2 Eleven Year Olds Drink themselves to Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I had a personal friend in Hawaii who died of hypothermia, and it was not freezing cold.
The issue is hypothermia, and it does not require alcohol to die from it. As usual the news media focuses on the alcohol, not the hypothermia, presumably for more of the same old tired "get tough," rhetoric. The obvious solution is that if you are going into the desert and it is going to get cold, carry appropriate blankets and clothing to avoid hypothermia.

But no! It is going to be the cynical alcohol bashing to create more suspicion, more unhappiness, and more government power instead of actual compassion or even common sense.

I am not certain that the stories you hear about it are completely accurate.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well the second kid most likely died from hypothermia, the first kid however had a .5% BAC which is more than enough to kill the majority of people.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The sad thing about this is that kids imatate what they see , whether its at home or on tv.What I'd like to know is how in the name of G__ did they get there hands on that much booze in the first place.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i know somebody probably mentioned this, but i didn't want to look through the whole thread, so here goes.
this never would have happened to kids wmoking weed. why is alcohol legal?or maybe the question is why is weed illegal?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
i know somebody probably mentioned this, but i didn't want to look through the whole thread, so here goes.
this never would have happened to kids wmoking weed. why is alcohol legal?or maybe the question is why is weed illegal?

nice

nice question! i have an answer, why is alchohol legal? because its addict-prone and the gov. makes money off of people trying to get off of it. why is weed illegal? because it isnt.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
update on the story:
No Charges to Be Brought in Liquor Deaths of Two 11-Year-Old Boys
POLSON, Mont. (AP) - Authorities will not bring charges in the deaths of two sixth-graders whose frozen bodies were found in a snowy field after they guzzled large amounts of vodka, investigators said Wednesday.
The sheriff's department investigated suspicions that an adult supplied the liquor to Justin Benoist and Frankie Nicolai III, both 11. But authorities have closed the case after failing to find any evidence to charge anyone, the department said Wednesday.

Almost from the time their bodies were found March 1, there were claims the boys may have stolen the liquor from area homes. "We cannot disprove that at this point," detective Jay Doyle said.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
personally, i dont c this as sad but as something glorious for the human race as a whole. here are two more stupid genes out of the gene pool. any act that leads that is caused intentionally to results in the harm or death can be seen as an improvement to the human race. every "stupid" deaths count and each of them strengthens the human race.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join