It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* The Shocking Photo Of The Hindu Idol Barack Obama Carries For Good Luck

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Shocking!!!!

Here, all this time, I thought Obama was a stealth Muslim, but it turns out he's a stealth Hindu

OMG OMG!!!!

He's going to make us all wear dots on our heads!

We're all DOOOMED!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I dunno... personally I'll be reviewing the candidates based on what their stances are regarding the issues.

Not who carries a rabbit's foot or whatever.

What does this sidetracking accomplish?

Great question. I think you answered your own question.

I think that Obama's own camp is fanning the flames for these side issues just for the reason you implied -they don't want Obama's stance on the issues scrutinized. Obama is far too liberal for main stream America, and by creating these side issues they can distract from his positions AND make Obama into the victim of racist smear campaigns.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I hate Obama...I believe he is another N.W.O puppet..BUT...this is the second time in 2 days that I will stick
up for him and say ...WHO CARES..

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I completely agree. Now that the focus is so narrow, both sides will be creating all kinds of manufactured and contrived controversy to keep people's minds away from the most important issues. And sadly enough, most people will focus on exatly what the media tells them too.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

What a load of BS.

It's you people who keep bringing up these silly non-issues, Obama (and McCain, to his credit) are trying to stick to the issues.

Take a gander at the top 20 threads in this "Politicians & People" forum, and take a look for yourself. It's not Obama or his supporters who are bringing this kind of nonsense up. It's not even John McCain or his campaign - it's a very vocal fringe group of far-right types that get their talking points from WND, LGF, Faux News, and the like.

Not that you don't already know that, considering you are one of the worst offenders.

But hey, it's OK to lie through your teeth as long as you've convinced yourself you're one of the "good guys", right?

[edit on 6/11/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

he is a self proclaimed Christian. that means he should have no false idols before God...unless his being a Christian is just a ride to the white house.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It blows my mind to think that anyone would consider this story unimportant

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Or maybe he's just carrying a good luck charm because of who gave it to him and not what it actually is

It is from a soldier serving in Iraq. It doesn't mean he believes in the symbolism of what the trinkets are.

Good grief....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
It blows my mind to think that anyone would consider this story unimportant

I believe I owe you an apology. I was one who didn't appreciate this thread. I want you to now that it was not my intent to disrespect you or your material.

My frustration was with the notion that this man's predilection for a good luck trinket should form the basis of a judgment of the man's character or candidacy. Perhaps that was your intent to explore, but I should have addressed it less obliquely than I did.

People have chosen to carry good luck charms for a very, very, long time. The things that they have chosen have ranged from the bizarre to the offensive. That Mr. Obama is one of those people doesn't seem to be noteworthy to me. It is true that purists of the Christian faith will decry such things as 'against' their belief system, and so they are, however I personally know many Christian 'religious' leaders who have 'good luck' charms of their own.

Unless there is reason to believe that this little figurine represents something more sinister than a good luck charm I can't find merit in the title you chose, in particular the phrase "Shocking" or "Hindu Idol". They seem to carry an inflammatory connotation that goes far beyond the stated 'good luck charm' purpose.

Just my opinion mind you.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Djarums
I dunno... personally I'll be reviewing the candidates based on what their stances are regarding the issues.

Not who carries a rabbit's foot or whatever.

What does this sidetracking accomplish?

Great question. I think you answered your own question.

I think that Obama's own camp is fanning the flames for these side issues just for the reason you implied -they don't want Obama's stance on the issues scrutinized. Obama is far too liberal for main stream America, and by creating these side issues they can distract from his positions AND make Obama into the victim of racist smear campaigns.

Well said. Your theory about Obama's supporters floating this kind of crap out there makes a lot of sense to me. I can see some more wacky types actually believing in the idea that he's a closet Muslim and anti-American because it's somewhat believable to a conspiracy theorist and would actually effect his policy as a president, but stories about the lucky charms he carries around, replete with an Old Testament Bible quote warning believers about idols? That's just silly. Almost as bad as all the nutjobs out there claiming Obama's the Anti-Christ.

Just like it turns out Democrat operatives spread the rumor about Michelle Obama going on a racist rant against "whitey", just to bait conservatives into discussing said tape and being "exposed" as race-baiters.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by EverythingYouDespise]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There's a new "shocking" revelation about Obama nearly every day. And this one is particularly lame. Don't you know character assassination when you see it?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Let's get back to basics. Let's do a quick refresher to remind everyone here of what Obama is really doing here.

I quote from the Jewish Stone Edition of the Torah (Chumash, i.e., Bible):

"God spoke all these statements saying: I am Hashem ("the Name"), your God, Who has taken you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presence. You shall not make a carved image nor any likeness of that which is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the water beneath the earth.

You shall not prostrate yourself to them nor worship them, for I am Hashem, your God - a jealous God, Who visits the sin of fathers upon the children of the third and fourth generations, for My enemies; but who shows kindness for thousands (of generations) to those who love Me and obey My commandments."

The commentary in the Torah explains as such: "Second Commandment: Prohibition against Idolatry. This commandment comprises four separate negative injunctions: a) it is forbidden to believe in idols, b) it is forbdden to make or possess them, c) it is forbidden to worship them through any of the four forms of Divine service....d) it is forbidden to worship an idol by a means that is unique to it, even if such a method is not used for other deities, and even if the service would be considered disrespectful in any other context...

This verse prohibits not only the worship, but the manufacture of idols. A carved image is a three dimensional, accurate representation of something, while a likeness is a symbolic image, which may be either sculpted, drawn, or produced in any other way."

Obama is clearly violating the Second Commandment. Western civilization is founded on Judeo-Christian ethics, not Hindu ethics. This action of carrying an idol with him at all times is an abomination against the Lord, and our Christian and Jewish heritage.

Obama is doing this out of sheer ignorance of God's commandments, which means that he is not suitable for the highest office of the land, or because he is aware of the commandment and chooses to disobey it. Either way, he's in clear violation, and God will not be a happy camper.

You are already starting to see the wrath of the Lord as he strips away His protection for this country, which was once a land of God-fearing people, and now is rampant with idolatry, and virtually every other sin in the Ten Commandments. Just follow the news and you are starting to see the Lord's wrath unfold as he metes out punishment against a nation steeped in idolatry and other blasphemous behavior.

Our Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their grave if they knew that the nominated candidate to the Presidency carried an idol in his pocket. At least they knew the Ten Commandments.

It's high time the American people got back to basics, gang.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

This should not be an issue. Instead, we should be worrying that Obama is a communist. I don't care what good luck charm her carries, I am more concerned that he carries Karl Marx in his heart and beliefs.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Speaking as a Hindu, I am glad Obama displays this idol. I changed from Christianity to Hinduism 40 years ago. Hinduism does NOT think they are the only path to God realization. In fact they consider all religions are separate but equal paths to God. Just like different paths up a mountain. some take longer, but they all lead to the Summit.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Soooo....

What is the significance of this?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well at least his isnt running around Bohemien Grove,worshiping statues of Owls named Moloch.
Like some of our other politicains.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
From the website the OP provided:

According to Hinduism, Hanuman represents pure devotion, complete surrender and the absence of ego or the lower self. They believe that once one completely surrenders to the inner self and the mind becomes devoted completely, the mind can obtain miraculous powers and perform amazing feats like that of Hanuman.

In addition, it is thought by Hindus that whoever worships Hanuman is granted tremendous fortitude and strength.

Could someone explain how anyone could discern this as a bad thing? What am I missing here? The pure devotion, absence of ego, fortitude, or strength? Are these all not qualities that anyone, let alone a possible leader of a country would strive to achieve?

I personally carry or wear 4 rings, 1 silver/snakeskin bracelet, a necklace with 3 gold charms. I don't care if you comment on my 'bling,' call me Mr.T, or refer to my being superstitious, but all these things are important to me and have some deep and personal meaning.

I guarantee you that the Indian charm was given to him by someone he cares about, or by someone whom he loves very much - maybe by someone whom he has a tremendous respect for. And I'm sure it was given to him with the intent of giving him strength and mental focus through difficult times.

It's not like tomorrow he will shave his head, paint a red stripe on it, sacrifice villagers, and yell 'Kali Ma, Shakti De!'

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

If Barrack is following Hindu religion then I say that is great! Read up a little about Hindu, you might realize that it is not the evil you think it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
And this means what exactly?

So, Obama empties his pockets and lo and behold there is this... thing... wait for it...
A Trinket not lot which has been seen before! The world is coming to an end, apocalypse, anti-whatever, pro whatever... whatever.

Big deal...
I could care less what faith or superstitions this .. better yet or any man or woman for that matter has, and in no way do those said things mean anything to me, really. I'm more influenced by one's own integrity and devotion to the betterment of mankind than race, creed... (insert whatever you think here) and that is what makes us all human, does it not?

What would you think if this man emptied his pockets and there was a money clip filled with hundred-dollar bills? Would it make you think any different? Would it make you feel better or worse?

Like I said, big deal... this is amounting to making a mountain out of a mole hill really. If I stood before you all right now and emptied my pockets in my hands for your personal inspection, you would most likely find a couple of wheatback pennies I scrounged during operating a till for the day (I pay them back just so you know) a silver dollar for luck, a Yen... (oh noes!) and a piece of pence. Dig a little further and you might just find a small strip of paper from a fortune cookie, a worn out Zippo... and what's this....?! A small fuzzy thing... lumpy... wait, it's just a ball of lint.
(I keep them in case I need to start a fire, you know)

Just think about that for a few.

~You can judge a man by the size of his pockets, and that is fine... but to judge a man for what is in them is just plain wrong, seriously.~
~telemetry~

[spelling]
[format]
[edit on 13-6-2008 by telemetry]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Whats the big deal? I don't understand why this would be even news, Why do we waste are intellect focusing on such matters that truly do not matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join