I broke open my mind today

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ha, so yeah... here goes the explanation, I'll try to keep it short...

I sing but I also have a bit of TMD, which basically means my jaw muscles are very tight. I've spent a lot of time the past year learning how to relax, and control the muscles in my face/neck/shoulders, mentally. The more you get into it the more you realize you have a somewhat abstract set of guidelines which are visualized while giving muscle commands or attempting to determine which muscles are tightening or relaxing.

I was trying to identify what muscles I was relaxing when I mentally asked the question, "how accurate is my abstract 'map' of my muscles, and does each sensation reflect and actual muscle movement or merely the perception of an area that I'm focusing on?"

I heard the response that it was very accurate, when I say heard I mean in my own voice, probably just me, I'm not assigning anything weird to that. But it made me think about having another 'voice' or means of communicating with a deeper portion of my subconscious that was better at controlling the muscles than I was. I thought if I could allow a voice like that to exist, I could merely give it the command of relax this and it could tell me what relaxed, what didn't, if one muscle was causing three others to tighten, etc.

Then it hit me...

Is that not what my inner monologue is now? I've believed for awhile that the monologue isn't necessarily me, but a perception of myself. Yet this took it to another level, it was as if my brain logically determined the need for a monologue that could relay information to a higher source about things like hunger, pain, etc. It was as if I saw the moment my soul (or whatever you want to call it) figured out how to most effectively work or communicate with my body. And the same logic it used to create or allow my inner monologue, the monologue itself wished to delegate the power down further.

It's really a lot to think about, and difficult to separate what is me, and what is not. Because in one sense, it's all 'me', my soul may live on in some manner after this body but for the moment, the body, the animal, everything is still me. It's just never a solid as we believe. In the darkness, men are no better than ostriches, assuming the world turns on and off with our perception. It is always there, as am I, in some way, beyond the perception of my... perception. I've always known this in way, but as I get older (i'm 25) i realize that you can think about these subjects all you like but it will only be that, a thought. It takes a moment of ... well something, to actually experience what that thought tried to explain. This one felt pretty big, just wondering if others had come to this or how they felt about it. Really I just needed to get it out, thanks for listening.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You'd be surprised what "you" really are.

It might not sit well with you at first...maybe not at all unless you get some guidance, which I by no means am... but I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

You have a choice. How deep do you really want to go? Would you temporarily risk your sanity and your confidence in reality? Or do you enjoy who and what you are right now? Do you enjoy the solid nature of your perceptions of things surrounding you? Because there's no going back once this realization is met.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

You got me hooked. What do you mean by finding out. Can you please explain?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Hi there Parabol,

Congratulations ! It sounds like you've just flicked your inner light-switch on. Give yourself chance to get accustomed to the dazzle and you'll be amazed by the clarity with which you can see / understand things.

Enjoy the moment ... it's the best feeling in the world and get ready for many more 'penny-dropping' moments.

If you ever want to run anything past me feel free to u2u me / email me / or check-out the link in my signature (it can be a little confusing until you get used to it all).

Woody

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The thing is... it's easy to explain, yet impossible to understand, unless you've experienced it. They call it "The end of knowledge". Not necessarily that you Know "everything", but you know ABOUT that "everything" and what it all is, in the end.

In the end, it's all about the meaning you ascribe to the patterns and shapes and vibrational sensations that make up your waking dream...

This IS a dream, and we'll all remember that we're exactly the same being and not being that we've always been. If you are eternal, you have to be everything always.

The reason we always come back to "existence" is because being God is not that great. We'd rather have the mystery that comes with not "remembering" that we know.

I'll state this opening line from another recent poster "Get this - WE are ALL GOD!" Not just little sparks of God, but the one and only "himself". To understand how it all works would be to have waking knowledge of the whole complexity of the "patterns" that make up everything... and not one "sentient being" has that knowledge, nor would they want that knowledge. It ruins the experience.

Right now, the pattern is already set. We're on the upswing from a very jagged and unbalanced pattern of this complicated caucophony of vibrations that make up our perception, and we will begin to brighten up and equalize and possibly gain a little more "color" and "flavor" to our percieved reality.

This has all happened many times before. Quite literally... time is the measurement of where we are in our perception of this neverending pattern.

I don't know if that will make sense to anyone who hasen't awakened yet. I don't know if it will be something people enjoy hearing... but it will be something that hopefully frees people from believing that others have control over them. You are God. You can gradually morph this dream you are having to fit where you really want to be in your heart....since really this is all the same intertwined pattern, there really is no up or down. No polarities or difference. Just infinite probability... and the only thing holding us down is our willingness to keep within the set boundaries. This "program" has been running for eternity, and this is what the realization is about. Realizing that you made the program, and you can change it. Free will is this awakening. Free will is the GOD in you becoming lucid of his dreamlife. The sheep will become the shepherd.

I am the voice of God for this reason... because we all are this voice. We are awakening the source here, and the nightmare of monotony is crumbling.

I hate to sound like a new ager... buuuut... if you are looking for ultimate truth, behold, for you are the ultimate truth, the eternal everything, the alpha and the omega, the light, the way, the One.

With this realization that everything is you, infinite compassion becomes possible. This is what will save the world. Not religion, not the government that holds reality at bay, not a separate being with an ascribed name of Jesus, but YOU.... each and every one of us are responsible for this.... not one of us is separate from it. We are the Lord and Saviour of our own reality.
This is the basis of all religion, which obviously became skewed by those who call the truth "ugly", those who revel in their finite selves.

This is the reason for all the secrecy, all the supression of knowledge, all of the control. Because there lies in every one of us the futile desire to hang onto the self we've become used to.... the world we've become fond of. Because of love, we have done much evil. How paradoxical is that?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

The thing is... it's easy to explain, yet impossible to understand, unless you've experienced it.

I haven't read the rest of your post yet, but this is 100% true. Which makes it very frustrating to speak with others about it. Many of the concepts are simple, so simple that it's easy to overlook or say, "well of course that's how it is." Yet there is a deeper level of understanding beyond words, and as far as I know, there could be 1000 more levels beyond that. It is quite a wonderful feeling to be only in the moment, ha, as if anything other than 'the moment' existed.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol

The thing is... it's easy to explain, yet impossible to understand, unless you've experienced it.

I haven't read the rest of your post yet, but this is 100% true. Which makes it very frustrating to speak with others about it. Many of the concepts are simple, so simple that it's easy to overlook or say, "well of course that's how it is." Yet there is a deeper level of understanding beyond words, and as far as I know, there could be 1000 more levels beyond that. It is quite a wonderful feeling to be only in the moment, ha, as if anything other than 'the moment' existed.

It's.... very complicated, if you wanna go into the design of it... but the simple meaning is very easy to understand, once like I think you said "it just clicks".

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

never mind, found my own answer

[edit on 11-6-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh, but don't take my word for it.

I'm just an illusion. Experience it for yourself. Go as deep as you can until you can't stand it anymore, and then come back up for air.

There is no one way... but every way is the correct way. As long as you get there... wherever that may be for you... and as long as it takes, we will all get there, because we've all been there, and on and on forever...

Don't go any place you are not comfortable going. I made the mistake of taking myself to the edge of my own existence, and ... like I said, there is a limit to what knowledge you should carry with you, because some of it is corrosive to your person. I sometimes feel disturbed by it, because you aren't just dealing with some rosey human archetype of what the being should be like as a spirit or as a more expanded awareness.... you're dealing with alien concepts.

Each new tier of awareness requires the mind of the being to come to terms with what is happening, because it's not what we think. If it was what we thought, the transition wouldn't bring with it the death of one way of thinking in favor of the birth of another. It would be much more simple, and everyone would be doing it, and it would become a fad, and it would be marketed as such by all the big corporations to the young people... kinda like what happened in the sixties and seventies with the counter-culture. It isn't a walk in the park that can be sold and consumed and understood by an unsuspecting mass. This will not be "another fad". This will be much more personal, and it will require sacrifice of some things we trust.

You might suffer loss and confusion before the transitional period is complete. You might feel like you are completely falling apart. Your head might feel like it's going to explode constantly, and you might get depressed and completely lost and confused... but you'll make it to the next tier if you just hold on.

We all get angry and frustrated at the bad times... but just don't go mad. Hold on for me and I'll hold on for you.

Tread lightly, my friend.

Tread lightly.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Perception is the very "evil" that prevents humankind to move on as one. We are all shaped by our society and the people around us to perceive the world in one way or another; this, of course, adds conflicts in understanding certain things in the world and thus lead to misunderstandings and unnecessary confrontations.

I am slowly giving up convincing other people that we are all the same. I know that we are, because I've met some people of very different social groups in my lifetime and I've never had any conflict with them as we all understood that our social and cultural statuses are but an illusion. What counts is the very love and compassion for one-another to strive to bettering ourselves and achieve the inner peace we seek in our physical lifetime.

Unfortunately, I know other - less enlightened - people who think otherwise. I blame society for twisting their minds (and for some time even mine) and for a while I've tried to teach them to look past their perception, but to no avail.

Also, it is true that you can know everything, but in order for it to be any good for you you have to also understand it. It's very hard to achieve that as we all are on different levels of consciousness, and the first thing that has to go is your very perception.

(Sorry if I went off-topic but I've had these very thoughts swirling in my head today and found this was the right place to share them.
)

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Ive found it to be rather useless to attempt to open the minds of people before they are ready. they normally start looking for answers when their mind is ready to be opened but before then its almost always a waste of time. i feel very confident that its only a matter of time before people have to face the reality we co created and admit their mistakes and begin coming together to correct them and even with certain groups working to keep the blinders on the mass awakening is inevitable and these people are only compounding their crimes and inevitably their guilt when they have no other choice other than to feel it

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The thing is... it's easy to explain, yet impossible to understand, unless you've experienced it. They call it "The end of knowledge". Not necessarily that you Know "everything", but you know ABOUT that "everything" and what it all is, in the end.

In the end, it's all about the meaning you ascribe to the patterns and shapes and vibrational sensations that make up your waking dream...

This IS a dream, and we'll all remember that we're exactly the same being and not being that we've always been. If you are eternal, you have to be everything always.

The reason we always come back to "existence" is because being God is not that great. We'd rather have the mystery that comes with not "remembering" that we know.

I'll state this opening line from another recent poster "Get this - WE are ALL GOD!" Not just little sparks of God, but the one and only "himself". To understand how it all works would be to have waking knowledge of the whole complexity of the "patterns" that make up everything... and not one "sentient being" has that knowledge, nor would they want that knowledge. It ruins the experience.

Right now, the pattern is already set. We're on the upswing from a very jagged and unbalanced pattern of this complicated caucophony of vibrations that make up our perception, and we will begin to brighten up and equalize and possibly gain a little more "color" and "flavor" to our percieved reality.

This has all happened many times before. Quite literally... time is the measurement of where we are in our perception of this neverending pattern.

I don't know if that will make sense to anyone who hasen't awakened yet. I don't know if it will be something people enjoy hearing... but it will be something that hopefully frees people from believing that others have control over them. You are God. You can gradually morph this dream you are having to fit where you really want to be in your heart....since really this is all the same intertwined pattern, there really is no up or down. No polarities or difference. Just infinite probability... and the only thing holding us down is our willingness to keep within the set boundaries. This "program" has been running for eternity, and this is what the realization is about. Realizing that you made the program, and you can change it. Free will is this awakening. Free will is the GOD in you becoming lucid of his dreamlife. The sheep will become the shepherd.

I am the voice of God for this reason... because we all are this voice. We are awakening the source here, and the nightmare of monotony is crumbling.

I hate to sound like a new ager... buuuut... if you are looking for ultimate truth, behold, for you are the ultimate truth, the eternal everything, the alpha and the omega, the light, the way, the One.

With this realization that everything is you, infinite compassion becomes possible. This is what will save the world. Not religion, not the government that holds reality at bay, not a separate being with an ascribed name of Jesus, but YOU.... each and every one of us are responsible for this.... not one of us is separate from it. We are the Lord and Saviour of our own reality.

This is the reason for all the secrecy, all the supression of knowledge, Because there lies in every one of us the futile desire to hang onto the self we've become used to.... the world we've become fond of. Because of love, we have done much evil.
IDK if anyone but me notices this but this is EXACTLY what Buddhists believe. So you think he is a Buddhisatva? Ime not bashing you, but you could have said that this was a direct summarization of the Buddhist's theolegy.

[edit on 6/29/2008 by psimorb333]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Huh, after reading OP's post, I immediately thought that my inner monologue was my body telling my "non-physical" being what's happening, so that my non-physical being can remain in charge of my physical body. But why go through all the trouble of a physical body if the non-physical body is in charge? I don't think the spiritual body can manifest itself into the same entity at all without a physical body to hold everything together. If it can't manifest into a body, then it's just untapped life energy in this form. In that case, this would mean that if other animals feel needs, then they have a non-physical body as well. This very well could mean that the lower level animals are just actually possessing smaller amounts of the same life energy humans do, and that DNA is the molecular code that the energy uses to communicate the structure of the physical body. On a molecular level, this energy could perhaps explain why life exists and isn't more than a giant chemical reaction, that we're just missing the knowledge of this life force in order to explain a purpose for it to take place. The energy could theoretically grow inside the physical body, hell it could even be released in tiny quantities inside sperm and egg, creating new life infused with this energy. All forms of reproduction can be explained similarly. This could explain life on earth's creation, higher powers, deities, almost anything. This could even mean that phenomenon like "ghosts" ARE this life energy and can use it to interact with objects by manifesting themselves, using themselves. Without a physical body to hold them together, they can't really do much. Hence their behavior. It's hard to say where this life energy could've come from (life energy could be a chemical byproduct even). I am being a little serious too, because these thoughts have a tiny bit of merit, and they are still no more then a string of my thoughts.

It's really hard to interweave all these ideas, and there isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove these strings. This is no less believable than some of the conspiracy theories I've seen a few boards up!

OH man do I sound crazy or what?
Wow.

Edit: spelling errors galore...
Edit 2: I was this close to editing everything out and posting it anonymously, as to not seem bat---t crazy. Now I want to hear what you think.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Xeroxed_Horizon]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Xeroxed_Horizon]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeroxed_Horizon

I think you're right on man. The only thing I disagree with is this.

Huh, after reading OP's post, I immediately thought that my inner monologue was my body telling my "non-physical" being what's happening, so that my non-physical being can remain in charge of my physical body. But why go through all the trouble of a physical body if the non-physical body is in charge?

It's not so much the trouble, but the experience. The physical body is like a translator for the non-physical to sense the world. We're like little machines fitted with cameras and other environment sensing devices. Or maybe think of the physical body like an hi-tech underwater submarine and the pilot as our non-physical. We need a way to navigate through physical reality, to truly become a part of the system. I would say our body fulfills this need.

You're not crazy man, you're just using your brain. I'm not saying I'm right, or that you're right, but it's not like science or any other 'normal' people attempt to solve (if it could) or analyze this type of idea.

new topics
top topics

join