It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why impeach Bush and Cheney now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Seriously the Iraq war was proven to be falsely motivated a few years ago so where were these representatives and former aides then? What's the point of trying to kick them out of office a few months before they're scheduled to leave, their supposed to be "lame duck" officials.

This gets me worried, seriously. Do these people like Mcclellan and Kucinich know something that most other citizens don't? The only reason why I think they would want to get them out of power ASAP is for two reasons. Either to prevent them from attacking Iran and launching the USA into it's THIRD current war. Or that the current administration has no plans of giving up power, or both. Can anyone else give me a better reason as to why these people would go through the trouble, especially Mcclellan who has a high chance on incriminating himself.

And I don't trust these mysterious papers found on a train in Brittain. Seriously, do you think one of the worlds most targeted organizations lets idiots carry around top secret papers? Documents of this supposed magnitude that were found don't just get left and forgotten on a commuter train. Keep an eye out and lets see if any of these papers mention Iran or Israel or anything for our current GOV to launch an attack somewhere else. Anything that will instill fear in the American people again. Didn't they just say Al Qaeda had been almost completely exterminated in Iraq a little bit ago?

There was a video on here a week ago about an alleged conversation a protester had with a congressmen. The congressmen admitted that everyones afraid to impeach Bush because he will attack Iran and cancel the elections if they do. The congressmen later went on to say he never made those comments.

Anyone else feel this way? Or can anyone explain to me why they would try to impeach Bush now as opposed to a while back?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegdfather
Seriously the Iraq war was proven to be falsely motivated a few years ago so where were these representatives and former aides then? What's the point of trying to kick them out of office a few months before they're scheduled to leave, their supposed to be "lame duck" officials.

I would think that they are honorable men the believe that it's the right thing to do no matter how long it takes. History must show what these men really did.

This gets me worried, seriously. Do these people like Mcclellan and Kucinich know something that most other citizens don't?

Probably.

The only reason why I think they would want to get them out of power ASAP is for two reasons. Either to prevent them from attacking Iran and launching the USA into it's THIRD current war.

Distinct possibility as the Bush administration rhetoric is going again regarding Iran.

Or that the current administration has no plans of giving up power

Well that would be interesting wouldn't it? If they refused to give up power, and the militaries job is to protect the United States from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC, they would become enemies of the state. See where I'm going?

Can anyone else give me a better reason as to why these people would go through the trouble, especially Mcclellan who has a high chance on incriminating himself.

Maybe because it's the right thing to do and maybe it has taken this long to get enough support to give it even a decent chance of working.

Also, keep in mind that Bush needs Congressional approval to attack Iran. If he tries without approval, Congress can have the military remove him from office.
I've read some interesting articles stating that if Bush tells his generals to attack Iran, they will refuse his orders as they won't be Constitutional. I hope thats actually true.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well the impeachment process wouldn't get Bush and Chenney out ASAP, it's a slow process. They would have to be impeached, which would take months, then tried, which would take longer, then found guilty. By that time, they'd already be out.

These people are supporting impeachment on principle.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by avingard]

join