It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeted strike on Iran nuclear sites again under discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Targeted strike on Iran nuclear sites again under discussion

www.mcclatchydc.com

Six months ago, after American intelligence agencies declared that Iran had shelved its nuclear-weapons program, the chances of a U.S. or Israeli military strike on Iran before President Bush left office seemed remote.

Now, thanks to persistent pressure from Israeli hawks and newly stated concerns by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the idea of a targeted strike meant to cripple Iran's nuclear program is getting a new hearing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am getting really SICK and TIRED of the USA getting caught up in Israel's dirty laundry.

Iran has something like a 1million man strong army. What do you think that army is going to do if we bomb their country?

Based on the fact that Iran and Iraq are enjoying continually renewed relations, the fact that Iraq wants us GONE, and Iran is learning to hate us with renewed passion almost everyday I would say it means out soldiers in Iraq at the least would become major targets.

This is plain and simple INSANITY. I hope against hope that Bush AND Cheney get impeached before they can start WWIII

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
will it just keep going after they are out of office? the leaders are just puppets doing what their leaders are instructing them to do.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
will it just keep going after they are out of office? the leaders are just puppets doing what their leaders are instructing them to do.

You think an election is going to change anything?

Even if O(bs)ama wins - which even his supporters are starting to "feel" he won't - here's a thread where O(bs)ama outlines his (military) plans for confronting iran and the defense of Israel.

ATS Thread

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And dont forget they can muster a 12 million army in 48hours from neighbouring countries,let israel attack..they cant win and will be forced to go nuclear..and after that we get to see the whole world become one big mushroom cloud with nukes flying all over the place.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Can you show me where in this thread Obama "outlines his military plans"? The only comments I saw were pretty vague. Iran is a 'threat', 'diplomacy', 'military action not off the table', but nothing concrete.

Also, I think we both know "Even if O(bs)ama wins - which even his supporters are starting to "feel" he won't" is nothing more than dreaming. McCain is not going to just roll over, but he is not going to make it overly difficult either. But then, maybe we should save our opinions.

new topics

top topics

join