It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can SO make a way to login simultaneously to ATS and BTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It would be nice to be able to log-in once to both sites. I think this would drive more traffic to BTS. (Maybe, maybe not).

I like the way the cookies work, I log-in once to ATS and turn on my computer and I am already logged in.

One last question:

I see SO and Simon on-line alot but not too many posts come from you guys for the time I see you guys on. Do you just lurk on the board or do a lot of behind the scenes stuff?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why would you want to log into BTS, jhill76?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Only for the computer forums my friend!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I like the way the cookies work, I log-in once to ATS and turn on my computer and I am already logged in.

Thanks

You log-in to BTS the same way. You'll only get logged out if you delete your cookies or they expire.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is the number one reason I don't visit BTS.
It is kind of a pain in the butt to have to LOG IN over there all the dang time when I am perma logged in here.....
Sometimes I will try and flip over to BTS and then when I see the log in page I just backspace and forget about it.
I KNOW I KNOW logging in isn't THAT big of a deal, no different than making a post, but when I see the LOG IN TO BTS thing I just move away........its annoying that being logged into one place of the site doesn't log you in to ALLLLL of it.....so I have not been on BTS in a long time.....I would go there more if I was logged in and could just click over.
But I'm not so I don't.

There has to be something over there really pulling me to do it.....and I have no clue whats over there for the most part as the log in page is a pain.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Maybe it is just me. But this doesn't work for I. I have to login every time I visit BTS.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Oh, right. Yes. Sorry. Good idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Have you tried a program like iMacros to log in for you?. Just record yourself logging in on both sites, save it, then whenever you want to log in on both sites again just press play and it'll take like 5 seconds.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Original_Sin

That is a new one for me. I am going to have to look into that one. Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How about letting firefox or I.E or whichever browser remember your login or does nobody trust that move? Thats what Ive done, its still a pain in the butt having to log in twice tho.. and even get to the login button, but thats just pure laziness on my part maybe

To login on ATS I have tog go - board - login?.. would be cool if there was a login at the top of the homepage and that opens both ATS and BTS.

Well.. maybe its each to their own preference. I consider the board page the homepage of ATS I rarely look at the front.. there could easy be a login box at the top of both pages.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by True-Light

I don't understand why there isn't a login on the front page. I always have to click another page then login if I am on a different computer. Maybe SO can chime in on this?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

What's wrong with BTS? We have some of the greatest discussions there and a lot of the time the subject matter isn't as foreboding and stringent as those topics on ATS.

People are friendlier and more cordial. People in the BTS forums have great things to talk about and fun stuff to do.

ATS is awesome and all, but I like the forums on BTS.

As for jhill76 why can't you use the same idea and keep logged into BTS the same way you are always logged into ATS? I do that, I am always logged into both boards so that I can switch between.

What is a little bothersome, not much mind you but a little is when I respond to a BB&Q and afterwards I'm automatically on ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The problems I see being referred to here are on the individuals end.

Yes, members must log into each board. But unless you are deleting your cookies daily, you can easily remain logged in both forums to allow seamless transition between both boards. I frequent BTS as much as I do ATS, and I am constantly flipping between boards all day; without even realizing it.

For those who refuse to even look at the board, you really don't know what you're missing.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I see. But could there be a login on the front page. (A totally different question)

Maybe this was talked about before?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76 But could there be a login on the front page.

I asked that in the What would you like to see thread, but it was ignored.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
It is kind of a pain in the butt to have to LOG IN over there all the dang time when I am perma logged in here.....
Sometimes I will try and flip over to BTS and then when I see the log in page I just backspace and forget about it.

Ditto RiverGoddess, you summed it up nicely.
Many time I linked to something in BTS and was caught with the log in now button.
Kind of a turn off when your in the flow of reading post.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Whats buggin me is if I need to post on BTS I cant just login to BTS and post [as I just realised] I have to go back to ATS and login there first. So there may just aswel be one global login. And Im often forgetting to log out of one site..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I KNOW I KNOW logging in isn't THAT big of a deal, no different than making a post, but when I see the LOG IN TO BTS thing I just move away........its annoying that being logged into one place of the site doesn't log you in to ALLLLL of it.....so I have not been on BTS in a long time.....I would go there more if I was logged in and could just click over.
But I'm not so I don't.

There has to be something over there really pulling me to do it.....and I have no clue whats over there for the most part as the log in page is a pain.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

This is the same as me. I just can't be bothered to log into BTS. I just hit the hit the backspace every time I'm directed to BTS.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Shame too I just posted a thread on BTS [wrong move apparently its still unviewed] about Robbie Williams music waking Kerstin Fritzl from a coma.. you know the grandaughter of the psycho Josef who locked her and others up in the cellar all her life?

BTS is alright, its light hearted we all need a little light heartedness. Why dont you just let your browser save your login info for ATS and BTS.. then when you get there all you have to do is click login without typing your name and password? If your permanently logged in here anyway its even easier.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by True-Light]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I also would like a sitewide log in. It sure would get me to BTS a lot more often.

top topics

join