It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okla. Dem Calls Obama Liberal, Declines to Endorse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Okla. Dem Calls Obama Liberal, Declines to Endorse

ap.google.com

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Democratic Rep. Dan Boren of Oklahoma said Tuesday Barack Obama is "the most liberal senator" in Congress and he has no intention of endorsing him for the White House.

"I think this is an important time for our country," Boren said in a telephone interview. "We're facing a terrible economic downturn. We have high gasoline prices. We have problem
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This will be just the beginning of the Democratic defections away from Obama.

There is too much time between now and November, and when people start to understand that Obama is doing nothing other than dressing up Marxist ideologies with fancy rhetoric and the words "hope" and "change", Democrats will defect in droves.

(Note to Mods: the link to submit this to Political News didn't work, so I just submitted it here.)

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

It will be interesting to see if your prediction pans out. Mr. Obama's campaign machine is sporting new teeth and, without the Hillary distraction, has more time to focus on the stragglers in their 'party'. We should begin to see now, the true tenor of his 'leadership'..., or will it be the leadership of the party that begins the internal push, I wonder?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

It will be interesting to see if your prediction pans out. Mr. Obama's campaign machine is sporting new teeth and, without the Hillary distraction, has more time to focus on the stragglers in their 'party'. We should begin to see now, the true tenor of his 'leadership'..., or will it be the leadership of the party that begins the internal push, I wonder?

Honestly, I think Obama is TOO far from mainstream America in his ideologies and his past associations with people like Wright and Ayers for many Democratic politicians who are moderate, and who have more moderate constituencies.

The far left has taken over the Democratic party, which may be the party's downfall.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Heres an idea instead of voting for McCain and Obama's big government, big debt, wealth redistribution, (McCain for the rich & Obama for the dirt poor) why not vote against both of the 2 party maffia dictatorship and vote for a libertarian or a guy like Ron Paul. At least when you wake up the morning after voting your conscious will be sound.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Never mind. I was going to say that the article didn't mention his intent to support Obama this fall. It does. It looks almost exactly like an earlier article that neglected to mention it.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

At this point I can virtually guarantee that I won't be voting for anyone of the 'media selected.'

Paul has it so far, but I hold no great expectations for any one person opposed by the republocratic (read corporate) regime in place now. I guarantee they will show their true - lowest - nature by sabotaging anything that would disrupt their owner's plans.

We need to get all these 'socialite elites' and 'corporate cronies' OUT of positions of power, or marginalize them with oversight and transparency regulations to make their commercial 'viability' nil.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As an Oklahoma resident, I know Boren is full of it.
Oh and his daddy was in skull and bones and was a mentor to George Tenet.

I'm not saying if he's right or wrong on his opinion of Obama, I'm just saying him and his family's motives are questionable.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As much as I would love to see someone like Ron Paul in the office. It isn't going to happen. It will just throw away votes.

If I actually believed there was a chance, that would be one thing. The reality is, not enough of the American public can think for themselves and actually look at issues and what a candidate stands for to make a difference

new topics

top topics

join