It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Fires Jim Johnson - Cutting ties with the Bilderbergers

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here it is:

Johnson resigns from Obama's veep vetting team
By NEDRA PICKLER – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jim Johnson, the most experienced hand guiding Democrat Barack Obama's vice presidential search, stepped down Wednesday as Republican criticism of his home mortgage deals became a distraction for a candidate who eschews Washington insider influence.

Johnson's resignation leaves the job of vetting Obama's No. 2 at least temporarily in the hands of two other prominent Democratic attorneys who had been working with him on the search — former Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder and Caroline Kennedy, daughter of President Kennedy.

The Obama campaign declined to answer whether the Illinois senator would replace Johnson, who also led the vetting for Democratic nominees John Kerry in 2004 and Walter Mondale in 1984. Obama said in a statement that he was grateful to Johnson for his service.

"Jim did not want to distract in any way from the very important task of gathering information about my vice presidential nominee, so he has made a decision to step aside that I accept," Obama said. "We have a very good selection process under way, and I am confident that it will produce a number of highly qualified candidates for me to choose from in the weeks ahead."

Johnson, the former chairman of mortgage lender Fannie Mae, came under fire from GOP candidate John McCain and the Republican Party after The Wall Street Journal reported last Saturday that Johnson got mortgage loans with help from the CEO of Countrywide Financial Corp.

McCain had accused Obama of hypocrisy for speaking out against Countrywide's role in the subprime mortgage crisis.

Johnson's resignation allows Obama to move on with the vetting process without the criticism surrounding him, but it also could make it appear that the campaign quickly caved under pressure. The resignation touched off a series of accusations between the two campaigns about which candidate has more tainted advisers and better judgment about who to surround himself with.

Obama's campaign has had varying responses when controversy has focused on those around him. Foreign policy adviser Samantha Power left within hours of calling Hillary Rodham Clinton a "monster." Obama was initially reluctant to disavow his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, after video of racially explosive sermons emerged. And he kept leading economic adviser Austan Goolsbee on board amid controversy surrounding his private comments on free trade.

At least five McCain staffers have left his campaign in the wake of a Democratic uproar over McCain's connections to lobbyists. McCain responded by banning registered lobbyists serving his campaign but has defended two of his top advisers — Rick Davis and Charlie Black — who left their lobbying jobs to work for his presidential bid.

Johnson and Holder had been holding meetings this week with lawmakers on Capitol Hill to seek their input on possible running mate candidates.

On Tuesday, Obama said Johnson had a "discrete task" and was performing it well. He suggested the Countrywide connection was not a problem since Johnson was an unpaid volunteer and hadn't been assigned to work in a future administration.

"I am not vetting my V.P. search committee for their mortgages," Obama said at the time.

Kerry, a prominent Obama supporter, told reporters earlier Wednesday that Johnson had done an outstanding job of gathering information for him four years ago and keeping it private. He declined to say whether he'd recommended that Obama keep him on in the midst of the controversy.

I'm wondering: Could this mean Obama's legit? Is the reason why he cut his ties with Jim Johnson is because he is a Bilderberger? Or is there some other reason? I'm hopeful that this gives more evidence that Obama is not part of the NWO and the like.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Don't let the smooth taste fool you. He could be doing this to avoid any bad press. Something is not right about this, and research needs to be done further to fully understand what his agenda was in doing this. You don't just fire the man that controls you, if they control us then surly they have their hand in Obama's pocket. Lets not think that Obama is not intelligent enough to know whats going on. We need to wake up and realize that the same way black front-men were used to support government agenda years ago, is what they could be, and are doing today. Thank you and I love your site.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You don't tell people like this that you're not going to play ball, unless you want to wind up like JFK. This is huge.

Unless of course, they are concerned about the CT vote, and are trying to appear as if he is cutting ties with the elites.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

First off Obama did't fire him, he resigned. Secondly, there is no possible way that Obama appointed him without knowing he was on the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, and Bilderberg. A simple google search told me that.

www.sourcewatch.org...

So am I to believe that Obama appointed him without knowing this? If thats true then he is obviously incompetent

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

First off Obama did't fire him, he resigned.

Which is even worse. If this guy jumped ship, Obama is in big trouble. The only reason this guy would walk, so soon after the Bilderberg meeting, is so he doesn't get any blood on his suit.

And yes, Obama knew, but decided not to play along with them, hence, the resignation.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If Barack Obama was not elitist, he should fire or force a resignation from his CFR wife, then divorce her.

A resignation from Jim Johnson hardly means anything but a way to replace a known Bilderberger with known dirty ties with an unkown Bilderberger with unknown dirty ties.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Please add comments and opinions to the existing thread on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join