It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls Me White Folk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I have just as much right to be racist as you do to not be racist.

As a matter of fact I don't need your permission to be racist, silly or anything else but I do have the right to voice my opinion!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it you hateful mouth person.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Ok, maybe you're right about a lot of what you pointed out. I'm not sure why, I think it's something about your avatar, but you seem to be able to convince me of things more than most people.

lol...it's not my avatar I believe, which is only a picture of myself, it is simply recognition of the unbiased truth. The truth shall set you free, my friend.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

Originally posted by jamie83
Ok, maybe you're right about a lot of what you pointed out. I'm not sure why, I think it's something about your avatar, but you seem to be able to convince me of things more than most people.

lol...it's not my avatar I believe, which is only a picture of myself, it is simply recognition of the unbiased truth. The truth shall set you free, my friend.

Well it might be the truth, but it's your avatar too. You remind me of a buddy in college who always convinced me to go out with him and I always ended up buying the beer. I just couldn't say no to him for some reason. Do you think if this continues I should seek professional help???

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I have just as much right to be racist as you do to not be racist.

As a matter of fact I don't need your permission to be racist, silly or anything else but I do have the right to voice my opinion!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it you hateful mouth person.

She is exactly right. She has every right to be racist as you have not to be Andrew. Some may not agree with going against the so called norm, but the beauty of freedom is that people have a right to choose their own beliefs. If Eric is racist also, then that is his right and choice. I'm not saying its a fact that any of these people are racist though, just that they have the right to be if they want. Expressing hatred towards racism only fuels the fire because then you are being racist against racists! Lol.

But does racism solve anything? No, it doesn't in my humble opinion. How can humanity accomplish a common goal by splitting itself into categories that hate each other because of some reason or another?

And to Jamie: I think your perfectly sane, you should just try to look at things from both sides more often. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but I read some of your posts and notice take a very adamant stance on your views. And that is a good thing,but you are forgetting the key part of looking at it from the complete opposite side of the spectrum. You have to be able to put your personal views and opinions aside and really just analyze the whole situation as it is. I may be wrong about that though, but its just something I noticed. I do it too sometimes when someone really really gets on my nerves by showing extreme ignorance by ignoring any and all facts you give them. Then I get pushy...lol.

[edit on 6/14/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sorry if someone else posted this.
The point is not that he said "white folk" as being racist, but he's saying "Oh, what else do you expect from white people."

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zezima
Sorry if someone else posted this.
The point is not that he said "white folk" as being racist, but he's saying "Oh, what else do you expect from white people."

That pretty much sums up Obama's entire "race" speech in Philadelphia. The essence of his speech was, "What else do you expect for white people? What else do you expect from black people? Now let's take these racial prejudices and allow ME to heal them for everybody because I know both sides."

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I was actually thinking that after I posted; him talking about his grandmother being a "typical white person." And people want to vote for him...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

i never said you dont have the right to be racist...did i?
Infact i said you DO have the right to be racist

but that racism carries with it "hateful ignorance"

sorry that you dont like that, but its true.

You can be free to do whatever you want, but you better be ready to accept the responsibilities attached with whatever freedom you choose to take part in.

If you wanna be racist
Then you waller in ignorance, because racism has never ever been the answer to anything.

Thats not saying you dont have the right to be racist
so get off your high-horse and stop putting 'words in my mouth'

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

it would be a lot better if we were all the same race.the problems would be much less harsh.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been said or not already, but here goes...

It doesn't make one bit of difference if Obama is a racist or not. Reason number one. He does what he is told by the powerbrokers, or he goes the way of Kennedy. Reason number two. Even as President, he has no power to "hurt whitey" without hurting his own people. Do you really think he's gonna have a Black Panther party in the White House and enslave the whites? Come one people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join