It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unicorn' born in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

'Unicorn' born in Italy

www.telegraph.co.uk

"This is a demonstration that the fabled unicorn, which we all know from icons and legends, probably was not just a fantasy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
www.vorchester.com

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Or a deeracorn you decide. I've heard of goats with a similar problem.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by logicize

Hehe, "deercorn"
He looks sweet. I guess this could account for sightings in the old times. A story told about a dear with one horn, turns into a horse during late night drinking and then turns into fable.

He's gonna be one nasty fighter though. Hard for opponents to defend themselves against that piercing thing, hehe.

[edit on 11/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hi Logicize: Good find.
I have a close friend who created unicorns about 35 years ago. He created 4 of them by researching how the process was done in ancient times. He found out that they were made from goats and at birth, their horn buds were combined so that they turned into one single horn. He showed the unicorns at Ren Faires and the like and they were in the Los Angeles Times with a picture of the unicorn. There are pictures - I have met one of them and he was very sweet and beautiful.
He also patented the process.

Yes, unicorns ARE real!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by endrun

Hi to you too, and thanks.

That's probably the same unicorns I heard about years and years ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OMG! It's Charlie!! Come on Charlie we're going to Candy Mountain!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by endrun

Cool... but why did he do it? Just curious... was he into unicorns as a hobby or was it just a random experiment?

Edit: haha, I love that one
"We're on a bridge Chaarliee"

[edit on 11/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by endrun

Hi Logicize: Good find.
I have a close friend who created unicorns about 35 years ago. He created 4 of them by researching how the process was done in ancient times. He found out that they were made from goats and at birth, their horn buds were combined so that they turned into one single horn. He showed the unicorns at Ren Faires and the like and they were in the Los Angeles Times with a picture of the unicorn. There are pictures - I have met one of them and he was very sweet and beautiful.
He also patented the process.
Yes, unicorns ARE real!!

Wait, he patented a process that has been used for thousands of years?

Also, this is not in any way, shape, or form, a "unicorn". A unicorn was a HORSE with a single horn (hence "uni")

While I do believe that unicorns existed at one time, I believe they are now extinct.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Actually, my friend did years of research before undertaking this project. He learned that unicorns were the animals they did this with, not horses. Horses have no horns, no one would be able to make a unicorn out of a horse. The horse as unicorn was a myth that grew over time.
I don't know that the process was thousands of years old and didn't say that. The thing is, the process had been forgotten about and lost in the mists of time, so that by the time patents were invented, no one knew the process until my friend researched. His name is Oberon Zell-Ravenheart and you can find him all over the internet thru Google.
Why did he do it? Oberon is a practitioner of Magick. The legends go that when the unicorn returns to the earth, Magick will also return. That's why he did it, to have Magick return to the earth. This was back in the very early 1970's or thereabouts, when the Pagan/witchcraft movement was just starting to become big.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope they name it Charlie.

That was a good show I liked it Probe thanks................

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Unicorns probably came off the Elasmotherium, as a racial memory or from misinterpreted fossils.

The deericorn is still great though!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

In one notebook, Leonardo Da Vinci suggested unicorns could be captured using a virgin as bait.

I always wondered why you don't see many of them around these days.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I believe there was one following around madonna several years back until it realized it was just a song.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize

Or a deeracorn you decide. I've heard of goats with a similar problem.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Actually Unicorn would be correct.

Notice how the earliest mention of them depict them with the cloven hooves of a deer or goat? Now mix that with the white stag we found recently, and there is your Unicorn plain and simple.

So it wasn't the animal that was *imaginary* so much as the powers attributed to it.

Awesome find!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I knd of liked deeracorn, actually it would be deericorn. Is Unicorn latin for "one corn"?

There are a lot of beasts from the past that may have been real. Dragons and Leviathon jump to mind. Both probably some sort of dinosaur or relative of a dinosaur.

I'm not to sure there is anything the record that could be an excuse for a griffin though.

top topics

join