It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Admits to not knowing how to use a computer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

McCain Admits to not knowing how to use a computer

www.huffingtonpost.com

This video appears to be from at least six weeks ago, but no one has really commented on it. Do we want a commander-in-chief who can't use a computer without assistance?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But yet his policies will reflect this. How can one who doesn't know how to use a computer set policies on a such important issue since we utilize them everyday in our lives.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Computers are a vitale part of the world we live in today, so how can a potential preisdent of the Untied States not know how to use one?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He has falsified documents and passed them off as his own, what else would you expect from a politician.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wasn't McCain a pilot? How the hell can he not know how to use a computer? I haven't commented on McCain, but the more I read about him the more he seems like a horrible candidate. Either he's there to make Obama look good or the republicans have gone stark raving looney.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I'll take door number two, but they've always seemd a bit looney to me anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Wasn't McCain a pilot? How the hell can he not know how to use a computer?

Yes, but planes can fly without the use of computers...

As embaressing as this is, it realy isnt a major issue.

McCain is old... i would be surprised if he knew how to with the TV guide, much less the internt...

This is basicly a non-story... like Obama being a chian-smoker... not a big story...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
lol. This doesn't suprise me in the least. Plenty of older people can't be be bothered to learn how to use newer technology. I'm sure his younger wife knows how though if push came to shove. I mean, I'm sure Clinton knows his way around the internet but why do you think THAT is

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah McCain was a pilot, I think he wrecked about 4 planes, and got shot down at least once, oh yea and he blew the living crap out of the U.S.S Forestall. This guy is like Mr. Magoo, except with a huge insane temper, BTW I am no Obama fan in case you were wondering.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow. Never admit that, especially if you're old, and especially not if you're running for the highest office in the land!

'I need my wifey...' pathetic.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I think this is an issue with him issuing policies on computers. Like judges deciding cases in which deal solely with information systems. The RIAA is a big example of this.

But, if he has some techie advisor's, then I feel a whole lot better.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wonder how many computer capable youngsters here on the board could run the machinery in a 1940's type machine shop, weld, build heirloom quality furniture, fly an airplane, operate a sailboat and navigate without electronics.

I'm pretty sure if Mr. McCain is elected, he'll hire some whiz kids to operate a computer for him, but when you think about it, aside from information flowing in, the computers not gonna do much for the Prez and the decision making process.

Computers really are a huge waste of time except for the few who are drawing information from it.

Ever been in a store and the computers were down?
Can't buy a damn thing....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Computers really are a huge waste of time except for the few who are drawing information from it.

I have to disagree. Computers are not a waste of time because we wouldn't be collaborating as we are now. Also, computers run the space shuttle, the hubble telescope, etc.

Also, you just stated it right there, if the computers are down you can't do anything!!!

But, as for him on the computer that is not the question. The biggest thing is setting policies, just like net neutrality. That is a big issue, basically ISP's want to control what we see on the internet and that is a no go in a lot of peoples book.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
But, as for him on the computer that is not the question. The biggest thing is setting policies, just like net neutrality. That is a big issue, basically ISP's want to control what we see on the internet and that is a no go in a lot of peoples book.

I have to agree with you there. How can someone who can't use a computer be trusted to set reasonable policies when it comes to the net? As it is, I think ISPs have too much control over what their subscribers can access. If I'm paying for unlimited access, I should get unlimited access.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

I have to disagree. Computers are not a waste of time because we wouldn't be collaborating as we are now. Also, computers run the space shuttle, the hubble telescope, etc.

Also, you just stated it right there, if the computers are down you can't do anything!!!

Yeah, I should have said, that PCs are a waste of time for some.
I spend too much time on the net and should be taking care of projects.

Best thing I like about them?
The word processing programs that allow writers to knock stuff out pretty fast.
Research capabilities are very handy as well.

Even so, I wonder what the complainers about McCains perceived or actual lack of computer skills can do away from the computer that people of his generation can and did with slide rules and the like.

America, while becoming computer proficient is losing a lot of skills and knowledge in some areas....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

But yet his policies will reflect this. How can one who doesn't know how to use a computer set policies on a such important issue since we utilize them everyday in our lives.

Using this logic, I think it's much more important that Obama doesn't know how to fly a plane. I mean planes are an important part of everyday life, and they're used in the military. How can one who doesn't know how to fly a plane set policies on important military and transportation issues when he doesn't even know how to fly one?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have no problem with Senator McCain not knowing how to use a computer. I myself, have no idea how to use a politician.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What I take from this is that this man and possibly many other politicians are computer illiterate. This tool help with information. Might the gov be more efficient if these people used them instead of waiting for things to be written, transcribed, printed and passed around. Seems like they are living in the 19th century. Guess when in power a person has someone else do as much of the work as possible. Do the aids read the text of the bills to politicians also.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So he doesn't know how to use a computer, big deal! It's not really a critical skill, and I'll bet he does know how to spell and form a grammatically correct sentence. Which is more important? form or substance? Do you guys really believe the President does his own typing? That's why he has aides and staffers at his disposal.

I'll bet he probably doesn't know how to cook either! That should be automatic grounds for dismissal from a presidential campaign in and of itself..

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I find this more humorous than anything. I think in some cases of legislation it would be important, but that is what advisers are for. As long he doesn't veto my beer.

For a real challenge he should try programming the clock on a VCR or DVD. Can you imagine walking into the oval office and seeing the dreaded flashing "12:00"?

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Hal9000]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join