It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird voicemail on cell...with numbers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi,

this morning I turned on my cellphone and there was a voicemail from the night before when my phone was turned off. It said something like 'unknown' as far as the sender goes, and the number was [Mod Edit - Number Snipped]. I Googled this and some name from Nebraska came out, not anyone I know obviously....but here's the weird part.

The voicemail is mostly static for the first few seconds, with a couple of muffled banging noises. Then a voice said something but it sounded very muffled, almost warped, and I couldn't understand it. Then the voice got clearer but was in a whisper, kind of creepy-sounding and scratchy. I think it was a male voice. So here's what I understood...he said:

"One five two......one five two....three...oh four.."

then I think he repeated the 04 part, then there was another bang and that was the end of the voicemail. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess it could've been just a prank call although why someone would call long-distance I don't know. Any answers?

[edit on 11/0608/08 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Back in the day, when I was a kid, you could trawl the UHF and VHF frequencies on the radio and find one of the more bizarre aspects of the cold war, Number Stations

Your call sounds very much like the kind of thing that used to get played.

Spoken Numbers also used to get played on Loop Lines in the old cable exchanges, particularly in cities, for similar reasons.

I imagine that in this modern world of digital coms, a cell message on similar lines is not out of the question.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've heard of how cell phone "lines" can bleed and you can hear some of someone's converstation. It could be someone ordering something over the phone.
At first I thought it was someone who got a wrong number and didn't realize they were still on and were mumbling the phone number but I've never heard of one like 152-152-3040-4 also you have too many numbers.
One day I got a voice message and when I played it, it was my voicemail menu.
I'm thinking it was a glitch of some kind either that or cordinates because phone number doesn't really work and it being a date doesn't work either. But I think cordinates don't even work. The only other thing I can think of is some kind of order number.

edit: If you thnk there is something to it I would try ordering the numbers in the way of pauses for example if I followed what you posted: 152-152-3-04-04

[edit on 12-6-2008 by tinfoilsrule]

join