im pretty sure i am not here, But you may be on to something because i had a dream that i was kissing some random girl that i have never seen before.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dreams are many things. The most important function of a dream is to allow the subconscious to communicate with the conscious mind to overcome obstacles and errors in the emotions or in the conscious mind.

Example, a toddler crawls into a closet and accidently closes the door firmly. In a short while, they may become tired, hungry or need a diaper change and will be uncomfortable. They wail out and cry, which summons the parent.

This experience goes into the subconscious mind.

Then say twenty years from now, the toddler is grown up and has a series of dreams of being trapped in a mine. The person has always had claustrophobia and never knew why.

These dreams are where the old forgotten buried memories in the subconscious mind, are coming out to the conscious mind (everyday thinking mind) so that the old fear can be dealt with.

Everybody dreams, though, some people do not remember their dreams. If we did not have dreams at all, some hypothesize we would go bonkers. Dreams actually are important for good mental health.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok thanks! for the speedy reply and insight! And thanks most of all for treating me like a adult on this issue, So i dont really have to worry about things like "Dreaming of snakes means death or pain" or such things of that matter do i?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamless265

I didn't say you are having wet dreams. I merely meant they are normal. I had no idea how much you knew or had been told yet and threw that in so that you'd understand what track I was on.

Dreams actually do their job all on their own. We don't actually have to analyze our dreams for them to fix broken parts in our conscious mind. They work all on thier own like breathing. They are fascinating though!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamless265
So i dont really have to worry about things like "Dreaming of snakes means death or pain" or such things of that matter do i?

Correct. You do not have to worry about it. Worry never solved anything so you are correct there in saying you do not have to worry.

It's not a premonition of future events. It's a very common dream too. It does not foretell death or pain. It's not an omen, portent or sign.

Dreams are like breathing. They do their job without any work on our part.

You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
hate to be the downer, but snakes in dreams are generally bad luck, possibly your life is going to change for the worse.

but dont take it too much to heart, things cant always be bad.

top topics

join