It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ignorant society: Do we have any hope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A couple of my buddys were staying the night and we were bored as hell at about 2 am central time. I decided to show them the video by the name of Esoteric Agenda. (if you have not yet seen this it is a MUST watch) Even from the beginning they were so ignorant to anything the narrator said that it just blew me away.

In the first of the 13 videos it talks about how paganism is in our world today and it mentions how the holy grail was actually blood from a woman's menstruation cycle. I have never seen my friend so offended, and he would not stop arguing about how this was all bs.

It goes on however. When it talked about how the same bloodlines have stayed in power throughout the world, again, they would not stop fighting about how this is not true. The video states to watch it with an open mind, and even goes about how 88% of our population bases everything they believe of of other people, and only 13% of our population basis everything off of logic.

I explained to them how they are acting only proves what this video was trying to say, and they would just laugh. The Fluoride in our water and codex alimentarius had gotten their eyes a bit wider. I had even taken them to the codex website and showed them the proof, and one of my friends began to believe.

He would say things like, "okay, if this is true, then what can we do about this: nothing." I tried to explain how there are great minds out there who invent such things as the car, or the light bulb, and one just might think of a solution that can save us. He didn't buy it. The other friend was just too ignorant to even believe in codex alimentarius, even though the proof was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. "I will believe it when I see it.", that is all he would say.

The truth is that when he does "see" it, it will be too late. We need to act, and we NEED to get SOMETHING done. The problem that I see however is that our society is just way too ignorant. I thought that if this video goes mainstream, then it just may change how people see our society and people will act. From this experience though, I think otherwise.

The only people that would take what this video had said, and act on it, would only be the 13% of our population in which use logic to think. I was just so dumbfounded when I realized that with the proof right in front of them, they still do nothing.

So, with our society so ignorant and so brainwashed by the government, is there anything that we can do? Do we have ANY hope of survival in this New World Order?

If anyone has a solution as to what we can do, or how we can convince the people that this IS hapenning and this is TRUE, I would really like to know. This event just proved to me that we do not have any hope left, and we are all doomed for what is to come.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by SteveZ]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveZ

Some people have created a paradigm that they feel safe in. If a person is unwilling to live the feeling of safety offered by their paradigm no evidence will be sufficient. However I hope most people at some point are willing to take a peak from under their covers and search for the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was thinking of something along those lines as well, but is there any way of awakening the people? Using my buddys as an example, do you think there is anything more I can show them or tell them that will convince them of the truth?
I know that at least one person on ATS has a solution, and I am all ears.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You are a bright individual with whole hearted concerns in a world that has gone mad. I tell you this, as long as you operate by logic, your world will be lonely. Your friends will see things the way you do when something impacts them DIRECTLY as a result of its incurring madness that is spreading in a pandemic fashion. I live in San Bernardino CA. I have moved here from Orange County to get away from it all just to find the high level of ignorance and self righteous wannabe yuppies bustling around in their benzos , caddys, & suvs here too. They mingle about oblivious to the world's problems and their own for that matter. They're too busy chasing the carrot on a stick in front of them. When you work so god damned hard for material possessions and status, realizing it can be gone in a second leaves little else to care for; namely their children. I share the same sentiment as you regarding the demise of humans based on this evil, empirical so called government. I truly believe the tentacles of social engineering has taken hold and is now boring into the malleable young minds it's sick and twisted agenda in a slithering subtle way. Remeber, the U.S. is NOT a sovereign nation. We have long since been bought out due to our credit and banking system that perpetually keeps us in debt. In other words our government is not for the people by the people. We are a huge business enterprise operating solely for the interests of the governing body (which no one can really pinpoint who that is, illuminati?) In a nutshell, whenever we pick up a shovel our income taxes are hardly going back to the school system, pot hole repairs, or any other program intended to increase the quality of life for it's citizens. No, my friend. The government levies burdensome tax hikes, bonds, and lotteries for that. Enough I say. I have taken my own approach to this situation. I have ripped my credit cards, closed my bank accounts, work under the table, and do my damndest to avoid sales tax, chiefly smokes & brew. Next, I will openly kickback on a street corner with signs advertising my personal strike against the U.S. They cannot force me to work, that would be "unconstitutional". If that doesn't work, I haven't ruled out vigilante tactics such as takin out street light cameras with my silencer equipped M-16. Lets face it folks, the "government" doesn't give two #s about our safety. It's just another revenue generator. Why all the cops? Why all the new dodge magnum squad cars & suvs? Why the BMW patrol bikes? I thought we're broke? The "government is lying to us and 88% of the people are ignorant of this fact. As long as ipods, cosmo mags, sports teams, coach bags, mass media, and xboxes are there, thats all the 88% need to pacify their infantile, shallow, obtuse minds. I understand your frustration and fear. David Bowie said it best in a song called I'm afraid of Americans. The powers that be exist because of the sweat off our brow. Take that into consideration next time you look at your measly paycheck and think there's gotta be a better way. When we refuse to go to work, "they" will be #ting in their pants frightened. We will resume power without so much as waking up to an alarm clock.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The way I try to convince people of things like this is to start small and work my way up. Sometimes if you give someone too much information that seems unbelievable, it becomes very easy to dismiss.

For example, my friend didn't believe that UFO's could exist.
Instead of ramming straight into the subject of extraterrestrials, I thought I might be able to persuade him if I had another example of our government lying to us. so I started to talk about 9-11, specifically the feasibility of the towers falling the way they did, WTC7, etc...

I managed to convince him that not only had the government known about it in advance, but probably had a hand in taking them down.
If the government is capable of lying to us about this, it follows logically that they have lied to us before and are probably lying to us now.
He still doesn't believe in UFO's, but at least he's a little more open to strange ideas.

Slow, steady, and logical wins the race.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for the information, will try it ;D

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We live in an addictive society that would rather stay in denial. We can attract those who willingly care to listen but cannot promote to those who want to remain blinded. It is just hitting your head against the wall.

It is developing the mindset that we have to let-go. Let be, what will be. Either they will see the big white elephant in the room or they will go down with it.

Sound harsh? Reality...usually is!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In a way, yes, the government did help, they knew about the plot well in advance, but coverd it up so people wouldn`t know. Just another thing to keep the people off balance so the government could come to the rescue rattling sabers at the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You are right, I should probably just let it go. It is just much harder sleeping at night knowing all the things you do and knowing that no one will believe you. The government did a damn good job of keeping the people in their control with the entertainment and mass media, and the future does not look too happy.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well Steve, go read a few of the things I have posted in the other topics about the NWO. Just to let you know, our government is trying their best to get the USA into the NWO, no matter WHAT it takes, even lying to the people.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks! I love learning more and more about the NWO, except the only problem is when I look at recent threads you posted in, it says 0!!! I am fairly new to ATS, so if I am doing anything wrong, I would appreciate the help

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
if this was on TV day after day after month like this election coverage has been, people would be believing it all in no time. but you know what? a lot of them would still not be thinking and would still be ignorant.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just go back to where the main body of topics are listed, and start from the top, you will see where I have added threads to the topics.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by FiatLux]

new topics

top topics

join