Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2 Eleven Year Olds Drink themselves to Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just curious, but what drugs are you doing at 13? And why?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I know a lot of people find this sad and stuff.
I see it as two less idiots in the world screwing stuff up.
Is there a Darwin Award available for these guys?

yeah. thats what i want to know. idoits

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Probably the medications hes prescribed.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, hopefully, Agent!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Occasional marijuana.

Sometimes a beer.

But I don't do drugs that often. And I am quite responsible when I smoke weed. I do take preperations beforehand

I dislike cigarettes and any other drugs.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There is a large occurence of that on the reserves in the north of the country. Look at where some of them are located. They're completely shut off from society, but they still experience it, through television, movies, etc. There is nothing there. No opportunities, just desolation. Many of the kids who are gas huffing are in their early teens, not exactly old enough to move away and look for a better life.

SURVIVAL INTERNATIONAL reports that the Innu people in Canada's northeastern regions have the highest suicide rate in the world: 178 per 100,000 persons per year. This compares to an average suicide rate of 14 per 100,000 elsewhere in Canada, and 12 per 100,000 in the U.S.

Its a truly sad situation. Even when they try to make a life for themselves and leave the reservation, many can not cope with the adjustment and end up homeless. I've read that in cities like Edmonton, Calgary Natives make up around 80% of the homeless population. What can be done? What can we do? We've pushed an entire culture into a corner and now no one wants to deal with the mess we've created. Do you ever hear anyone talking about Native rights?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nope, you don't.

Even the reserves that are closer to urban centers are still run down and seem so dreary, as well.
My Aunty lives on a reserve. Whenever I go see her I'm saddened. Life just seems to lack prospect.
Like you said, sometimes when people leave in search of a better life, they can't handle it, and end up in a seemingly worse situation. The reserves don't breed hope, I can understand why no one would want to stay.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ahh...Darwinism at it's finest....at least these two idiots are gone from the gene pool...

Sad as it is...you'd think anyone, even an 11 year old, would know when enough is enough....jeez....

quote]

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Gazrok]

No, Gazrok, they wouldn't. This is very sad. These were two little boys, with absolutely inadequate parental supervision. 11 year olds are considered children for a reason...because they are.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ahh...Darwinism at it's finest....at least these two idiots are gone from the gene pool...

Sad as it is...you'd think anyone, even an 11 year old, would know when enough is enough....jeez....

quote]

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Gazrok]

No, Gazrok, they wouldn't. This is very sad. These were two little boys, with absolutely inadequate parental supervision. 11 year olds are considered children for a reason...because they are.

And natural selection exists for a reason. To weed out the sub par children.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is...terrible.. I think the kids were mainly just stupid. It's obvious they were most likely already alcoholics at this age, and were used to drinking heavily. A BAC of .5 is very hard to achieve, unless you are trying to kill yourself..I'm surprised the kid didn't pass out before he could drink that much, most pass out at .3 Still, it is sad, but their own fault.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think this is a really sad story

Every kid at some point dabbles with alcohol
and it ended up killing these two

Very Sad, Very Sad Indeed.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

the sad thing is, 13 isnt even unbelievable to me.

in my 5th grade class (yes, elementary school, recess, line leaders, the whole schpeal) a kid in my class was SELLING drugs to middle school kids. he was arrested in the 6th grade for smoking M in the bathroom.

twisted? yes!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this is flat out crazed.

i,however, know many people who got drunk at this early of an age, one happens to be the person imgetting married to!

hahaha!

but seriously folks! whenwill this madness end? better yet, when did it start???

the fact that we cannot remember is the problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We could point the finger at a lot of things, but that would be an oversimplification of an overall problem in America.

Tabooism. Have you ever heard the idea that Catholic girls are the easiest? I have, and know about it first hand.

Kids who were not allowed any junk food gorging themselves in the rare instance they are afforded any at all?

This is the essence of childhood. Parents do not do enough to introduce these ideas to their kids and talk to them about it.

I have no problem if a child drinks some with his parents at an appropriate time. I do not think children and guns are bad should they have been educated and trained in the specifics and monitored.

Other influences affect kids. When they have no role models or someone to teach them, they look to peers and to culture, which is a bad thing.

Adults can decern what is for them and what is not, children can not.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, these kids were stupid, but thats what makes kids kids. they make mistakes. its sad that these two went too far. there parents should have been keeping an eye on them more closely.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I have no problem if a child drinks some with his parents at an appropriate time. I do not think children and guns are bad should they have been educated and trained in the specifics and monitored.

I am glad you brought that up, I was allowed to drink alcohol when I was with my family. Holidays, parties, weddings, etc, we would be allowed to have a glass of wine, or take a sip. Perhaps that and the rest of my upbringing made me realize and see that alcohol is totally overrated...and I never had the urge to sneak a drink while under age.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes, in Europe, they have a very different view on alcohol.

Kids drink, not to excess, but they do. It being so heavily focused on is the big deal.

Hell, it's like a national holiday when a kid turns 21, but I doubt any of them had not drank before.

After someone turns 21, more often than not, they find out that it is no big deal, and stop idolizing it.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yes, in Europe, they have a very different view on alcohol.

Kids drink, not to excess, but they do. It being so heavily focused on is the big deal.

Hell, it's like a national holiday when a kid turns 21, but I doubt any of them had not drank before.

After someone turns 21, more often than not, they find out that it is no big deal, and stop idolizing it.

because then before you can drive you already know how much you can handle, so you dont do anything stupid. kids here drive before they drink, so they think they are gods of the road, go get totally wasted on the 21st birthday because they have not experimented enough to know how much their body can take, and then go die.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Have you ever heard the idea that Catholic girls are the easiest? I have, and know about it first hand.

This goes the same for church people in general, I live in Texas and regularly attend my friends baptist church, I dont go for good word, I go to meet new cute church chicks who are just dying to live a little.

My friend does not know this and hopefully he isnt an ATS member or my plans will be screwed.

But back to topic, Jethros is right about tabooism its the biggest drive for immoral behavior.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Have you ever heard the idea that Catholic girls are the easiest? I have, and know about it first hand.

This goes the same for church people in general, I live in Texas and regularly attend my friends baptist church, I dont go for good word, I go to meet new cute church chicks who are just dying to live a little.

yeah im in texas, it seems to be that way with all the community church kids.
and the catholic girls, of course. im raised catholic hahaha have yo heard billy joels "only the good die young"?
listen to it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join