It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: UK govt files on Iraq and Al-Qaeda go missing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You make a fair point

The Iraq files are very controversial in the United Kingdom. Government refuses to release information, files have gone "missing" before and sometimes even denied its existence! Due to secret shadows that surrounds the file, there is no evidence to suggest it even exists (could of been destroyed earlier for all we know)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
More worrying, we elected these individuals to protect us...pftt

Well, if he's an "intelligence official" as the report says, chances are he's a civil servant so he isn't elected. Nevertheless, he should be for the high jump.

As for 42 days, the fight against it isn't over yet... the Lords don't seem keen at all (Lib Dem and Conservative peers will certainly vote against it, and they outnumber the Labour peers. Also, I suspect many of the crossbenchers will also vote to reject it).

Ironic, isn't it? The unelected Lords may ride to the rescue of freedom. You've got to admit that, despite its faults, sometimes our political system is brilliant.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I wish I shared your optimism.......they will say he was in line for one anyway.

Its alleged the DUP (northern Ireland) were promised £1.5 billion increase next year, a group of MP`s that lobby for miners injury claims were given a nod and a wink and so on. The media seems to be having a field day on this at the moment.
Frank Dobson the leader of the rebel MP`s was interviewed and confirmed the DUP report.....when asked for proof he said "watch this space".

MMMMM.........I must say, we have the MSM stirring it (Sky news..when have they been interested in the truth), missing top secret reports, the house of lords threatening to throw it out, talk of Browns leadership.....etc etc

Could it be .... As David Ike say`s....."this is just the movie".

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think a terrorist attack would be very convenient for the government / establishment right now........anyone know if theres a security training exorcise going on

Sorry about that......I get paranoid.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

To any government official reading my last statement.......I did not mean to errm ya know, mention or errrm...yunno.
I was not condoning terrorism at all please don`t send me to jail.....I`m terrified of you and what you may do to me......your the man!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My take on this is that they were leaked on purpose.

al-Qaida only exist in the minds of those who believe the mass media that is of course controlled by the global elite.

Don't be suprised if this leads to someone in the present government, someone who is causing problems for current PM.

This works on two levels...

1. To target someone you wanted to oust...

2. To re-enforce the idea of a terrorist entity called al-Qaida in the publics eye...

Don't believe what BBC news tell you, they are the Governments spokes channel and funded by a taxation on the population by the use of a TV licence.

I wonder how many of our US readers realise that in Britain you need a Licence to own a TV??

Power to the People!!!

NeoN HaZe

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Don't believe what BBC news tell you, they are the Governments spokes channel and funded by a taxation on the population by the use of a TV licence.

None of us do. We are against the TV licence in the United Kingdom.
Hopefully, the BBC is scrapped or reformed. But that is for another thread

Still, I really do not like the sound of this story. Something is not right. Top secret files, if they exist, do not go "walkies" out of the office without security knowing?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Imagine a war where information leaks killed people or removed them from your face not bullets.

Imagine being the bully who could 'leak' things to make those who stood against you feel bad or to be caused harm.

Suddenly the files pertaining to some of the most sensitive operations the secret intelligence service and secret service are running against islamic terrorists gets 'left on a train'.

Thats real power right there - they were removed and no one knew about it. Thats sending a message in my opinion.

'don't ever again not support the government in its aims. You didn't publicly support 42 days detention. This is your warning'.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Reminds me of a book I read, about the UDA in Northern Ireland.

Intelligence about the IRA would ended up in the hands of loyalists after going "missing". That person would then end up dead. Again, lets hope I am just being paranoid.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What the hell?

He's just carrying around an enveloipe with top secret information?

No locked briefcase, maybe secured with handcuffs.

No, he just sets it down on a train seat. He wasn't even carrying it in his coat pocket.

What was he doing, reading a top secret document in public and he set it down and forgot? Something stinks.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Flory]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Thank god the Lib Dems and Conservatives have there head screwed on for a change, the Lords will reject this, it is actually scary that some polls say 2/3rd's are supporting it. That number can't be right but wouldn't suprise me after all the rubbish the media dishes out. Some people are saying that this will give Brown a boost in the polls, I mean what the hell?

As for the information thats been leaked, it's just funny that its made it's way to the BBC of all places. These are the same people that what biometric details of all of us? after all the personal/confidential information that's gone missing the past year. The I.D card soon.....my god this country is in a mess and we are powerless to stop it, we can't even protest without getting permission now.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Classified as 'UK Top Secret', the intelligence on Al Qaeda is so sensitive that every document is understood to be individually numbered and marked 'for UK/U.S./Canadian and Australian eyes only'.

The documents were spotted by a passenger and handed to the BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardner
Security sources also expressed concern that informants and British security personnel on the ground could have been compromised if the documents had fallen into the wrong hands.

Secret service and special forces personell and informants at risk now...

Oh they do fight dirty. What a message.

Support us or your lives are forefit.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There have been a lot of instances of "lost" data since Brown came into office, that didn't happen whilst Blair was in charge, and as this IS a conspiracy board, it kind of makes me wonder if the civil service have got it in for ol' Gordon.

I know it's a little out there, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
There have been a lot of instances of "lost" data since Brown came into office, that didn't happen whilst Blair was in charge, and as this IS a conspiracy board, it kind of makes me wonder if the civil service have got it in for ol' Gordon.

I know it's a little out there, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility...

Thats not true at all. The Iraq documents ? they got leaked in 2004 under Blair and he threw a paddy big time.

May 2005 war plans leak ..... he had his troubles but I agree that people hate Brown just as much as they hate Blair.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I'm thinking of the constant flow of lost data, like medical records, benefit records etc - not just security data.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

HAHAHA – Johnny English is back …

IMO – not sure where to go with the news story, but maybe this is another angle to get the AL Qaeda into the spotlight again and for the public eye (sheeple): Oh good they are doing something about those terrorists – tax money well spent ...

Did anyone noticed the *Iraq and Al Qaeda* part ? = to bring both together in one line = justification for war

[edit on 11-6-2008 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by estar
reply to post by Ste2652

Thank god the Lib Dems and Conservatives have there head screwed on for a change, the Lords will reject this, it is actually scary that some polls say 2/3rd's are supporting it.

It will make little difference because the lords will reject it, but the government can push the act through using the parliment act (made after 9/11 by blair) so in effect it'll just be delayed. Also someone said that it wont work because it conflicts with EU law, but again that won't matter because the gov can overide any EU law they want if its in the interest of national security.

But i dont think the files going missing had anything to do with the 42 days, however someone leaving topsecret files on a train is VERY odd it just wouldn't happen by accident. Its not like there just a copy of the daily rag, even if you are a forgetfull highly paid intelligence officer.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

How odd the government files on the assessment of Iraq and Al-Qaeda have gone missing on the day Parliament is voting on a possible law to allow suspects to be held for 42 days without trial.

How odd indeed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

No it's not odd and there's no conspiracy. It's just the same old thing yet again. Let me repeat : 25% of the population from the very top to the very bottom consist of greedy/lazy/arrogant/incompetant people. This is clearly yet another example. What idiot takes the information on a public train in the first place, never mind leaving it there. The same thinking burns the details of 22million people onto a CD and loses it (note how a private company also did this with government details.....even better a US company with UK details....I ask you how dumb can you get!!!!).

The main reason why we think that governement circles do this all the time is because they are in the public eye. Whereas private companies are not. If a private company left company details on a train you would never hear about it.....but it does happen.

Human weakness rules this world not NWO or conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Well that's not strictly true, is it?

Maybe Blair was just better at covering lost data incidents up. There's no reason to suggest they didn't happen... just that they weren't made public.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
it does seem umm 'highly irregular' especially as apparently whitehall didn't know the papers had left the building. sounds like a drop gone wrong tradecraft-wise. It beggars belief this is a 'slip up' of absent minded-ness. 25% population maybe but then surely intel recruitment weeds that 25% out non?

This reminds of a recent story about an intelligence operative in UK being married to a high class call girl and MI5 apparently not having known about it. meh? doesn't compute surely.

bring back george smiley

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join