It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Bush Helping Saudi Arabia Build Nukes?: Wall Street Journal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hmm, take a good look now folks; soon the wool will be pulled completely over our eyes. So Iran can't have nukes but another, 'dangerous', nation is going to be given the technology...by us?

We have been arming our future enemies pretty consistantly, perhaps this is the first future enemy who will have the nukes that the administration keeps scaring us with.

Well, at least the reason for trusting them is sound, and we know they deserve it.

Don't let the war drums beat your mind into a blind acceptance of Iran as the enemy. Don't we ever learn our lesson?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
SAudi allready has nukes - what do you think sits on top of the IRBM`s at Al Sulayyil?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

"I presume that the president has a good deal of confidence in the King and in the leadership of Saudi Arabia."

I hope so he is constantly kissing them and holding their hands...

It is simple. SA is a client state of the US, the current regime a puppet government.

They cooperate with the business and political goals of the US.

Iran does not cooperate so they are evil. It makes no difference that we are supporting a monarchy. Bush actually said we invaded Iraq to promote democracy in the ME. More hypocrisy and cronyism from the masters.

You have it backwards. The US is a client of Saudi Arabia. The current US regime is the puppet of Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is madness! ..madness?.. madness! Anyway i dont even know what to say..all these posts recently have really made me think we are near the end of this nice little road we have been going down...i can see some drastic changes in how this world operates in the very near future.I really think the first full on nuclear war is just around the corner in our life times,as the ol saying goes "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" Has been true and will always be true.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

That's one thing I never understood. If 9/11 was indeed an inside job, why did they choose to make the hijackers mostly Saudi. They could have made them any nationality they wished, say Iranian or Iraqi or Palestinian. It doesn't make sense to make them mostly Saudi.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They have had us by the balls for far too long. These are personal friends of the ruling elite with one of the WORST human rights records around. If they want this technology we should demand they pay comparable prices to what the rest of the world pays for oil, A LOT!

Don't forget....as soon as we have alternatives for they're oil, they have to start eating SAND. They don't have anything else the world wants. I bet they would start playing nice when we don't need them anymore....and we won't forget what they have done.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Nuclear energy, on the other hand, would require enormous investments in new infrastructure by a country with zero expertise in this complex technology.

What (American?) company will get the Saudi oil money for construction?

In the 1970's Saudis (as well as Iranians) bought American military hardware (such as the Saudi AWACS) with their oil money. Americans pumped increasingly priced gas into their cars, and increasing money into the pockets of the Saudis, who then gave money to corporations for military "toys".

reply to post by Leo Strauss

Yes, Leo, I, too, saw the cultural kissing and handholding. Kind of cute. But, I am more dour on the kissing of their derriere being done by my country's leaders.

Re Who is In, Who is Out on America's Favorite Friends list:

So said the character Arthur Jensen in Network (1976) "There are no nations; there are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems; one vast, interwoven, interacting, multivaried, multinational dominion of dollars"

That is why we should not speak of war; corporations and the politicians they control don't care whose son or daughter fights for them. We need leaders who "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
(Sun-tzu Chinese general & military strategist ~400 BC)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To understand this you need to look at the relationship of Prince Bandar and George W. Bush. When you start looking, you may be horrified. Jeff Gannon, Prince Bandar ... the list goes on.

It is clear that whatever is happening in Saudi Arabia has a great deal to do with George H.W. Bush far more than it has to do with his son.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Before i address the WHY part here, I need to suggest something about 9/11. Let's say that it is indeed an inside job. Consequently, the negotiators would probably make at least minimal efforts to insulate the powers behind the plot. Send Joe Schmo to the most accessible hot bed of anti-Western thought. Joe Schmo offers some shadow group a bunch of money to orchestrate a high-profile terrorist act on the US with guarantees of easy access. Joe Schmo's shadow group contact recruits some sincere suicide radicals and sets them up for the show. Unwitting pawns. Everybody's happy. But the "terrorists' are Saudi Nationals. No suprise.

Now, WHY?
Well, we know some annoying things about the Saudis.
They export radical anti-western thinkers and militants.
They have a terrible human rights record.
They are a monarchy.
They boycott Israeli goods/markets.
They provide financial support to (potential) enemy states.

So really, WHY?
Founding member of the UN.
They provide a huge amount of aid funding for poverty-stricken states.
They haven't been at war since the 1920's-early 30's.
They promote non-violent Islamic Revolution.
They play ball, i.e. cut funding to the Taliban when asked to, support Western military actions.
Support modernization in the ME.
They already have access to nuclear materials.

Granted, they aren't truly complete allies of the West, but they are sophisticated enough to keep their conflicts off the battlefield and in the markets. And that's all we really ask.

We have some pretty cozy agreements with the Saudi princes and they have served us well, in many instances. We cannot condemn anti-Western thought and/or philosophy, only violent action, which is wholly denounced by Saudi Arabia, even if some of their money gets used for those purposes. Everybody's does eventually.
Getting nuclear energy established for a country growing as fast as Saudi Arabia is a good idea for everyone. Happy, comfy Muslims and Arabs in the ME means less war.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You don't understand.. nuclear power is not the same as nuclear weapons. We also offered Turkey nuclear power plants, however they refused. Iran was also offered nuclear power, so long as Russia over saw the removal of spent nuclear fuel.. they of course refused.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Very considerate of you to clarify this point...i couldn't quite bring myself to do it...lol . . . so thank you. It might help my post make a little more sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bush and Rice should revisit the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty they signed in 1968. If USA gives away nuclear technology to the Saudis, why shouldn't Russia help out Iran?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Perhaps Pink Floyd put it best...

"Hell opened up & put on sale'
Gather 'round and haggle."

For everything there is a reason, this time next year we will be paying $6+ for a gallon of regular gas. The funny thing about it is, we will be glad to pay. Fact is, it will only get worse.

Hint of advise: Buy stock in bicycles.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

the reason he is selling them nuclear technology is that they will need that power for the six citys he intends to help them build in the desert. the y and the capital will be the seven diadems on the head of the great seven headed beast opec the oily serpent . global warming will produce the day afetr tomorrow senario and trhe desert will be a gooid place to live then as it was before.
The rest of us are just the lumpen prolateriate slaves to their system.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Again, I expect this to be censored but it serves my conscience to make my comments even if only God and some dweeb hear them.

The Bush Family are bought and paid for Minons of the Saudi Royal Family and are puppets of the 3% who are behind the plans for a NWO. The CIA used Saudis as the front for their attack on the WTC.

The Enemies of the USA are here, running our government and military.

It is too late for most of you.

Meanwhile, my gold, silver, oil and commodity stock gains are paying for more metal containers and another Bulldozer...thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

You don't understand.. nuclear power is not the same as nuclear weapons. We also offered Turkey nuclear power plants, however they refused. Iran was also offered nuclear power, so long as Russia over saw the removal of spent nuclear fuel.. they of course refused.

While reading through this, I was wondering when someone would notice the conversation was about the wrong topic.

On topic:

There is another consideration being overlooked here I think. We are in a competition for Saudi oil with other countries. Both China and India are increasing their buying at a rapid pace. These favors are to insure that we can buy the oil we need. These oil producing countries are under no obligation to sell their oil to us.

Iran is enriching material to be used in bombs. What is being given to the Saud's will not produce material to be used in bombs. A huge difference. So, why all the spin to try and make the situations look similar when they in fact are not. Honest discussions are far more productive than dishonest ones.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Bush and Rice should revisit the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty they signed in 1968. If USA gives away nuclear technology to the Saudis, why shouldn't Russia help out Iran?

Iran is enriching material to build weapons. The Saud's are only going to use nuclear power plants and will not be enriching material for weapons. HUGE difference.

I have to wonder if people actually read the article?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

There is also a nifty side effect.. when Nuclear Power replaces current Saudi power plants it will alleviate the need for massive oil consumption on the Saudi's part to power the country. Thus more to export to alleviate demand.

And of course you are correct, favors mean favors in return. People think the US is just destroying the Middle East.. and they are very wrong.. we destroyed Iraq, an emblem of the Old Middle East.. the Sauds, Kuwait, UAE, even Iran, Jordan .. these countries have all seen a rise in revenue because the US destroyed once standing barricades. Just look at Dubai .. an icon of what the Middle East SHOULD be.. a region where they are not oil dependant, but also have many other sectors of industry and consumption to create a "real" economy, thus relieving poverty and that backward image we all seem to think of Arabs.. robed men in a desert on a camel.

War is change, and change can be a good thing.

Also to the guy who said if we help the Sauds Russia should be allowed to help Iran.

That was the whole plan.. Russia is building the plants and thus they where to be the over sight even after they are built. But Iran didn't want that. Makes you wonder what they want with all that spent Uranium ... hmmmm .. yes, I do wonder....
No nation keeps it's waste without a purpose. Most often, it's for the Big Bomb.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

According to whom? The pathological liars in the whitehouse and pentagon?

This is what is so funny about this. There is NO proof whatsoever that Iran is doing what these maniacs are constantly threatening them for, other than their accusations.

So based on this premise, maybe someone should start investigating what the U.S. is up to with the Saudi's? Since we have about as much proof that it has NOTHING to do with weaponry as their claims that Iran is doing it...

Gotta love the Irony...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

War is change, and change can be a good thing.

wow.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join