It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats/Bts and meeting great new friends...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi all!

Just wanted to start a thread about meeting people that you instantly click with here on ATS/BTS....whether it's by a topic of interest you share, or you live fairly close together, or you just seem to hit off, personality-wise

Yet another perk of a great site like ATS/BTS. After hearing people complain, and drama going on, I just wanted to start a general chit chat thread about the cool relationships we've all formed while we've been on this site

Hsur2112 and I have become gf's chatting away in U2U as women tend to do, and we have a lot of laughs, a lot in common, age-wise, interest-wise, we both live in the mid-west, fairly close to each other and we have a blast on ATS don't we Rush?

Anyway, what about you all? I am sure everyone on here has "clicked" with someone...romantically even....tell us ALL about it
Or just friends of course too....I myself have my favorite moderators, and my favorite members, I won't go into any names
Anywayyyyy....

Tell your story about your "bestest buddy" or romantic interest here on ATS/BTS!

[edit on 11-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hmmm, in my case I like to think that I've already been making some friends here. Hsur2112 and I have developed a common interest in Rush. No big surprise there. And I'm slowly getting to know people in the chat room. As far as romance? None .... yet. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LA, what's up girlfriend!! Man, do we ever have a blast! Oh, and I'm on page 20,299 of that TSHLSC form. hehe

Great thread, btw. I can read between lines and see so many fun relationships on ATS/BTS, some are really inspiring. And that is what sets ATS so far apart from the other boards online. Well, if there were other boards.

I used to look forward to logging on first thing in the morning to check the latest ufo threads, and while I still do, I look more forward to checking my u2u's. I want a little voice, that when I log in it says "you've got u2u's". hehe I'm serious.

I've made some great friends here. You, JeepGal, Deson, EOD, ufo reality, BlackProject, trustnobody, WFA and so many more. You all are the best Some I hope to meet one day.....hellllooooooo, you know who you are. You and I definitely clicked right away and ATS-ing has never been the same. I look forward to chatting with you every day. What the heck am I going to do next week? Remember that one night that the family was gone and I was sipping and twittering and feeling guilty that I was enjoying the fact that they were gone so much? And you were like, "hello Rush, are you still sipping, you're awfully quiet?". I haven't stopped LMAO since. And how you come up with those 'modified' curse words I'll never know.

Being a stay at home mom, married for......well, lots of years, there are very few things in my life that don't involve the hubby or kids or other kids parents or all the other family members or the neighbors. So ATS is kind of my OWN THING. I love it. A BIG thanks to LA and all my other ATS friends.

And kudos to the amigos for making it possible for members to form and build relationships.

Rush

(this may be the best we can do for awhile)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
a lot in common, age-wise, ...

That would be our twenty's, right?

(young) Rush

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was introduced to this website by a friend with whom I no longer communicate with. Other than that, I have been here well over 2 years and I haven't made any friends. I never give up hope though!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi snowflake. Well, I won't have that, so consider yourself on my friend's list! You just have to promise to laugh at my jokes now and then.

U2U me anytime, just to say 'hey' if nothing else.

Rush

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
*walks into thread*

yeah i've clicked with a few folks..me and one member are really really close.

later

i also have the unique ability to um..strike a nerve in ppl that i've actually never really even got the chance to strike one in. i ain't gonna say any names though.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
LA, what's up girlfriend!!
Great thread, btw. I can read between lines and see so many fun relationships on ATS/BTS, some are really inspiring.

Yes Givenmay and Nuts! are like us and they always crack me up in chat and on BTS!

And that is what sets ATS so far apart from the other boards online. Well, if there were other boards.

Amen SISTAH!

I will miss you too ATS won't be the same

And kudos to the amigos for making it possible for members to form and build relationships.

Yes KUDOS to the 3 Amigos for a great site, all of us who love ATS/BTS can never thank you enough...and with all the complaining and whining and lame arse drama, I just want you to remember, there's TONS of us out here that APPRECIATE what all you owners and moderators do and we would hug you if we could

[edit on 11-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Aweee Lord, lol, hiyah

I am sorry I love to give you hell in chat
I can't help it, it's in my nature
But you love giving it back I can tell or you wouldn't be the drama queen you are lmfao.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Hiyah Snow....

I refuse to believe that of everyone on this site, you haven't clicked or struck up a casual friendship, even if it was just in a thread? With anyone here on ATS and BTS??

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

LOL yes....choking, coughing, splutterin'....25....we're ....25 lmfao!

If you wouldn't have picked such a DATED rockband we might have been able to get AWAY with the mid 20's

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh and I just wanted to post one more thing...

I just went through my "friends" list on ATS/BTS and I left every friend of mine a little message telling them how much they enriched ATS/BTS for me, each in a different way...

Some didn't have their profile comments-thing activated...so to those that didn't and who are on my "friend's list" I just want to say THANKS so much for making ATS/BTS fun, informative, and interesting, you all liven it up for me or you wouldn't be on my list!

I think everyone should take a time out in the next few days to thank everyone on their friend's list... and show the owners and mods they like some love, for the great job they do.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been here for nearly 5 years now, and goodness I have made so many friends who in some ways have almost become Family loll,

I have laughed, Cried and shared so many things with many here,

We have been through some rough times together In our personal lives and many have broke out the support and went beyond what I could have ever expected from people I met on a web site,

I would say people I have met here have all changed me in some way, I have learned from them, I have seen strength beyond what I thought was possible and intern it made me focus better on how I need to look at my own life,

I have reached out to people I have never met, who live a total different life from me but our hearts are all the same, I have sat up all night to comfort some,

We are all human and the end of the day we have the same bones inside our bodies,

I can never thank everyone who has been there for me, or called me when I have been going through tough times, or those who sent me u2us just to say hi,

I remember when the London bombings happed I had so many u2us asking if I was ok, it was so humbling, I knew then that the people here where a special kind,

I have shared the feeling of a young man going of to war, feeling worried for him and awaiting his return,

I have shared the joy of people getting married, having children, stopping smoking loll, reaching there goal in life, finding a lost loved one,

The list goes on and on, and the names would go on an on,

Thank you to all my friends here on ATS
And the new ones I have yet to make,

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by hsur2112

LOL yes....choking, coughing, splutterin'....25....we're ....25 lmfao!

If you wouldn't have picked such a DATED rockband we might have been able to get AWAY with the mid 20's

Now, now ladies, there's nothing wrong with your present *ahem* years of experience. It's nice to meet people of not only different but similar as well mind sets.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

LOL Deson,

Luckily Rush told me you were "cool" in one of our gossip sessions or you'd be blasted for that lol....

J/K lol.....yes we get gold stars for mindsets don't we?? How old are you Deson ....second thought, don't answer that lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by LordInfamous

Aweee Lord, lol, hiyah

I am sorry I love to give you hell in chat
I can't help it, it's in my nature
But you love giving it back I can tell or you wouldn't be the drama queen you are lmfao.

no queen in me. you just more than likely got irked due to the way i express myself in my posts and just came to the conclusion that we wouldn't be able to get cool. really, i'm a good dude once you get to know me. ask around

in the mean time, go dye your hair so your gray won't show up.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Deson

LOL Deson,

Luckily Rush told me you were "cool" in one of our gossip sessions or you'd be blasted for that lol....

J/K lol.....yes we get gold stars for mindsets don't we?? How old are you Deson ....second thought, don't answer that lol.

I don't mind and I'm glad to hear that I've been "cleared". I'm 47 myself. More info in my profile. In fact at the moment, I'm in chat right now getting to know more people. Nice place this is.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I wish I could get to chat more often. Seems like as soon as I get logged in I hear those words....."MOM?" "HONEY?"

Rush

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
HmMm...
I can honestly say that I havn't made any "friends" here on BTS...
Sure, I've have a good conversation here and there, but none of them ever lead to another one.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hi louiekid333. Me, again. Have you not launched that comments section in your profile yet? We keep bugging you about that. lol You know, if you are into a thread and you run into someone with the same kind of interests as you, or you have some sort of common ground, just shoot some u2u's out there to say hi or strike up a conversation.

I guess it was just easy for me, I love meeting new people and I never shut up.

Rush

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join